Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Keith Richards Main Offender DeLuxe Edition.
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 22, 2022 01:20

ProfessorWolf

who's doing the cd remaster?

Steve Jordan:

[www.Amazon.de]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2022 01:22

Want unreleased studio stuff ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: January 22, 2022 01:34

Ordering info now up at Acoustic Sounds. $200 for the deluxe box!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 22, 2022 02:20

I root for MO, but TIC is superior plus at least the deluxe has outtakes. The MO tour was great though and I hope the London show is great. It better have Something Else and Words of Wonder, my favorite

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 22, 2022 04:13

UrbanSteel
Just received a discount code of 10% from JPC.de via email, ordered the DeLuxe Edition, the red LP and the 2CD right away. Now is the price for DeLuxe Edition for me "only" 125€

Congrats!!! smileys with beer

Date: January 22, 2022 04:50

Instant buy for me. That live show from London in 1992 is what hooks me like a mackerel. I'd rather own this than be married to Pamela Anderson for fifteen minutes.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 22, 2022 05:49

charlesbaudelaire
...I'd rather own this than be married to Pamela Anderson for fifteen minutes...
Even without the herpes?

Date: January 22, 2022 11:20

Jfk19562003

Ordering info now up at Acoustic Sounds. $200 for the deluxe box!

$199.98 - [Store.AcousticSounds.com] . But it's € 179.99 at [www.Platomania.nl] as well.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 22, 2022 17:11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-22 20:15 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 22, 2022 18:04

I am really curious which of the 3 London shows will get a release. According to the site of Nico Zentgraff the show of December 17 is professionally recorded

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 22, 2022 20:09

Quique-stone
UrbanSteel
Just received a discount code of 10% from JPC.de via email, ordered the DeLuxe Edition, the red LP and the 2CD right away. Now is the price for DeLuxe Edition for me "only" 125€

Congrats!!! smileys with beer

Thanks Enrque.smiling smiley

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: January 23, 2022 12:47

Not really, it is the 18th December concert that was recorded professionally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-23 16:52 by riccardo99.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 23, 2022 15:23

Fell back in love with this album a few months back, looking forward greatly to this deluxe.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 23, 2022 15:58

If Basement News was still around, DH's comment would be "nice item, but in fact: not necessary"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-23 15:59 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 23, 2022 19:40

Irix
ProfessorWolf

Steve Jordan:

[www.Amazon.de]

Did he also do the TIC remaster?

Does it make sense the person who did the original master do the remaster? I'm just wondering what the point is, better technology today?? More time to focus on quality?

Date: January 23, 2022 20:10

kovach

Yes:

[www.jpc.de]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 23, 2022 23:18

"who's doing the cd remaster?
Steve Jordan"

I don't know if that's a good thing... The guy has a life as a professional musician plus he did two tours with Keef which equals to at least 5 years handling a jackhammer on the sidewalk. grinning smiley
I'd bet S.J's hearing is pretty beat. I really don't think he hears anything above 6K.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 23, 2022 23:53

Lawrence Peryer oversees the remastering and reissuing of Keith's back catalog and the selection of outtakes and unreleased live material. He works side by side with Steve Jordan. Keith has final approval, naturally.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 24, 2022 00:57

TIC remaster sounded great, remember?

Posted by: winos ()
Date: January 24, 2022 03:54

Yes I agree Wandering spirit is an underrated album, great songs and musicians playing on it which deserves a re-issue with some live tracks from that gig.

Mick doesn't seem to really bother with his solo albums which compared to keith's solo efforts are a bit lame.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 24, 2022 05:12

Mick's plan had been to reissue The Red Devils tracks with the whole Gary Moore gig including Ronnie and Charlie in 2008. Had his solo anthology sold better, Rhino would have released the package. Instead we eventually got BLUE AND LONESOME, an idea under discussion for five years before it came to pass for The Stones.

Mick intends to reissue his expanded solo catalog, too. He hit a bump in the road when intending to have Eagle (now Mercury) release a 1988 solo tour gig as part of the FROM THE ARCHIVES series. It ruffled feathers within the band. Now the idea is that BMG will reissue expanded versions of Mick's back catalog. Give it time. Keith does his. The Stones deluxe editions are done. There are more archival live releases from the Stones coming and some sort of Blu-Ray release of music videos along with a package of outtakes (possibly together) and then, of course, the New Stones album. After that will be a Mick solo album along with Mick's reissues. That gives us at least five years, if not longer.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2022 05:42

Five years .... that gives me time
ta run off with the tight rope walker
do some tricks and get back home just before she falls ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: winos ()
Date: January 24, 2022 05:45

haha and time is not on their side!!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 24, 2022 18:00

Rocky Dijon
Mick's plan had been to reissue The Red Devils tracks with the whole Gary Moore gig including Ronnie and Charlie in 2008. Had his solo anthology sold better, Rhino would have released the package. Instead we eventually got BLUE AND LONESOME, an idea under discussion for five years before it came to pass for The Stones.

Mick intends to reissue his expanded solo catalog, too. He hit a bump in the road when intending to have Eagle (now Mercury) release a 1988 solo tour gig as part of the FROM THE ARCHIVES series. It ruffled feathers within the band. Now the idea is that BMG will reissue expanded versions of Mick's back catalog. Give it time. Keith does his. The Stones deluxe editions are done. There are more archival live releases from the Stones coming and some sort of Blu-Ray release of music videos along with a package of outtakes (possibly together) and then, of course, the New Stones album. After that will be a Mick solo album along with Mick's reissues. That gives us at least five years, if not longer.

