Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ozark Season 4 opens with Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 24, 2022 05:21

StonedRambler
GasLightStreet
There are two bands that have the name Rolling Stones in their name: The Rolling Stones and then just Rolling Stones. Bizarrely, they have the same musicians. Their discography's are a bit jumpy, as well - there's no real consistency.

It's quite weird. Similar to some of their song titles, of which they've had similarly named songs on various releases.

You wont believe it but in recent years I have been to a few concerts of a band named "Stones" (at least that's what was written on the posters) and they have been playing the same songs ad well, also same musicians hot smiley

Holy crap!

What the hell is going ON!!!???

Re: Ozark opens with Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
Date: January 24, 2022 05:26

treaclefingers
In a related topic, we started a series on Netflix called, "Undercover", I think a Belgian series, that is quite entertaining and has some parallels to Ozark. 3 seasons in total.

We started it the day before Ozark premiered so are watching both. It's actually pretty damned good.

Keep an eye and ear out for anything do with a Rolling Stones album named UNDERCOVER that has a song called either Undercover Of The Night, Under Cover Of The Night or Undercover (Of The Night) by a band simply known as Rolling Stones.

Supposedly they're all the same song by the same band.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 24, 2022 05:54

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
In a related topic, we started a series on Netflix called, "Undercover", I think a Belgian series, that is quite entertaining and has some parallels to Ozark. 3 seasons in total.

We started it the day before Ozark premiered so are watching both. It's actually pretty damned good.

Keep an eye and ear out for anything do with a Rolling Stones album named UNDERCOVER that has a song called either Undercover Of The Night, Under Cover Of The Night or Undercover (Of The Night) by a band simply known as Rolling Stones.

Supposedly they're all the same song by the same band.

Yes, I've heard of her. Man, she was hot!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2022 06:19

Under Cover Of The Night
We stand alone on a quiet empty street
Just you and I and a love that's bitter sweet
On a corner where the streetlamp's not so bright
That's where we meet under cover of the night

You belong to someone else the same for me
but we try to forget that we're not free
So time is ours from dark till dawning light
That's when we meet under cover of the night

There is no chance to change what should have been
So until the darkness brings you back again
I'll be waiting on a corner out of sight

ROCKMAN

Date: January 24, 2022 17:21

Rockman

Under Cover Of The Night
We stand alone on a quiet empty street
Just you and I and a love that's bitter sweet
On a corner where the streetlamp's not so bright

You belong to someone else the same for me
but we try to forget that we're not free
So time is ours from dark till dawning light
That's when we meet under cover of the night

So until the darkness brings you back again
I'll be waiting on a corner out of sight

Thanks for that Rock.

The live version of their performance is unreal....here are the lyrics:

Under Cover Of The Night
We stand alone on a quiet empty street in South America.
Just you and I, painted blue and a love that's enough to blow your brains out
The sex police are out where the streetlamp's not so bright & the oppositions tongue is cut in two.
That's where we meet under cover, under cover, undercover of the niiiight!

You belong to someone else and all the young men they've been rounded up
but we try to forget that we're not free, done up in lace done up in rubber
The race militia's got itchy fingers from dark till dawning light

Loud enough to bust your brains out
I'll be waiting on a corner out of all these things I can't keep inside

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 25, 2022 04:59

Just saw a trailer for a new show called 'Reacher'. And guess what the song was it opened with?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 25, 2022 19:02

I was really into this show, Not so sure any more after coming back to it for the first episode of Season 4. Too dark. May give it another try at some point.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 27, 2022 02:32

I'm watching Episode 1, Season 4. Where is Can't you hear me knocking? I thought it opened with the song.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 27, 2022 09:45

I watched the whole first episode of Season 4. Not only did it not open the episode, it was never played.

Date: January 28, 2022 00:04

It's in one of them, I remember. It's during a sequence where Marty is explaining how money laundering works.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: January 28, 2022 01:31

ryanpow
It's in one of them, I remember. It's during a sequence where Marty is explaining how money laundering works.

Season 1, Episode 4 is the one you're thinking of.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 15, 2022 00:47

Also: "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" plays on "The Woman In The House.." on Netflix, Minute 10... This time no drugs but a male stripper.

Re: Ozark plays Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 15, 2022 16:02

Money laundering ( CYHMK)

[youtu.be]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 15, 2022 16:20

schwonek
Also: "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" plays on "The Woman In The House.." on Netflix, Minute 10... This time no drugs but a male stripper.

I Was just gonna write about that. Yeah - we just finished that series w. Kristin Bell. Worth a watch (only eight 30 minute episodes). Ending was a bit strange though, IMO.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 16, 2022 08:53

treaclefingers

Thanks for the Undercover tip. I'm bingeing on it now.

Date: March 3, 2022 22:03

DEmerson
schwonek

I Was just gonna write about that. Yeah - we just finished that series w. Kristin Bell. Worth a watch (only eight 30 minute episodes). Ending was a bit strange though, IMO.

To get to the bottom of something, sometimes you have to remind yourself that if you don’t risk anything, you risk everything. And the biggest risk you can take is to risk nothing. And if you risk nothing, what you’re really doing is risking not getting to the bottom of something. And if you don’t get to the bottom of something, you risk everything.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 4, 2022 05:50

schwonek

Another "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" sighting, playing at a party in Endeavour - the Inspector Morse prequel - season 5, episode 3. The only glitch is that it's set in 1968. Earlier episodes have featured "Paint It, Black" and "Let's Spend the Night Together," IIRC.

Date: May 4, 2022 06:34

ryanpow
DEmerson
schwonek

To get to the bottom of something, sometimes you have to remind yourself that if you don’t risk anything, you risk everything. And the biggest risk you can take is to risk nothing. And if you risk nothing, what you’re really doing is risking not getting to the bottom of something. And if you don’t get to the bottom of something, you risk everything.

...and that sounds pretty risky. Or something.

Date: May 4, 2022 07:19

ryanpow
DEmerson
schwonek

The good thing about getting to the bottom of something is that everything is up from there. Even the something.

Date: May 4, 2022 07:48

GasLightStreet
ryanpow
DEmerson
schwonek

The good thing about getting to the bottom of something is that everything is up from there. Even the something.

In this case, something could be everything. Or something.

Date: May 4, 2022 22:02

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
ryanpow
DEmerson
schwonek

In this case, something could be everything. Or something.

Or nothing at all...

Ozark S4 E8 - charades about Sticky Fingers
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 15, 2022 19:14

Ruth and Wyatt Langmore sit on the roof of the trailer. They exchanges charades.

Wyatt
All right, here’s an easy one
The Chronic

Ruth
« Intro », then « Fuc.k Wit Dre Day »
Sticky Fingers

Wyatt
Uh, « Brown Sugar. » Illmatic

Then other charades follow White Album/ Black Album, etc.

Can someone explain the rules

Here is the link on Netflix

[www.netflix.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home