Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Damon Albarn rips The Rolling Stones
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 24, 2022 21:20

Re: Damon Albarn rips The Rolling Stones
Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: January 24, 2022 21:42

Lol a has been from the Brit pop days of the 90s who doesn’t get it.
Gasp! (with extreme sarcasm).

His whole interview was more masked envy and projection rather than having anything worth saying.

I guess we’ll find out if his music is any good or not, since I haven’t heard anything from him since Parklife…some 28 years ago.

Good luck with that…and good luck at your gigs at Disney (I’m sure the snow-bird vacationers will love it.

Is he gonna wear some Mickey ears at the show?

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 24, 2022 21:49

Who's Damon Albarn anyway? Parklife and Song No. 2? What else remains in light?

I always have a good laugh when has-been artists like him feel the need to rip the Stones.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 24, 2022 21:57

Nothing outrageous about that. Just an opinion. Considering the fact that he is not into reunions it's a natural conclusion.

Date: January 24, 2022 22:18

I don't hear any envy in his short remarks. He also says that he loves the Stones. And to say that DA hasn't done anything except Blur is fantasy. He has released around 15 excellent albums, that stay with or ahead of the times. Solo, with Gorillaz, Good, Bad & Queen.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: January 24, 2022 22:29

Palace Revolution 2000
I don't hear any envy in his short remarks. He also says that he loves the Stones. And to say that DA hasn't done anything except Blur is fantasy. He has released around 15 excellent albums, that stay with or ahead of the times. Solo, with Gorillaz, Good, Bad & Queen.

Huh, never heard anything he’s done since Parklife

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 24, 2022 22:56

Didn't know who he was until I read the article then saw he was with Blur. Only song of theirs I know is that Whoo Hoo song that I heard played at hockey games for a while.

Date: January 24, 2022 23:04

Palace Revolution 2000

I don't doubt that artists could release "around 15 excellent albums" since their heyday while at the same time slowly slipping into obscurity, I simply doubt that artists should tell other artists what to do. It usually stinks, in particular if it comes from someone in DA's position.

Oh yes, he says that he loved (not: loves) the Stones, but only "in their heyday".

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 24, 2022 23:37

retired_dog

Oh yes, he says that he loved (not: loves) the Stones, but only "in their heyday".

Was he even born then...

- Doxa

Re: Damon Albarn
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 24, 2022 23:53

Taylor Swift's response to Damon Albarn's Los Angeles Times interview:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 25, 2022 00:22

OUCHeeeeee !!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: January 25, 2022 00:24

Taylor!!!thumbs up

But it starts to look like mr. Albarn got the media attention he wanted by picking up about the two biggest names in business to mock. Sounds a bit too intentional.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 00:33 by Doxa.

Date: January 25, 2022 00:31

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 00:32 by Doxa.

Date: January 25, 2022 00:31

Swift - Albarn 1-0...

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 25, 2022 00:44

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Poor Taylor. She’s got co-writers on almost all her songs.
What a fool.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 25, 2022 01:35

…but did she get her scarf back?

Date: January 25, 2022 01:35

Paddy
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

What a fool.

Poor Mick. Poor Keith. They've got co-writers on almost all their songs.
What fools.

(irony off)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 25, 2022 01:48

From the article:

"Co-writing is very different to writing. I’m not hating on anybody, I’m just saying there’s a big difference between a songwriter and a songwriter who co-writes.”

WOW so true, a "big difference" indeed. He's really got his head screwed on. So idiot simpletons like Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards and Gilbert & Sullivan were just cowriters.

How weak. They should look to people like Damon Albarn who is the real deal.

Fab haircut too.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 25, 2022 11:44

treaclefingers
From the article:

"Co-writing is very different to writing. I’m not hating on anybody, I’m just saying there’s a big difference between a songwriter and a songwriter who co-writes.”

WOW so true, a "big difference" indeed. He's really got his head screwed on. So idiot simpletons like Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards and Gilbert & Sullivan were just cowriters.

Fab haircut too.

