Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lucas Jagger, fashion model
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 21, 2022 20:51

Lucas

More Lucas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-21 21:24 by Bliss.

Re: Lucas Jagger, fashion model
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 21, 2022 21:11

Good for him, but would he be a model aside from his dad being Mick Jagger? Not the only one who used parental connections and nepotism to get ahead.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 21, 2022 21:56

daspyknows
Good for him, but would he be a model aside from his dad being Mick Jagger? Not the only one who used parental connections and nepotism to get ahead.
Can't blame him though, I guess most people would do it if they were in that position.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 21, 2022 22:57

what else is he gonna do, starbucks barista?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 21, 2022 22:58

I think Bruce's son made an exception from the celebrity kids rule. He actually went through education and training and became a fire fighter. On his own. Admirable.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:03

Thought he was working in film
Lucas looks like a fun guy .... Good Luck to him

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:11

Marlon Richards seems decidedly low-profile. I think celebrity offspring face a harsher outlook than many would believe. Sure, probably never any trouble of a material nature, all the doors just opening themselves for you could also feel like you'll never be able to "make it" because it was always dad who made it on your behalf. Micks other son had a leading role in that 70s show that flopped. Did he do well? Did he exceed expectations? Are there any realistic expectations for him?

Date: January 21, 2022 23:15

celebrity offspring face a harsher outlook than many would believe.

Exactly ... more than most realize

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:20

treaclefingers
what else is he gonna do, starbucks barista?
If he was a poor boy, maybe he would sing for some rock n roll band

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:22

Stoneage
I think Bruce's son made an exception from the celebrity kids rule. He actually went through education and training and became a fire fighter. On his own. Admirable.

Didn't Keith's two first childs Marlon and Dandelion (or what she was later called) like Karen, Mick's first, had a training of their own and a career independent of their famour dads? The rest seem to life off more out of 'charmed life of celebreties'. That so many of them being models, might not just deriving from using the opportunities made by their famous surname, but also from the fact that their mothers were models - showing careerwise an example, good geens, know-how, connections, etc.

But jeez - this goes totally out of my scope and interests related to The Rolling Stones...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:43

Rockman
celebrity offspring face a harsher outlook than many would believe.

Exactly ... more than most realize

I think that's right. Most stars worked their way up and understand poverty or at least middle class, not so the offspring.

If you start off in life with everything you could possibly want, where does the drive come from? And, always being compared to the successful parent, and not knowing whether people want you for 'you', or for the name.

Can't be an easy life in some respects.

Date: January 22, 2022 00:58

What they can do is to form their own lives outside the celebrity limelight. Become a doctor, nurse or a firefighter. Get a job. But that takes courage and determination.
Then they will become more independent towards their parents also. Like Sam Springsteen, firefighter. At least it's an option among all the other alternatives.

Date: January 22, 2022 02:39

I look at Stella McCartney as doing it right. She has her dad's name but became a success in fashion design on her own account.

Date: January 22, 2022 03:20

Hardly so, daspyknows. Fashion is perhaps the most shallow of all trades. Her name is a selling point in itself. If she had become a nurse or doctor, or most other occupations, I would agree with you.
But not that. That doesn't preclude that she is good at what she does. She probably is since she has survived so long in that business.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 22, 2022 04:20

Lucas' mother is a model...

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 22, 2022 04:55

Stoneage
Hardly so, daspyknows. Fashion is perhaps the most shallow of all trades. Her name is a selling point in itself. If she had become a nurse or doctor, or most other occupations, I would agree with you.
But not that. That doesn't preclude that she is good at what she does. She probably is since she has survived so long in that business.

Stella had to attend a proper College of Fashion, and no amount of Nepotism can get you to pass a three year course if you're no good at the subject. So she absolutely has the skills and aptitude for Fashion design.

Did she get her first real job because of her famous father - who knows, but most likely. But did she then make a huge success for her employer (profits showing on the accountants' bottom lines)? Absolutely.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: January 22, 2022 05:24

He can't be serious thinking he has what it takes to be a male model. He looks like a Bozo that forgot to get on the short bus and go to summer camp. I couldn't stop laughing...

