Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16
Re: Rolling Stones Licked Live In NYC
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 19:03

Honestly who can afford all this Vinyl stuff? It's nice that they release Vinyl again but 65€ for one concert is way too much. You still need to buy the BluRay if you're interested in visuals...El Mocambo Vinyl is even more expensive...

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 13, 2022 19:13

this time for me, Mocambo Colored lps and Licked NYC Bluray+2cds deserves a chance.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 21:32

The Rolling Stones Licked Live In NYC (Limited German Edition) (Blue Vinyl) (3 LPs) – jpc

[www.jpc.de]

Pricey stuff. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-13 21:38 by glimmertwin1.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 13, 2022 21:50

Germany exclusive - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Bravado.de] - (Blue Vinyl color tone may vary from image)

France exclusive - [www.FNAC.com]

[www.jpc.de] , [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com]

[www.jpc.de] , [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.com] , [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-17 22:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: April 13, 2022 21:51

Looking forward to this release. Not only because the full MSG performance with great versions of Monkey man, Midnight Rambler, Can’t you hear me knocking, If you can’t rock me and Thru & Thru. But also bonustracks from Amsterdam. It was one of Licks concerts I visited that summer. Looking forward to see pro shot footage of a show were I went to. Star Star and I just wanna make love to you were for me the biggest surprises on the setlist that evening. Can’t wait to see this dvd.

Does anybody knows if the Japanese version will have extra content?

Date: April 13, 2022 22:05

Mabru

Does anybody knows if the Japanese version will have extra content?

Poster of the LP-Cover in the same size - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.CDJapan.co.jp] .

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 13, 2022 22:14

Prices have increased haven't they?

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 22:15

StonedRambler

Yes.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 22:57

StonedRambler
Sure have. The Tokyo 1990 3lp was only $49, and a dvd used to always be included.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 14, 2022 01:50

They should be doing with Licks what Metallica did with the Black Album tour and stream a different show every week.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2022 04:59

As much as I enjoyed that MSG show, and I do have FOUR FLICKS, I can't see any reason to spend money on this.

MOCAMBO?

Absolutely.

Maybe if the previous show, which was recorded, with a huge two song difference, was included I might be more interested in buying it.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 14, 2022 05:56

GasLightStreet
As much as I enjoyed that MSG show, and I do have FOUR FLICKS, I can't see any reason to spend money on this.

MOCAMBO?

Absolutely.

Maybe if the previous show, which was recorded, with a huge two song difference, was included I might be more interested in buying it.

Exactly. This is a money grabbing ho-hum release.

Rod

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 14, 2022 06:19

So it is a ripoff? And only for suckers who don't already have Four Flicks, or can't a copy, and they are cheap?

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: April 14, 2022 09:46

Those of us who live outside of France cannot buy Red vinyl at Fnac. There is a solution.

Date: April 14, 2022 10:20

mick64

Those of us who live outside of France cannot buy Red vinyl at Fnac.

It's listed in France, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg: [www.FNAC.com] , [www.fr.FNAC.ch] , [www.fr.FNAC.be] .

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 14, 2022 10:44

mick64
Those of us who live outside of France cannot buy Red vinyl at Fnac. There is a solution.

What's the solution?

Date: April 14, 2022 10:50

henrik87

What's the solution?

Using a question mark if you have a question ?

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: April 14, 2022 11:41

GasLightStreet

MOCAMBO?

Absolutely.

Same for me. I'm done paying over and over for the same content in slightly improved quality. I doubt the footage on the bluray will be in 4k widescreen this time for example. Last week I played Bridges to Bremen on my 55" 4K OLED screen and it hurted my eyes. And then you see that Beatles doc Get Back on Disney that looks like it was filmed yesterday.. Crystal clear 4K quality..

Date: April 14, 2022 11:55

ribbelchips

Last week I played Bridges to Bremen on my 55" 4K OLED screen and it hurted my eyes. And then you see that Beatles doc Get Back on Disney that looks like it was filmed yesterday.. Crystal clear 4K quality..

