Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16
Re: Rolling Stones Licked Live In NYC
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 29, 2022 12:00

ironbelly

Rio 2006. was removed from FSK site pretty soon after announcement. I did not save the link

The FSK-approval is here - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 29, 2022 12:28

Irix
ironbelly

Rio 2006. was removed from FSK site pretty soon after announcement. I did not save the link

The FSK-approval is here - [iorr.org] .
Thank you
So for Rio FSK was March 3, 2021, Official announcement May 7, 2021 and release date July 9, 2021. Roughly five months between FSK and release again.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: January 29, 2022 12:30

EddieByword
The Roseland - NYC - 30.9.2002 was 141 mns on the boot........If the intros and some audience noise were edited out it could easily be brought down to 135.....or, if they knocked out Brown sugar that would be bang on 135.....

Roseland included " She smiled sweetly" WAHOU

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 29, 2022 14:11

JMARCOU
EddieByword
The Roseland - NYC - 30.9.2002 was 141 mns on the boot........If the intros and some audience noise were edited out it could easily be brought down to 135.....or, if they knocked out Brown sugar that would be bang on 135.....

Roseland included " She smiled sweetly" WAHOU

It did, although I don't know what WAHOU means........ confused smileysmiling smiley

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
All Down The Line
Hand Of Fate
Sweet Virginia
She Smiled Sweetly
Neighbours
Dance Pt. 1
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
That's How Strong My Love Is
Going To A Go Go
Ain't To Proud To Beg
--- Introductions
You Don't Have To Mean It (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Midnight Rambler
Rock Me Baby (with Jonny Lang)
Stray Cat Blues
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-29 15:07 by EddieByword.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 29, 2022 14:16

EddieByword

The bootleg of the Roseland Ballroom on YouTube is 121 minutes:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 29, 2022 15:01

spunky
EddieByword

The bootleg of the Roseland Ballroom on YouTube is 121 minutes:
[youtu.be]

Must being a different recording to the one I have (PGN 009) - mine is 141.43.

Hmm.....correction:....I just double checked mine has 3 bonus tracks from Boston - Fleet centre tagged on the end....yes, so without them it's 123.53 .........thanks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-29 15:09 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 29, 2022 19:01

It's likely MSG 2003 with the cut songs put back in.

Date: January 29, 2022 19:30

Justin

It's likely MSG 2003 with the cut songs put back in.

Yes, complete concerts now - but with ruined mastering .... you have to purchase the release a 3rd time. winking smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 29, 2022 19:52

Mabru
yeababyyea
The Amsterdam show was scrapped from television in Europe, maybe because of Keith's intro on Brown Sugar?

That's not true. The second show on August 20th was planned to be broadcast live on tv but that show was postponed to september because Mick Jagger had problems with his throat. I was already in the line for the pit when that show was cancelled. The first show was also recorded and some of the audience shots are used at the Four Flicks dvd they are mixed in the Twickenham London show. Various people from this forum confirmed it because they were at the Amsterdam show and spotted themselves on the dvd

I was also going to be at the second show. Never ever believed the show was canceled of Mick’s laryngitis. For me it’s clear they canceled because of not wanting to have the concert to be broadcast (live) on tv. With the plans for Four Flicks in mind. The Stones are not stupid, and are all about the money. And why not, having to the chance to make much money, who doesn’t. Why should they be thieves of their own wallet.
But I wished they didn’t. Would like to have seen the show live in Amsterdam (Johan Cruyff) ArenA and simultaneously taped it at home on my videorecorder. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: January 29, 2022 20:33

Salt lake city was mixed by Sam «Hvetesekken» Wheat

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 29, 2022 21:58

andreas
Salt lake city was mixed by Sam «Hvetesekken» Wheat

But that one sounds good! No comparison to Rio!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 30, 2022 04:45

Irix
ProfessorWolf

and when is this new release

Official announcement usually 2-3 months after the FSK-approval, release date then 1-2 months after the official announcement.

thanks

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 30, 2022 11:04

Christiaan

I was also going to be at the second show. Never ever believed the show was canceled of Mick’s laryngitis. For me it’s clear they canceled because of not wanting to have the concert to be broadcast (live) on tv. With the plans for Four Flicks in mind. The Stones are not stupid, and are all about the money. And why not, having to the chance to make much money, who doesn’t. Why should they be thieves of their own wallet.
But I wished they didn’t. Would like to have seen the show live in Amsterdam (Johan Cruyff) ArenA and simultaneously taped it at home on my videorecorder. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Man, laryngitis is really no joke. Your whole vocal chords are swollen and if you try to sing a show nevertheless you might get nodules on your vocal chords and for them to go away you have to be on total voice rest for at least two weeks. In the worst case they won't go away and they have to be removed with an operation which will take months to heal probably and often the voice won't sound like before after that.
So the choice in such case is between cancelling one or two shows or risking a whole tour and career.
It's really no joke.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: January 30, 2022 16:07

Great news. I wonder which show its gonna be.
Also i suspect that theres going to be another release from the Licks tour.
Like we had Bremen and Buenos Aires from Babylon and Miami and Tokyo from Voodoo.

Date: January 30, 2022 16:38

rebelhipi
Like we had Bremen and Buenos Aires from Babylon and Miami and Tokyo from Voodoo.
That's what I also think. I guess they found out they can make more money if they sell the shows separately for 30€ each instead of releasing one expensive box set that only a minority of hardcore fans will buy.
My guess it's that it's also easier so target specific geographical groups with the releases, especially if it's stadium/arena concerts with more or less similar setlists. Bridges to Bremen was a release that many probably bought that went to the European Tour '98 while Bridges to Buenos Aires was for those who went to the South American leg. Tokyo 95 was only available in Japan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-30 16:38 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 30, 2022 17:43

maybe the most simple reason is to have something to sell for the 60th anniversary of the band (and the 20th anniversary of the licks tour)

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 30, 2022 18:01

Man, laryngitis is really no joke. Your whole vocal chords are swollen and if you try to sing a show nevertheless you might get nodules on your vocal chords and for them to go away you have to be on total voice rest for at least two weeks. In the worst case they won't go away and they have to be removed with an operation which will take months to heal probably and often the voice won't sound like before after that.
So the choice in such case is between cancelling one or two shows or risking a whole tour and career.
It's really no joke.