Date: January 22, 2022 05:53

Stoneage

Maybe but she is making a lot of money on her own. She is running a $250 million a year company. You don't start a business that grows to a quarter billion dollars a year company without doing the work. Her father's name opened doors but she ran with it.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 22, 2022 15:34

daspyknows
Stoneage

Maybe but she is making a lot of money on her own. She is running a $250 million a year company. You don't start a business that grows to a quarter billion dollars a year company without doing the work. Her father's name opened doors but she ran with it.

right on...she's in it 30 years on so there's talent and hard work and dedication...and as far as the fashion is shallow comment...everything you buy...from a toilet seat to a toothbrush is based on fashion and fashion design so the shallow comment is pure ignorance...the industry plays a major role in your daily life beyond what you suspect...not just how expensive a pair of shoes or shirt is....that's the myopic point of view that grabs the shallow headlines....look deeper.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 22, 2022 16:04

I'm no Matthew McConaughey, but damn Lucas isn't very handsome!

Didn't Marlon do some modeling at one time? Maybe Calvin Klein?

Date: January 22, 2022 17:43

Rip This
and as far as the fashion is shallow comment...everything you buy...from a toilet seat to a toothbrush is based on fashion and fashion design so the shallow comment is pure ignorance

I'm talking about the fashion industry, clothing mainly, not industrial design. There is a difference you know. I'm sure there are hard working people there too.
But fashion is mostly based on vanity. It is not a "deep" industry. Ask any model...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 22, 2022 18:07

daspyknows
Being the son of Mick Jagger certainly helps, but it often represents a problem, especially if you are good at what you do and want to be appreciated for your work and not because the son of ...
After all, especially in certain circles, being the son of ... can help you at first, but if you're not good at what you do, you're not going anywhere.

Date: January 22, 2022 18:21

Being a model is like being a coat hanger. It is about looks, nothing else. You can't be good or bad at it. Except from showing up in time and do what you are told to. A name sells too, if it is the right one.
That what it comes down to in the end. And being a model is usually a short career, in a year or two someone else will take your place. Unless you are a super model...

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: January 22, 2022 21:15

Lucas has a great sense of humor, a very large and diverse friend group, and is close with his other siblings. He’s living a life most of us could only dream of. I’m sure he couldn’t care less what anyone on this message board thinks of him.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 22, 2022 21:36

I like Georgia May better!

[www.instagram.com]

Sons & daughters of rockstars, we should all be so lucky.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 22, 2022 21:56

BFR
Lucas has a great sense of humor, a very large and diverse friend group, and is close with his other siblings. He’s living a life most of us could only dream of. I’m sure he couldn’t care less what anyone on this message board thinks of him.

Haha. Daddy's son. Just think of what some people here think about his father (and they supposed to be his fans)...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-22 21:56 by Doxa.

Date: January 22, 2022 22:17

BFR

Sure, he is born with a silver spoon in his mouth destined to a charmed upper class life. No one can argue with that.

Date: January 22, 2022 22:31

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 23, 2022 16:59

Stoneage
Rip This
and as far as the fashion is shallow comment...everything you buy...from a toilet seat to a toothbrush is based on fashion and fashion design so the shallow comment is pure ignorance

I'm talking about the fashion industry, clothing mainly, not industrial design. There is a difference you know. I'm sure there are hard working people there too.
But fashion is mostly based on vanity. It is not a "deep" industry. Ask any model...

again dig deeper...fashion design DOES affect industrial design...they set the color trends....they choose first they set the industry standard...the color of your sweater/jumper in 2022 is likely the big color on the next wave of cross over SUV's in 2024......and the remark on the models and coathangers is pure ignorance..some of those girls and guys work to death...not everyone is lucky to be Cindy Crawford or Linda Evangelista....sorry but the posts are lame.....not cool to generalize like that.

Date: January 23, 2022 17:41

Firstly, I think it's pure arrogance to use words like pure ignorance. Secondly, of course one thing depends on the other. Like the butterfly effect - we do not live in a vacuum. Doesn't prove much.
Thirdly, models are coat hangers by definition. Hard work has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is about looks. If you do not have the right look (or name) you won't get the job however hardworking you are.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home