Because the Beatles 'Get Back' was filmed in 1969 on film (now HiRes-scanned) while RS 'Bridges to Bremen' was recorded in 1998 on Video-Tape in PAL-resolution.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 14, 2022 11:58

Irix
henrik87

What's the solution?

Using a question mark if you have a question ?

LOL…… but there must be a solution. People outside of Germany can buy that one.

I was speaking to a record shop owner in London at the weekend. Ironically, she said black vinyl is becoming rarer than coloured vinyl.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: April 14, 2022 12:49

Irix
ribbelchips

Last week I played Bridges to Bremen on my 55" 4K OLED screen and it hurted my eyes. And then you see that Beatles doc Get Back on Disney that looks like it was filmed yesterday.. Crystal clear 4K quality..

Because the Beatles 'Get Back' was filmed in 1969 on film (now HiRes-scanned) while RS 'Bridges to Bremen' was recorded in 1998 on Video-Tape in PAL-resolution.

I can hardly imagine that in 2022 there are no ways to improve that.. I quess it could also be a cost/revenue issue.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 14, 2022 12:57

I never bought the Four Flicks boxset. So this is a no brainer to buy.

Lets see if theres anoter release from this era coming.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 14, 2022 13:17

Irix
mick64

Those of us who live outside of France cannot buy Red vinyl at Fnac.

It's listed in France, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg: [www.FNAC.com] , [www.fr.FNAC.ch] , [www.fr.FNAC.be] .

.com worked for me from Germany. BE & CH caused country issues.

Date: April 14, 2022 13:45

ribbelchips

I can hardly imagine that in 2022 there are no ways to improve that.. I quess it could also be a cost/revenue issue.

Unfortunately, there's barely a way to improve that - the information went already lost during the recording. If you had in the mid-1990s taken a photo with the very first Digital Cameras then the picture-resolution was 640x480. A photo taken at the same time on 35 mm film (24x36) could be scanned with a resolution of 6144x4096. It's possible to upscale the 640x480 to 6144x4096 - but this provides no real additional information. That's also the reason why there's e.g. no SACD from Steel Wheels on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-14 14:00 by Irix.

Date: April 14, 2022 14:21

Hmm thanks for the explanation Irix. Things make more sense now. But since when did they start to record in this 640x480 format, because the early 1970 vault releases also have this poor quality. Live at the Max and Let's Spend the Night Together both are shot on film then right? They still look great. And so does Rock 'n Roll Circus...

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 14, 2022 14:31

BTW Irix. Thanks for your superb online shop sleuthing, and making it easy for all of us to order the pre-sale vinyl we want! Legend!

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 14, 2022 14:33

Actually there are ways nowadays to upscale early digital videos with low resolution. You get them to look sharp by calculating pixels inbetween which doesn't add additional information but lets it look sharp. But this requires a lot of rendering time and super high-powered computers and that kinda effort just wouldn't pay out on releases like this.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: April 14, 2022 14:44

Twickenham and Wiltern were recorded in widescreen, but MSG and Olympia only in 4:3. Would be nice to know how many shows from 2002-2003 are available in widescreen.

The upscaled SD blu-ray releases looks pretty good on a modern flat screen considering the source material. I have a VCR connected to my modern tv and the difference in quality between an old tape and these new upscaled releases is pretty big. Compared to the Four Flicks dvd this new blu-ray might not be a big improvement though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-14 14:47 by yeababyyea.

Date: April 14, 2022 15:00

StonedRambler

Actually there are ways nowadays to upscale early digital videos with low resolution.

It's also possible to make a HiRes-version of digital Audio-recordings from the 1980s - but this requires a remastering on multitrack-level, even better would be a remastering of every single instrument/voice. And it's a lot of work for a convincing result.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 14, 2022 15:15

SonicDreamer
BTW Irix. Thanks for your superb online shop sleuthing, and making it easy for all of us to order the pre-sale vinyl we want! Legend!

Cheers,
SonicD

I second this - Irix is always on top of this for us all. Superbly appreciated!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home