We could debate this forever I suspect, but just how many, say, Lennon-McCartney compositions are genuine 50/50 collaborations? About a dozen? The reality is that they wrote separately much of the time, yet chipped-in on each-others’ individual works. I’ve always felt that Lennon-McCartney, Jagger-Richards, etc, is for publishing and royalty purposes. They’re not really a writing partnership. What did Jagger contribute before he could strum a few chords? A lyric here and there? Before ’68, Keith was the primary songwriter. In a nutshell: they all write individually. Beyonce and Taylor Swift having ‘co-writers’ is different, in my opinion. I wouldn’t be shocked if, any their case, it was code for ‘ghost writer’

Date: January 25, 2022 11:49

Paddy
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

What a fool.

Does she? On Red Deluxe she wrote 13 songs by herself.

Date: January 25, 2022 12:20

Basically, I don't believe Albarn had the likes of Lennon-McCartney in mind when he mentioned 'co-writers' I suspect he's referring to the likes of Taylor Swift who use others to, perhaps, help them write songs.

Date: January 25, 2022 12:34

I love Albarn. Blur is one on my all time favorite bands. Such a great band, also live. Gorillaz very cool to.

Date: January 25, 2022 12:36

Indirectly, Albarn is putting his finger on a developent in music today: The amount of producers and others who join in to write songs with major artists. Hence producing becomes songwriting.

That may lead to the artist's voice or signature sound vanishing from the music a bit in the process, compared to how it used to be.

Date: January 25, 2022 12:40

DandelionPowderman
Indirectly, Albarn is putting his finger on a developent in music today: The amount of producers and others who join in to write songs with major artists. Hence producing becomes songwriting.

That may lead to the artist's voice or signature sound vanishing from the music a bit in the process, compared to how it used to be.

That's a really good point thumbs up

Date: January 25, 2022 12:56

Big Al
DandelionPowderman

Possibly, but what has this got to do with the topic "Damon Albarn rips The Rolling Stones"?

Date: January 25, 2022 13:04

retired_dog
Big Al
DandelionPowderman

Possibly, but what has this got to do with the topic "Damon Albarn rips The Rolling Stones"?

Ha ha, come to think of it, Carl Falk springs to mind, for the upcoming Stones-album! grinning smiley

However, I was thinking of Albarn's criticism of Taylor Swift here.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 25, 2022 20:21

Big Al
treaclefingers
From the article:

Fab haircut too.

We could debate this forever I suspect, but just how many, say, Lennon-McCartney compositions are genuine 50/50 collaborations? About a dozen? The reality is that they wrote separately much of the time, yet chipped-in on each-others’ individual works. I’ve always felt that Lennon-McCartney, Jagger-Richards, etc, is for publishing and royalty purposes. They’re not really a writing partnership. What did Jagger contribute before he could strum a few chords? A lyric here and there? Before ’68, Keith was the primary songwriter. In a nutshell: they all write individually. Beyonce and Taylor Swift having ‘co-writers’ is different, in my opinion. I wouldn’t be shocked if, any their case, it was code for ‘ghost writer’

Well if he's using 'code', then he should just up and say she's a fraud. Or he could alternatively shut the hell up because he doesn't actually have a clue.

These mundane musings from a 90s has been are only entertaining because we can scoff at the ideas a bit.

He's desperate for some attention and it's pathetic.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 25, 2022 20:26

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I love Albarn. Blur is one on my all time favorite bands. Such a great band, also live. Gorillaz very cool to.

thumbs up

Not to mention The Good, the Bad, and the Queen, his solo material, and the many other various collaborations he's been involved with over the years.
A true artist who is continuously creating.

Date: January 25, 2022 20:31

I like some of his work - went to see the John Dee opera - but was never much of a Blur fan, and liked Gorillaz only when they had Mark E Smith on, but what in god's name has he done with his HAIR? Some kind of specially aged mullet ...

Date: January 25, 2022 20:57

Parklife is brilliant. Very British. "It's got nothing to do with Vorsprung
durch technik you know...".

Parklife

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home