Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16
Re: Rolling Stones Licked Live In NYC
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 12:04

Gee thru my headphones the new sound mix sounds fine to me - SO much better than anything from Copacabana. The organ, the drums, the BASS and the guitars all fine.

I don't much care for this song, normally but this has me JIZZED for the vinyl.

I like the new vision/cuts too!

Rod

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 29, 2022 19:34

TheBlockbuster
Anyone know what show Satisfaction is from in this clip? Maybe the Amsterdam show?

It could be Amsterdam. There's Charlie with the orange shirt (color of Holland).

I believe the Stones wore the same clothes at the August 2003 Amsterdam show as they did at trhe following show at Twickenham.
Amsterdam was being filmed for Four Flicks but the show had performance issues, so they filmed the next show for Four Flicks.

I could not find any photos from the August 2003 Amsterdam show. I don't remember the photographers being there.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 29, 2022 19:37

Rolling Stones perform during their "LIcks Wold Tour"
at Madison Square Garden.

photo by Rich Lee

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 2, 2022 18:43

exilestones
TheBlockbuster
Anyone know what show Satisfaction is from in this clip? Maybe the Amsterdam show?

It could be Amsterdam. There's Charlie with the orange shirt (color of Holland).

I believe the Stones wore the same clothes at the August 2003 Amsterdam show as they did at trhe following show at Twickenham.
Amsterdam was being filmed for Four Flicks but the show had performance issues, so they filmed the next show for Four Flicks.

I could not find any photos from the August 2003 Amsterdam show. I don't remember the photographers being there.

She Was Hot

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 2, 2022 21:17

VoodooLounge13
exilestones
TheBlockbuster

She Was Hot
The lady here looks like Angelina Jolie , that can't be right ?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2022 17:04

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 26, 2022 17:38

Just they knows what happened, why Lisa stopped to touring with them...really miss her.

Sasha is in the low poor standard, really they can tour only with bernard as backing vocals.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: May 27, 2022 14:52

1:47 theres that weird noise again,thats also on Dont Stop.

Great performance

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 19:14

I don’t see this on ITunes USA, will it be available on the streaming services too?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 4, 2022 20:37

rebelhipi

Great performance

Yup it's very bizarre. Must be baked into the actual tapes because I was hoping it was some weird error on the original mix. But those chimes are still there

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 00:31

Justin
rebelhipi

Great performance

Yup it's very bizarre. Must be baked into the actual tapes because I was hoping it was some weird error on the original mix. But those chimes are still there

This strange noise was audible in the venue during the gig...

Posted by: ak1977 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 01:55

artinis1
I don’t see this on ITunes USA, will it be available on the streaming services too?

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone have info on this?

Date: June 5, 2022 04:05

Justin
rebelhipi

Great performance

Interesting. First I've heard of that and makes sense. You were there I assume. Heard throughout the show then?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 10:51

rogerriffin
Just they knows what happened, why Lisa stopped to touring with them...really miss her.

Sasha is in the low poor standard, really they can tour only with bernard as backing vocals.

I agree. Lisa was superior all the way around.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 13:39

rogerriffin

Loved Lisa
Love Sasha

Integral to the sound of The Stones nowadays.
Especially on Gimme Shelter, a song that both her vocal and her persona has grown into thru the years. Her “aggression” with Mick on the walkway and at the end of it as the songs crescendos is just wonderful.

No need to put her down just because you prefer Lisa.

Rod

Date: June 5, 2022 19:50

Justin
Justin
rebelhipi

Great performance

Interesting. First I've heard of that and makes sense. You were there I assume. Heard throughout the show then?

Yes. I was there.
The noise was heard throughout the whole show.
I first thought it was an intentional thing to ruin the bootlegs sound...

Date: June 6, 2022 10:14

Justin
Justin
rebelhipi

Great performance

Yes. I was there.

Good to know thanks. Wow the whole show? I only remembered one or two instances on the HBO special but definitely not throughout the entire show. That must have been really annoying. Did other people also notice it?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: June 6, 2022 11:52

Just ordered this from my local record shop so that it is available when I go there.
It's only available from June 10th.
How is it that everyone here has already heard it?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 6, 2022 12:09

Whale
Just ordered this from my local record shop so that it is available when I go there.
It's only available from June 10th.
How is it that everyone here has already heard it?
Because it was a part of Four Flicks back in 2003.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 6, 2022 12:35

StonedRambler
If saving costs on these releases is a factor I would prefer they would skip the new video editing and put that money into a good mix, paying Bob Clearmountain. But maybe costs aren't even an issue and someone really thinks these Sam Wheat mixes are good.

There seem to be releases that they take seriously themselves and ones where they just play us for suckers. When it's something like El Mocambo that's been awaited for decades you can be sure it will be properly mixed. When it's something like Copa Beach it's like why do you even buy this when you got it a few years back and watched it until it became boring?

Date: June 6, 2022 14:41

Justin
Justin
Justin
rebelhipi

Great performance

Yes. I was there.

Good to know thanks. Wow the whole show? I only remembered one or two instances on the HBO special but definitely not throughout the entire show. That must have been really annoying. Did other people also notice it?

It was not always audible but I meant it happened during the whole show, sometimes quite high but mostly barely noticeable.

Date: June 7, 2022 04:45

Justin
Justin
Justin
rebelhipi

Great performance

Yes. I was there.

It was not always audible but I meant it happened during the whole show, sometimes quite high but mostly barely noticeable.

Incredible. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 7, 2022 05:12

ak1977
artinis1

Mick's cellphone is the only thing I've ever come up with.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 7, 2022 05:25

GasLightStreet
ak1977
artinis1

Mick's cellphone is the only thing I've ever come up with.

I don’t think flip phones were that loud.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 7, 2022 15:12

I should have my copy any day now . I can't wait for 4 weeks when I get my copy of Get Back .

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 7, 2022 23:34

2022 shows are far better.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: June 7, 2022 23:57

powerage78

Yes for sure. Keith and Ronnie just wasn't up to par in 2003, and Mick is much better today. And Steve just brings so much new energy to the band. Can't wait for the 2023 tour, it will definitely be the best so far.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 8, 2022 00:40

powerage78
I was in Munich and I'm still thrilled. They are realy good right now.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 9, 2022 00:30

Ok, usually Amazon will deliver a product on the day that it’s released. Licked Live in NYC is supposed to be released Friday, right? My order status now says it will be delivered Tuesday. WTF? I was looking forward to spending the weekend with it! I even cancelled and re-ordered and got the same thing. Anybody else get this?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 9, 2022 01:22

Ross
Ok, usually Amazon will deliver a product on the day that it’s released. Licked Live in NYC is supposed to be released Friday, right? My order status now says it will be delivered Tuesday. WTF? I was looking forward to spending the weekend with it! I even cancelled and re-ordered and got the same thing. Anybody else get this?
In my case amazon says = Delivery by June 20. The only way to get it on the release date is to go to local shop and pay a few euros more. But in some countries it is not a case. For example, here, in Portugal, local retailer FNAC has only 2 copies of 3LP package for online pre-order for the whole country and not a single copy of DVD+2CD sets. So I plan the listening party for the weekend of July 25.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home