Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brian and Nico
Posted by: slakka ()
Date: January 22, 2022 05:09

Want to learn all details please. I know it was brief.

Re: Brian and Nico
Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: January 22, 2022 09:57

Mini-documentary about Nico's relationship with Brian Jones. Nico moved to London in 1965, where she met the Stones and recorded a single for Immediate Records, which was Rolling Stones' manager Andrew Oldham's record label. Both Brian Jones and Jimmy Page played guitar on the single. It featured the song "I'm Not Saying" on the A-side and "The Last Mile" on the B-side. Nico's love affair with Brian lasted three months but they remained friends after it ended. Brian Jones took Nico to Andy Warhol's Factory in 1965 and their last public appearance together was at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967.

P.S. It's not Nico's real voice in the video but they're all real quotes from Nico. Things she said in interviews, etc...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 22, 2022 17:18

gagiwh
Mini-documentary about Nico's relationship with Brian Jones. Nico moved to London in 1965, where she met the Stones and recorded a single for Immediate Records, which was Rolling Stones' manager Andrew Oldham's record label. Both Brian Jones and Jimmy Page played guitar on the single. It featured the song "I'm Not Saying" on the A-side and "The Last Mile" on the B-side. Nico's love affair with Brian lasted three months but they remained friends after it ended. Brian Jones took Nico to Andy Warhol's Factory in 1965 and their last public appearance together was at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967.

P.S. It's not Nico's real voice in the video but they're all real quotes from Nico. Things she said in interviews, etc...

[www.youtube.com]

Brian Jones does not play any instrument on any Nico song. This erroneous information is being rehashed over and over.

Mathijs

Date: January 22, 2022 22:47

Jimmy Page and John McLaughlin were amongst the most in demand session players re pop and rock music in London during the early to mid sixties. McLaughlin did one short session with Mick Jagger and then he walked out saying "what the hell is going on here", despite the fact he needed the money. He could get along with Jagger very well but preferred to play with Duffy Power on a few tracks, along with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker. Duffy Power was a criminally underrated blues/ pop singer and harp player.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-22 23:28 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 23, 2022 10:30

Mathijs
gagiwh

[www.youtube.com]

Brian Jones does not play any instrument on any Nico song. This erroneous information is being rehashed over and over.

Mathijs

I was going to post the exact same point, Mathijs.

Date: January 23, 2022 10:34

TheflyingDutchman
Jimmy Page and John McLaughlin were amongst the most in demand session players re pop and rock music in London during the early to mid sixties. McLaughlin did one short session with Mick Jagger and then he walked out saying "what the hell is going on here", despite the fact he needed the money. He could get along with Jagger very well but preferred to play with Duffy Power on a few tracks, along with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker. Duffy Power was a criminally underrated blues/ pop singer and harp player.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

We all know how in demand Jimmy Page and Big Jim Sullivan were, but I’ve always been under the impression that John McLaughlin was only very briefly involved in the session scene. The top-four most popular amongst London producers were probably Page, Sullivan, Vick Flick and Eric Ford.

Date: January 23, 2022 14:17

Big Al
TheflyingDutchman

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

We all know how in demand Jimmy Page and Big Jim Sullivan were, but I’ve always been under the impression that John McLaughlin was only very briefly involved in the session scene. The top-four most popular amongst London producers were probably Page, Sullivan, Vick Flick and Eric Ford.

McLaughlin was asked very often, but "hated" the job. He rejected very often, and as soon as he could cut it on his own, he left the scene.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 24, 2022 12:35

"There was no Brian Jones on the Nico cut. He was a presence in her life, not in the studio." - Andrew Loog Oldham.

Date: January 24, 2022 12:37

His Majesty
"There was no Brian Jones on the Nico cut. He was a presence in her life, not in the studio." - Andrew Loog Oldham.

Well, if anyone's likely to know...!

Date: January 24, 2022 12:40

TheflyingDutchman

McLaughlin was asked very often, but "hated" the job. He rejected very often, and as soon as he could cut it on his own, he left the scene.

Considering he's a serious jazz guitarist, that isn't surprising, really. He wouldn't have enjoyed performing on Herman's Hermits latest, I suppose.

Date: January 24, 2022 13:36

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-24 15:44 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: January 24, 2022 13:42

Big Al
TheflyingDutchman

Considering he's a serious jazz guitarist, that isn't surprising, really. He wouldn't have enjoyed performing on Herman's Hermits latest, I suppose.

Likely not indeed. The acoustic on Herman's Hermits famous hit "No Milk Today" [yamm.finance] is probably the most heard guitar playing John McLaughlin is credited for, as confirmed by their lead singer Peter Noone, despite the fact that McLaughlin is a big name and innovator in Jazz and Jazz-Rock. According to Colin Harper (Bathed in Lightning) McLaughlin got payed some £60 for a session. It's a mad world sometimes. smiling smiley

No Milk Today: [www.youtube.com]

"If you don't c sharp you'll b flat". - Muhammad Ali.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-24 14:35 by TheflyingDutchman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home