Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Keith Richards Main Offender DeLuxe Edition.
Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: March 20, 2022 20:30

It has been a busy few weeks for Keith with him speaking to media in all of key markets including Argentina, Australia, Benelux, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Poland, Spain, Sweden, UK and of the US.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 20, 2022 21:48

Thank you for all your efforts, Yazid. Like Lawrence Peyser, you're in a unique place in time to work with Keith. We all reap the benefits.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 21, 2022 16:16

Keith Richards: “I’ll take anybody’s idea. Writing is a cut-throat business…”

As 1992’s Main Offender gets reissued, Keith Richards looks back on his solo adventures – and forward to a Stones without Charlie

Michael Bonner
21st March 2022

Hi Keith!

Hello darling!

Main Offender is a terrific album. You must be very proud of it.

I am, actually. The first one [Talk Is Cheap] was such a blast, I really enjoyed myself and I wanted to give it a second go. We were more familiar with each other, knew how to play with each other. It was probably more fun, I guess.

And collaborative, too?

A lot of it comes from freewheeling in front of a microphone with a riff. But, yeah, it’s the way I’m used to working. I’ll take anybody’s idea. You can call that collaboration, I call it thieving! Writing is a cut-throat business…

Steve Jordan was your main foil in the Winos. What does he bring to the table?

Steve’s been a friend of the Stones for a very long time. When we came to that hiatus in the ’80s, Charlie said to me, “Listen, Keith. If you’re gonna do anything with anybody else, Steve Jordan’s your man.” I took Charlie at his word, and he was right. Steve and I got together and did Chuck Berry’s Hail,
Hail, Rock’n’Roll [concerts and film], Aretha Franklin’s “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”.

What was Chuck like?

Depended on which time of day you caught him. Aretha was a sweetheart though. She said, “I haven’t played the piano in years.” I said, “Does that matter? Let’s try it.” Straight away, she jumped on the piano: “Let’s do it!” That was in Detroit, at Motown. Otherwise, I’d only really worked with the Stones for, at that point, a mere 20 years! So it was great to get out of the Stones bubble for a while. I learned a lot about Mick’s job, being a frontman.

Such as?

There’s different pressures. When you’re the frontman, you’re in the spotlight all the time. Being the Numero Uno requires a lot of stamina and discipline. You’ve got to talk to
the audience and everything. So I appreciated how much Mick actually works.

Steve, of course, has been with you on tour recently. What does he bring to the Stones?

He brings a knowledge of what Charlie does without… well, no-one can copy Charlie because he was unique. But Steve brings more energy, because he’s younger. He’ll play more to Mick’s dancing than maybe Charlie would. My job depends upon those drums behind me. I’ve been blessed, goddamn, with Charlie Watts for all those years and to find another as reliable as that is fantastic.

What accounts for the Stones’ resilience?

The songs. They can evolve, or different people can step up. It’s a great thing, a very surprising thing to me, but at the same time there it is. I love it. I’m really looking forward to doing something this year for the 60th anniversary. Though I don’t know what yet…

[www.uncut.co.uk]

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 22, 2022 23:17

This is the print signed Keith sold at official store for 150usd, ebay sellers will earn at least the x5 price.

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: StonedALIVE ()
Date: March 23, 2022 00:26

For this Keith Signed Main Offender print. Did anybody other than rogerriffin see it available on keithrichards.com? Must have been for a split second and taken off.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 23, 2022 06:52

Yes, in fact was sold out so fast...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 23, 2022 11:07

So let me get this straight, you had to buy the signed super deluxe box for $395 to even have a chance to buy the Keith ink for $150?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 23, 2022 18:20

Date: March 26, 2022 20:27

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: March 27, 2022 11:51

Main Offender deluxe vinyl sounds terrific! Its a beautiful pressing & mastring …rare these days. This lp edition sounds even better than limited 1st edition 1992 lp.
Winos live in London 2lp is also a great pressing & great gig.
Thanks for releasing this beautiful deluxe !

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 27, 2022 22:30

andreas
Main Offender deluxe vinyl sounds terrific! Its a beautiful pressing & mastring …rare these days. This lp edition sounds even better than limited 1st edition 1992 lp.
Winos live in London 2lp is also a great pressing & great gig.
Thanks for releasing this beautiful deluxe !

It's excellent. thumbs up

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: March 30, 2022 01:53

Two weeks ago, Keith Richards gave a 22 minute interview to rock-critic David Fricke. The all audio set will be broadcast on March 31st on french national radio RFM from 9.30 pm to 10 pm in "Radio Manœuvre".

2 Boxsets to win during the show.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 30, 2022 03:15

Some charts debuts this week:

UK Albums Chart: #139 (900 copies sold)

More:
#4 Germany
#13 Swiss
#15 Scotland
#17 Wales
#22 Austria
#55 Netherlands
#58 Belgium

It did not chart in the US Billboard 200, it ranks at #18 on the sales only chart selling close to 3,000 copies.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2022 04:11

georgelicks

More:
#4 Germany
#13 Swiss
#15 Scotland
#17 Wales
#22 Austria
#55 Netherlands
#58 Belgium

It did not chart in the US Billboard 200, it ranks at #18 on the sales only chart selling close to 3,000 copies.

