Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Rest in peace, Meat Loaf
Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: January 21, 2022 17:52

Bat Out Of Hell, great album.
Listening to that today made me start listening to Ellen Foley's first album. What a voice! I could see her singing Gimme Shelter live with Mick. (she even covers Stupid Girl on this album). But I digress.

RIP Meat Loaf

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 21, 2022 18:26

Bat out of hell, Dead Ringer - part of my youth. Thank you for the music.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2022 19:34

Meat Loaf's CRAZY Encounter after the JFK Assassination

RIP Meatloaf --- Angels with you

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 21, 2022 19:59

Sad news...

Wasn't a fan of Meatloaf's bombastic solo material, but I recall some of the Ted Nugent tunes he sang lead on for the Free For All album before he made it big on his own.

RIP Meatloaf.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: January 21, 2022 21:04

MisterDDDD
Parted ways musically and politically with him decades ago, but never diminished his talent or his contribution(s) from back in the day...

Shame to find out (reportedly) that he died from covid after being anti-vaccine.
[www.tmz.com]

What a shame.

I remember when the “I’d Do Anything For Love” video came out. It was maybe a little too mature for me to be watching at the time, but I adored the song and loved the Beauty and The Beast like theme of the video. RIP to a great talent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-21 21:20 by BFR.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:52

Not that many music artists get a programme the same day as announcement of their passing, but BBC TV have tonight had one hour tribute programme.

Last time it happened was on the passing of our own Charlie Watts.

Date: January 22, 2022 00:06

THE AGE --- 22 January 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 22, 2022 00:27

RIP, he had a great voice back in the day. Upsetting to hear the story of how he died.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 22, 2022 01:10

What high school parking lot in the late 70's did NOT have Bat Out Of Hell blastin out of at least one dude's stereo 8-track?

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 22, 2022 03:44

MisterDDDD
Parted ways musically and politically with him decades ago, but never diminished his talent or his contribution(s) from back in the day...

Shame to find out (reportedly) that he died from covid after being anti-vaccine.
[www.tmz.com]

The article says he was anti-mandate. It doesn't say anti-vaccine. There is a difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-22 03:45 by terraplane.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 22, 2022 05:04

terraplane
MisterDDDD

[www.tmz.com]

The article says he was anti-mandate. It doesn't say anti-vaccine. There is a difference.

Fair point, and I stand corrected.
He was publicly anti-mandate as you say.

Not interested in dragging him- at all- but his actions whether he was personally anti-vaccine, anti-mandate, or both, ended up killing him it appears.
Damn shame.

‘If I Die, I Die’: Meat Loaf Spurned COVID Rules Before Death
The singer said in a recent interview that he was getting tired of pandemic restrictions, complaining about “power-mad” flight attendants who make people wear masks.

“I hug people in the middle of COVID,” and said: “I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics.”
[www.thedailybeast.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 22, 2022 06:16

He died of Covid, anti-mask, anti-vax (Clapton is anti-vax but vaxxed) anti-mandate/shutdown, supported Clapton and Van. I just can't call him a victim.

I know its bad taste .....
Weber Grills apologizes for ill-timed meatloaf recipe email

[www.sfgate.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 22, 2022 06:31

daspyknows
He died of Covid, anti-mask, anti-vax (Clapton is anti-vax but vaxxed) anti-mandate/shutdown, supported Clapton and Van. I just can't call him a victim.

[www.sfgate.com]

A victim of his own ignorance on the subject. And I disagree, these people that die of COVID that are unmasked/vaxxed are ignorant and are victims. I think the problem I have is that rather than just disagree, they tend to shout from rooftops and act all pissy and victimized.

I disagree with the behaviour and that makes me not like them. But they are victims, as if they weren't ignorant, they would behave differently.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 22, 2022 12:28

daspyknows

[www.sfgate.com]

A JeCovid Witness comes to dance on the grave of the dead. Bad karma

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 22, 2022 14:56

treaclefingers
daspyknows

[www.sfgate.com]

A victim of his own ignorance on the subject. And I disagree, these people that die of COVID that are unmasked/vaxxed are ignorant and are victims. I think the problem I have is that rather than just disagree, they tend to shout from rooftops and act all pissy and victimized.