StonedRambler, I never said, nor believe laryngitis is a joke. But do you know the schedule of 2003? You talk about rest for two weeks. They played August 19 of 2003 in Amsterdam and played Augustus 24 of 2003 in London. The canceled show was supposed to be on August 20 of 2003. So my suggestion is to write to Mick that he was taking a huge risk. This was not the first time nor the last time they canceled due to Mick’s laryngitis. And more than one time just for a few days.
I can sadly say that I had a few cancellations or rescheduled concerts of Stones. More than one due to Mick’s laryngitis. Not funny

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-30 19:05 by Christiaan.

Date: January 30, 2022 23:10

Christiaan
StonedRambler, I never said, nor believe laryngitis is a joke. But do you know the schedule of 2003? You talk about rest for two weeks. They played August 19 of 2003 in Amsterdam and played Augustus 24 of 2003 in London. The canceled show was supposed to be on August 20 of 2003. So my suggestion is to write to Mick that he was taking a huge risk. This was not the first time nor the last time they canceled due to Mick’s laryngitis. And more than one time just for a few days.
I can sadly say that I had a few cancellations or rescheduled concerts of Stones. More than one due to Mick’s laryngitis. Not funny
No, I said it takes to weeks to heal (that includes total voice rest) if you have nodules on your chords. With Laryngitis the accute inflammation lasts a few days and that's the critical time frame where you should avoid singing and speaking. Then as a singer like Mick you get cortisole and antibiotics which let the worst of the inflammation go by. Then you can at least get the job done without risking too much. I bet he wasn't back in full voice at London.
Same happened for the Hanging Rock concert in 2014. Only for one concert, but you could notice from the videos that his voice took a few concerts to get back to full shape again

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: January 31, 2022 01:08

StonedRambler
rebelhipi
That's what I also think. I guess they found out they can make more money if they sell the shows separately for 30€ each instead of releasing one expensive box set that only a minority of hardcore fans will buy.
My guess it's that it's also easier so target specific geographical groups with the releases, especially if it's stadium/arena concerts with more or less similar setlists. Bridges to Bremen was a release that many probably bought that went to the European Tour '98 while Bridges to Buenos Aires was for those who went to the South American leg. Tokyo 95 was only available in Japan.
Three releases would also make sense. One theater, Stadium, Arena show.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 31, 2022 05:37

rebelhipi
StonedRambler
rebelhipi

Well, this is the Licks/formerly Four Flicks equivalent to the recently released Copacabana/Biggest Bang release, just one show from the former box sets, but complete ("uncut") plus extras, so expect not much new - it will be the NY TV show.

Glad that they get it out of the way, but please start the true 60th Anniversary releases soon afterwards!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 31, 2022 06:15

rebelhipi
StonedRambler
rebelhipi

I am afraid if they would relaese the concerts separately, the only ones interested in purchasing would be the same hardcore fans in that case too. Pretty hard to imagine any one else could be interested in some Rolling Stones show from 2002 or 2003. I guess they have done some calculation how to make most of it (say, one such hardcore fan might just buy one seperate show instead of whole box if it is possible, but now he or she needs to buy the whole damn box to get it).

- Doxa

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 31, 2022 10:33

retired_dog
Glad that they get it out of the way, but please start the true 60th Anniversary releases soon afterwards!
Do you really need another re-issue of well known material with (probably) dubious mastering choices? In the best case scenario you'll get separate discs from In Mono box for Decca/London period and repacked 2009 remaster for RSR era.

Date: January 31, 2022 11:01

ironbelly
retired_dog
Do you really need another re-issue of well known material with (probably) dubious mastering choices? In the best case scenario you'll get separate discs from In Mono box for Decca/London period and repacked 2009 remaster for RSR era.

For the 60th anniversary?

That would be a marketing suicide smiling smiley

Remember what we got for the 50th: 2 new tracks (not mentioning that monkey...), IBC, Camden Theater - and then they kept them coming...

I'm not expecting less this time around.

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: January 31, 2022 12:38

I misread the part about Amsterdam only being 15 minutes :/

Hopefully the NYC show will be one that wasn't already on Four FLicks, or this release is a bit pointless :/

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 31, 2022 13:32

Do we know a release date ?

Date: January 31, 2022 14:10

TheGreek

Do we know a release date ?

Not yet. The official announcement is usually 2-3 months after the FSK-approval, release date then 1-2 months after the official announcement.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: January 31, 2022 16:39

Anyone here think or know if the Olympia Paris Four Flicks show will ever get an individual release? I'm interested in having this on CD...

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 31, 2022 17:56

FrogSugar
Anyone here think or know if the Olympia Paris Four Flicks show will ever get an individual release? I'm interested in having this on CD...

Only time will tell but I will be a great standalone release only with a very good audio mix from Bob Clearmountain.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2022 18:28

The 1-16-2003 MSG show was recorded in case the 1-18-2003 PPV had issues.

Maybe that'll come out.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 31, 2022 19:12

10 songs of the Jan 18th show from NY made to the Live Licks CD. So maybe that show.
I like the mix on the Live Licks - somehow raw. But I bet this release will not sound as good. (I liked Little Red Rooster from Flashpoint but not from the Vault Release eg.)

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home