Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Keith Richards Main Offender DeLuxe Edition.
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 24, 2022 23:36

Assuming the gatefold on page 1 of this thread shows first 10 songs from the live album. Hoping for Words of Wonder and less TIC cuts

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 25, 2022 00:07

Doxa
treaclefingers

The way this is framed it almost feels like a dam is about to burst and we're going to get a plethora of new releases of new material in a new 'golden age' of the stones in their 'golden years'.

I'm not sure it'll go quite that smoothly, but 'in for a penny, in for a pound' if they're planning on touring without Charlie now, which it seems like they are then I think anything can happen in the next few years.

Barring more near term health issues the stones will keep-a-rolling for some time to come.

Yeah, but as Rocky put it, it is mostly in terms of plans and intents. Another issue is what will ever come true.

But at the same time, I think it is pretty natural and logical that they and their record companies had a sort of idea what will happen in following years. That of 'if health allows' doesn't really matter for that.

Their contract with UMG will aspire in 2028. If, as it looks like, the Stones reissue project is finito (that I guess had a big role in original 2008 deal that was redone in 2018), so most likely there are some other high profile products in plan to cover the years left.

One might imagine that any Stones album is more significiant and commercially more potential to reissue than any solo album by Mick or Keith (think of VOODOO LOUNGE selling over ten times more than badly flopped MAIN OFFENDER that barely made TOP 100 in Billboard, peaking #99), but I guess they are just tired of the concept after the biggest fishes are done. Probably reissuing solo material is something different for a change and nicely fondling their ego - like reminding and pointing out that they actually have done something else than just being Rolling Stones leaders.

But hey treacle, you will get your PRIMITIVE COOL reissue!

- Doxa

Funny you should ask Doxa, I actually DID buy the Primitive Cool reissue. In fact I bought 2 copies of each of the reissues. BUT, I'm not the kind that needs to buy them 'day of release'. I've seen these things fall below 'half' of retail value so I only buy if they're a deal. All of this stuff is discretionary spending, I don't 'need' anything so never feel pressure to buy anything anymore.

Case in point, while I have all the previous superdeluxe packages the Tattoo You super deluxe seems vastly overpriced to me so I haven't gotten it, and may never...though if it drops to $100 maybe I'll change my mind.

Having said all of that, my preference for the older material, moving forward is to do a total vault clearout. So like the Beatles did in the 90s, put out entire albums worth of all new material and not tie them to the old existing albums.

Based on the sales of the latest release I cannot imagine they are making much money with the fancy package releases any more. Time to put out the unreleased material in bulk...anything interesting and worthy to see the light of day.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 25, 2022 02:53

Mick's eventual solo album sometime this decade after the Stones album will likely be a mix of tracks done with Dave Stewart and tracks done with Matt Clifford. In all likelihood, some of the Dave Stewart tracks were likely reworked with Matt Clifford. Talk of Mick solo usually brings caustic remarks. If this really happens, it will be no different than Keith and Steve Jordan reworking some of the tracks Keith had leftover from his Rob Fraboni sessions with George Receli on drums that were cut 15 years before CROSSEYED HEART. They're at an age where albums are going to feature songs they've set aside over the years as something to release.

Mick's reissues would be from BMG and not Polydor/Interscope/Mercury like Stones releases are, incidentally.

While I do believe the statement that the Stones Deluxe Editions/reissues are done, there are more archival live releases coming.

The package Don Was has championed (allegedly two CDs of studio outtakes from DIRTY WORK to more recent times) is supposedly something they could release "as is" or continue to tinker with. I can't guarantee the veracity, but allegedly they've worked on this project on and off for over 20 years. Sounds improbable, but considering they can do so without being together in a studio, it is possible. The "Scarlet" comments from Don Was in 2010 are the main reason I think it likely they've been playing with finishing up material for far longer than they claim when promoting a "new" release. If so, as Keith said..."you haven't heard the last of Charlie Watts."

If Universal is smart, they would promote the release as vintage Stones that slipped through the cracks and is worth reappraisal. The only argument against this being true that I can think of is that the lawyers appear to be leaving last year's massive dump of tracks on YouTube with no cease and desist emails going out. Any package would certainly include material like "Putty in Your Hands" and "For Your Precious Love" one would think.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 25, 2022 03:02

Ooowwww Scarlet .... play that
bolted tagether garage rocker everyday ...... what a racket

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 25, 2022 12:00

Rocky Dijon

Mick's reissues would be from BMG and not Polydor/Interscope/Mercury like Stones releases are, incidentally.

Why from BMG? Originally his Solo-Albums were on CBS/Atlantic/Virgin - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

End of 2018 until June 2019 his Solo-Albums were moved to Universal Music - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 12:10 by Irix.

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: January 25, 2022 15:19

We (BMG) had to wait January 25, 2 pm CET before talking !