I disagree with the behaviour and that makes me not like them. But they are victims, as if they weren't ignorant, they would behave differently.

I truly am sorry he is dead before his time. 74 is not very old and he was super talented. That being said, I believe in essence, you are calling him stupid and unfortunately. I have to agree. Actually, I'd call it more indoctrinated than stupid. Last night on the news, I saw a very disturbing piece about the young mother of a 4 and 6 year old who had her cancer surgery put off because there wasn't an available bed for her due to the mostly unvaccinated covid patients taking up those beds. If it was up to me, and a person was unvaccinated and taking up a hospital bed that was needed for one who is ill due to no fault of their own, I would send that covid patient home with his family and make that hospital bed available for someone who had no choice in their plight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-22 14:59 by steffialicia.

Date: January 22, 2022 22:14

THE AGE --- 23 January 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 22, 2022 22:21

Rockman

THE AGE --- 23 January 2022

Have to admit I wasn't following his career too closely and when he came to town a few years ago, (2018 maybe?) I went to see him. A great spectacle, cracker band and backup vocalist but Meat and especially the voice was a shadow of itself.

You go to hear the voice, so from that perspective it was a bad show. Still, can't diminish his accomplishment in the industry and in that subgenre of pop.

Date: January 23, 2022 00:17

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 23, 2022 11:18

My good friend was able to reroute Meat Loaf's Bat 2 World Tour into New Zealand as they had missed a shipping window, she was rewarded with 4 Tickets to the show... Needless to say the group that went had a ball

Date: January 23, 2022 23:35

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 24 January 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 24, 2022 04:08

“Stoney” AKA Shaun Murphy later became a recording member of Eric Clapton’s 1985 album, Behind The Sun. She joined his subsequent world tour as a backing singer, including the appearance for Live Aid.

Murphy also became a full-time member of Little Feet (1993-2009).

[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 24, 2022 10:35

I had no idea he died, let alone three days ago. Wasn't even on YouTube, and there
are still posts about Ronnie Spector dying there. I would think Meatloaf was just as famous as Ronnie.

Sad if he let himself of Covid. Will never understand the unvaccinated. I guess they have a death wish.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: January 25, 2022 14:17

Nice tribute to Meat Loaf -

[www.theatlantic.com]

Drew

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 26, 2022 05:26

RisingStone
“Stoney” AKA Shaun Murphy later became a recording member of Eric Clapton’s 1985 album, Behind The Sun. She joined his subsequent world tour as a backing singer, including the appearance for Live Aid.

Murphy also became a full-time member of Little Feet (1993-2009).

[en.wikipedia.org])

She was a backup singer in The Moody Blues for a short time also

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 26, 2022 06:49

There were only two ways out of my town become a Rugby Player or a Rock n' Roller, if you chose the latter then you had to Love Meat Loaf.

Bat out of Hell is one of the few perfect albums, and it's one i'd take to the desert island

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 26, 2022 12:45

Meat Loaf was on 27-Jan-2022 in the Sales-Charts #1 with 'Bat Out Of Hell', #2 with 'Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell' and #7 with 'The Very Best Of Meat Loaf' on [www.jpc.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-27 11:30 by Irix.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 26, 2022 15:17

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 26, 2022 23:20

Irix
Meat Loaf was on 26-Jan-2022 in the Sales-Charts #1 with 'Bat Out Of Hell', #3 with 'Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell' and #7 with 'The Very Best Of Meat Loaf' on [www.jpc.de] .

I’m surprised that no one had talked about Jim Steinman who wrote the Bat Out Of Hell trilogy. He also passed away last year.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 27, 2022 01:11

crawdaddy

I saw that yesterday Tony. A fabulous tribute and a real touch of class by the Queen’s Guards.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 27, 2022 04:12

Amazing numbers.. good for him.

Meat Loaf’s Streams Jump by 4,650% Following Death; Sales See an Even Bigger Bump

According to MRC Data, on Jan. 21, the day most of the public learned of Meat Loaf’s death the day before, his on-demand streaming rose 4,650% from the baseline established since the beginning of the year. But many fans really, really wanted to own a piece of Meat Loaf, as the jumps in sales were particularly impressive. Album sales went up 18,684%, and individual digital track sales rose a whopping 33,793%
[variety.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home