I think I openly opined about this a few pages ago. What is the motivation for reissuing a title that didn't sell well in the first place. It can't be the money. What did it sell world wide in the opening week, 5-6000 copies? And it'll dive in sales the following week.

Keith probably spent more on the promo tour advertising the album. I am interested in who makes the business decision on it, and what they look at as a breakeven. Can it just be a vanity project?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 30, 2022 04:48

treaclefingers
georgelicks

More:
#4 Germany
#13 Swiss
#15 Scotland
#17 Wales
#22 Austria
#55 Netherlands
#58 Belgium

I think I openly opined about this a few pages ago. What is the motivation for reissuing a title that didn't sell well in the first place. It can't be the money. What did it sell world wide in the opening week, 5-6000 copies? And it'll dive in sales the following week.

Keith probably spent more on the promo tour advertising the album. I am interested in who makes the business decision on it, and what they look at as a breakeven. Can it just be a vanity project?

maybe he liked the album a lot and has good memories of the tour

or he wants to reward winos fans for sticking with him for so long

either way he has singlehandedly done more to promote this re-release then the entire stones orginaziotion did for the deluxe tattoo you

now what that reveals i'm not smart enough to figure out

but i look forward to the deluxe crosseyed heart next year

which if he does won't sell much either but will please lots of us nonetheless

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 30, 2022 05:41

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
georgelicks

More:
#4 Germany
#13 Swiss
#15 Scotland
#17 Wales
#22 Austria
#55 Netherlands
#58 Belgium

either way he has singlehandedly done more to promote this re-release then the entire stones orginaziotion did for the deluxe tattoo you

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 30, 2022 09:55

[youtu.be]

0:51 "YEAH BABY"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-30 09:57 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 30, 2022 17:41

georgelicks

More:
#4 Germany
#13 Swiss
#15 Scotland
#17 Wales
#22 Austria
#55 Netherlands
#58 Belgium

Don't know if these figures are referred only to the remastered single cd/lp version, or include all the deluxe editions.

What I know is that if there are difficulties in selling a fantastic Keith Richards 92 live show at the cost of a bottle of wine, well that means that the market for Stones related releases is truly dead and gone!

C

Date: March 30, 2022 17:48

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2022 18:15

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
georgelicks

More:
#4 Germany
#13 Swiss
#15 Scotland
#17 Wales
#22 Austria
#55 Netherlands
#58 Belgium

Well yeah...there's something else at hand for sure...they wouldn't have expected to sell much, so I think you're right, probably more of a straight up give back to the hard core fans.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 30, 2022 20:58

Cristiano Radtke

Thanks Cristiano. thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2022 22:12

HEY YEAH Fanks Cristiano.....

Wish it went on for a coupla more hours .....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 30, 2022 23:09

My pleasure, guys! smileys with beer

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 31, 2022 00:54

That was a great interview indeed! Cheers, Christiano!

"Solos come and go, but the riffs stay for ever". A great motto, Keith!smiling smiley

Personally I have never been a big fan of MAIN OFFENDER, but Keith is promoting it so well that I need to give it a serious second listening...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-31 00:57 by Doxa.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 31, 2022 03:44

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
georgelicks

More:
#4 Germany
#13 Swiss
#15 Scotland
#17 Wales
#22 Austria
#55 Netherlands
#58 Belgium

Well yeah...there's something else at hand for sure...they wouldn't have expected to sell much, so I think you're right, probably more of a straight up give back to the hard core fans.

good old keith

he actually seems to give a sh-t about us fans

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: March 31, 2022 05:21

DandelionPowderman
Keith's in the left channel indeed. I hate it when that happens. Makes me dizzy smiling smiley

Just checked the tracks from the same gig on the "Eileen" CD/EP and they have him in the right channel!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-31 05:24 by bonddm.

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: March 31, 2022 07:48

bonddm
DandelionPowderman
Keith's in the left channel indeed. I hate it when that happens. Makes me dizzy smiling smiley

Just checked the tracks from the same gig on the "Eileen" CD/EP and they have him in the right channel!

Don Smith mixed those tracks;-) sounds great too

Date: March 31, 2022 08:15

bonddm
DandelionPowderman

Indeed.

Posted by: caoutchouc ()
Date: March 31, 2022 10:49

Yes I agree. In fact it's not the same master than 2019. The 2022 is more loud and powerful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-31 10:53 by caoutchouc.

Posted by: caoutchouc ()
Date: March 31, 2022 10:51

Cristiano Radtke

Yes I agree. In fact it's not the same master than 2019. The 2022 is more loud and powerful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-31 10:52 by caoutchouc.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home