"How I Wish" (from Winos Live In London '92) : [youtu.be]

Posted by: lenchik ()
Date: January 25, 2022 15:27

Looks like there is a signed edition coming, though not signed by Keith sad smiley

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: January 25, 2022 16:22

Keith's guitar sounds from middle and left side... Waddy from right side...
I think Left and right reversed.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 17:46 by atsu69.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 25, 2022 16:33

lenchik
Looks like there is a signed edition coming, though not signed by Keith sad smiley

Wow. Pass.

Date: January 25, 2022 16:35

Official: "The 30th Anniversary release of Keith’s 2nd solo album MAIN OFFENDER is out March 18 featuring the previously-unreleased Winos Live In London ’92 concert! Available digitally and on CD, limited-quantity red vinyl, & a super-deluxe 2LP boxset" - [Twitter.com] , [KeithRichardsBMG.lnk.to] , [www.KeithRichards.com] .

Date: January 25, 2022 16:36

lenchik

[www.KeithRichards.com] - Signed by Photographer Dewey Nicks – Artist Store Exclusive - € 395.00 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 16:50 by Irix.

Date: January 25, 2022 16:40

Maindefender

Assuming the gatefold on page 1 of this thread shows first 10 songs from the live album. Hoping for Words of Wonder and less TIC cuts

CD2 – Winos Live In London ‘92

1. Take It So Hard (Live)
2. 999 (Live)
3. Wicked As It Seems (Live)
4. How I Wish (Live)
5. Gimme Shelter (Live)
6. Hate It When You Leave (Live)
7. Before They Make Me Run (Live)
8. Eileen (Live)
9. Will But You Won’t (Live)
10. Bodytalks (Live)
11. Happy (Live)
12. Whip It Up (Live)

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 25, 2022 16:46

Signed by the photographer - saving you the trouble.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: January 25, 2022 17:20

Signed by the photographer! That cannot add any value, can it?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 25, 2022 17:26

Captain Teague

It does to the photographer! :-)

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 25, 2022 17:55

Irix
Maindefender

2. 999 (Live)
4. How I Wish (Live)
5. Gimme Shelter (Live)
8. Eileen (Live)
10. Bodytalks (Live)
11. Happy (Live)
12. Whip It Up (Live)

Town & Country Club? The birthday show?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2022 18:19

Gonna have to think about this one. I got TIC because of the 6 extra tracks. I suppose the live album is worth it. $19.98... not terrible.

Date: January 25, 2022 19:24

Irix
Maindefender

2. 999 (Live)
4. How I Wish (Live)
5. Gimme Shelter (Live)
8. Eileen (Live)
10. Bodytalks (Live)
11. Happy (Live)
12. Whip It Up (Live)

Oh well, thank you

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: January 25, 2022 19:27

DEmerson
Captain Teague

It does to the photographer! :-)

Good point!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 25, 2022 19:32

I got some bad news van Atsu-ya of Hot Stuff:

Hi Jos
Keith's guitar sounds from left side... Waddy from right side...
[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 25, 2022 19:33

Same mix as the 2019 BMG release??

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 25, 2022 20:01

Maindefender

In 2019 there was no live release.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: January 25, 2022 21:02

Keith Richards - How I Wish (Live) (Official Lyric Video)

Teaser for Keith Richards ‘Main Offender’ (30th Anniversary Edition) featuring the previously-unreleased Keith Richards & the X-Pensive Winos “Live In London ’92” concert - available March 18: [keithrichardsBMG.lnk.to]

[youtu.be]

Also available as a download single on qobuz : [www.qobuz.com]

This is not the known version from London, Dez. 18, 1992 (Eileen CD)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 21:37 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 25, 2022 21:26

UrbanSteel
I got some bad news van Atsu-ya of Hot Stuff:

Hi Jos
Keith's guitar sounds from left side... Waddy from right side...
[www.youtube.com]

is this the same (or a similar) mix as on the Japanese 'Eileen' maxi CD?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 25, 2022 21:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-26 05:05 by schillid.

Posted by: caoutchouc ()
Date: January 25, 2022 21:48

Fine but where are the fine outtakes and the DVD/Bluray? And all the fans have the "Steve Jordan remastered" Main Offender? Anyway I buy these stuff for the live LP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 21:49 by caoutchouc.

Date: January 25, 2022 22:09

The Eileen EP live tracks were from 12-18-1992. Supposedly this issue of How I Wish is from the same show.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: January 25, 2022 22:17

GasLightStreet
The Eileen EP live tracks were from 12-18-1992. Supposedly this issue of How I Wish is from the same show.

This version starts with different lyrics, it's not from Dez. 18.

Date: January 25, 2022 22:27

BlueTurns2Grey
GasLightStreet

This version starts with different lyrics, it's not from Dez. 18.

It didn't sound the same to me. I haven't cross referenced it yet. I've been looking for what other shows were recorded and haven't been able to figure anything out so far. They did a sound check the day before so perhaps that night's show was recorded as well, the 17th, and it's from that show.

Date: January 25, 2022 22:38

UrbanSteel
Maindefender

In 2019 there was no live release.

Correct, I was referring to the 2019 BMG studio release. I'm thinking has to be same remastering ??

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home