Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dan Armstrong on Winter Tour 73, a fake?
Posted by: pichenot ()
Date: January 26, 2022 18:55

DandelionPowderman
Yes, Wiki says that he made more guitars when he moved to London (most likely the 71-models with mahogany).

Ok I give up, the question is simple however.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 26, 2022 21:07

DandelionPowderman
Yes, Wiki says that he made more guitars when he moved to London (most likely the 71-models with mahogany).
Correct , and as you stated in Mahogany as the Plexiglass was no longer built after the move To London . So it's not an apples to apples comparison on neck profiles as the composition of the body material changed to Mahogany and thus the point about neck profiles is invalid as the topic was in regards to the Plexiglass model . Also worth noting that Keith was given a new reissue model in 2017 (European Tour ) if my memory serves me right which he tried it and promptly discarded it . Also as an aside I know this model like the back of my hand after doing my homework and purchasing a first year issue 1969 , of which I have many photos that I would love to share of this model and many more Fender's and Gibson's vintage and new . I would love to share the images ! (shoot me your E-Mail if you like and you could then share them with our other forum member as well )

Date: January 26, 2022 21:22

pichenot
DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby
DandelionPowderman
pichenot
Eleanor Rigby
That pic of keith.. he wears that top during the Melbourne 1973 shows.

Are you asking if he played the DA during the 1973 Aussie/NZ Tour?

Yes first time I see Keith with Dan Armstrong between Nellcote and European tour 2007.

Who said the pic in the opening post was from the 1973 Winter Tour?

Hahaha...read the post!
Surely he is asking if that pic is from 1973 aussie tour??

I meant why did he assume it was from that tour at all smiling smiley

It doesn't matter if it's 72 or 73, had you ever seen a Dan Armstrong in Keith's hands after the guitar theft at Nellcote. Is it pretty clear or you need a 60 page explanation?smoking smiley

No, I haven't. However, it was you that brought in the winter tour, and asked if it was an ad. I just wondered why you'd think that. It's not important smiling smiley

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: January 26, 2022 22:39

TheGreek
Also as an aside I know this model like the back of my hand after doing my homework and purchasing a first year issue 1969 , of which I have many photos that I would love to share of this model and many more Fender's and Gibson's vintage and new . I would love to share the images ! (shoot me your E-Mail if you like and you could then share them with our other forum member as well )

I'd love to see your photos of your '69 Armstrong. If you send them to my email, I will post them here in this thread via picture host imgur.com, so all on the board can see.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: January 27, 2022 14:06

Simply awesome, thanks for sharing these pictures, I am envious :-)

Date: January 27, 2022 14:13

skytrench
Simply awesome, thanks for sharing these pictures, I am envious :-)

Thank You very Kindly for your most awesome help !

Date: January 27, 2022 14:36

That's a beauty, Greek! thumbs up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 27, 2022 15:03

Beautiful guitar!

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: January 27, 2022 15:35

I think that the first photo is from Winter '73 because of Keith's shirt and because of his hairstyle.

But we're there indoor shows during that tour? Presumably so, but I'm ve only ever seen daytime or daylight shots / clips.

Date: January 27, 2022 16:27

DandelionPowderman
That's a beauty, Greek! thumbs up
Thank You Kindly

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 27, 2022 16:53

Four Stone Walls
I think that the first photo is from Winter '73 because of Keith's shirt and because of his hairstyle.

But we're there indoor shows during that tour? Presumably so, but I'm ve only ever seen daytime or daylight shots / clips.

Keith's shirt matches that to one of the Honolulu shows, but at these shows they did not have any monitors before Mick Jagger but only sidefills. He wore the shirt during the Winter Tour as well, but never with white pants, only jeans as fas as I can tell.

Great shots from Hawaii:

[www.gettyimages.no]

For some reason I only discovered now that the shows were indoor. I always thought it were outdoor shows!

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-27 16:54 by Mathijs.

Date: January 27, 2022 17:48

When I zoom in (not entirely clear) it looks like the Ampeg is crancked up at ca 8. smoking smiley

"If you don't c sharp you'll b flat". - Muhammad Ali.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home