Now, that was an info package!

Taking this as a starting point, and adding the rumoured 2023 South American dates, we might estimate that The Stones will roll a couple of years more. A new album later this year and some more tours to go with it - in the old days we have said that promote or tour behind it - and the 60th Anniversary. Some live releases and archive stuff along the way. Then Mick will concentrate more on his solo stuff.

Mick's has been pretty firm for years that a Stones album will be the next album he is going to release. Taken how much he seem to write - being so 'profilic' - no wonder that he also might have a solo album in his mind somewhere in the future. But it is notable that there really is no hurry anywhere. One might not realize that we are talking about almost 80 years old dudes here.

But yeah, no hurry, we have all that time...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-24 18:15 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 24, 2022 18:12

Doxa
Rocky Dijon

Now, that was an info package!

Taking this as a starting point, and adding the rumoured 2023 South American dates, we might estimate that The Stones will roll a couple of years more. A new album later this year and some more tours to go with it - in the old days we have said that promote or tour it - and the 60th Anniversary. Some live releases and archive stuff along the way. Then Mick will concentrate more on his solo stuff.

Mick's has been pretty firm for years that a Stones album will be the next album he is going to release. Taken how much he seem to write - being so 'profilic' - no wonder that he also might have a solo album in his mind somewhere in the future. But it is notable that there really is no hurry anywhere. One might not realize that we are talking about almost 80 years old dudes here.

But yeah, no hurry, we have all that time...grinning smiley

- Doxa

The way this is framed it almost feels like a dam is about to burst and we're going to get a plethora of new releases of new material in a new 'golden age' of the stones in their 'golden years'.

I'm not sure it'll go quite that smoothly, but 'in for a penny, in for a pound' if they're planning on touring without Charlie now, which it seems like they are then I think anything can happen in the next few years.

Barring more near term health issues the stones will keep-a-rolling for some time to come.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 24, 2022 19:38

dcba
"who's doing the cd remaster?
Steve Jordan"

I don't know if that's a good thing... The guy has a life as a professional musician plus he did two tours with Keef which equals to at least 5 years handling a jackhammer on the sidewalk. grinning smiley
I'd bet S.J's hearing is pretty beat. I really don't think he hears anything above 6K.

A baby blue whale could do better remastering than Stephen Marcussen. Jordan's hearing is fine.

Date: January 24, 2022 19:51

kovach
Irix
ProfessorWolf

Steve Jordan

Does it make sense the person who did the original master do the remaster? I'm just wondering what the point is, better technology today?? More time to focus on quality?

It doesn't make sense or any more sense for the person that did the original master to do a remaster.

Did Bob Ludwig master the 1971-1989 Stones albums? No. But the Virgin remasters were fantastic.

Greg Kalbi mastered TALK IS CHEAP. Ted Jensen mastered MAIN OFFENDER.

Date: January 24, 2022 22:19

treaclefingers

The way this is framed it almost feels like a dam is about to burst and we're going to get a plethora of new releases of new material in a new 'golden age' of the stones in their 'golden years'.

I'm not sure it'll go quite that smoothly, but 'in for a penny, in for a pound' if they're planning on touring without Charlie now, which it seems like they are then I think anything can happen in the next few years.

Barring more near term health issues the stones will keep-a-rolling for some time to come.

Yeah, but as Rocky put it, it is mostly in terms of plans and intents. Another issue is what will ever come true.

But at the same time, I think it is pretty natural and logical that they and their record companies had a sort of idea what will happen in following years. That of 'if health allows' doesn't really matter for that.

Their contract with UMG will aspire in 2028. If, as it looks like, the Stones reissue project is finito (that I guess had a big role in original 2008 deal that was redone in 2018), so most likely there are some other high profile products in plan to cover the years left.

One might imagine that any Stones album is more significiant and commercially more potential to reissue than any solo album by Mick or Keith (think of VOODOO LOUNGE selling over ten times more than badly flopped MAIN OFFENDER that barely made TOP 100 in Billboard, peaking #99), but I guess they are just tired of the concept after the biggest fishes are done. Probably reissuing solo material is something different for a change and nicely fondling their ego - like reminding and pointing out that they actually have done something else than just being Rolling Stones leaders.

But hey treacle, you will get your PRIMITIVE COOL reissue!

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-24 22:38 by Doxa.

Date: January 24, 2022 22:35

With CD sales slowly on the rise perhaps their timing will work out to benefit actual sales. Although Keith's reissue doesn't offer much, a new Stones LP would.

It's difficult to imagine, logically, what more the Stones could reissue with bonus material that hasn't been done except for possibly their biggest miss: EMOTIONAL RESCUE, which could've gotten an anniversary reissue in 2020.

Of course, it just so happens that TATTOO YOU fell on the 40th anniversary year because nothing else did.

Date: January 24, 2022 23:12

GasLightStreet
With CD sales slowly on the rise perhaps their timing will work out to benefit actual sales. Although Keith's reissue doesn't offer much, a new Stones LP would.

Are they really? Or is the effect of the new Abba album so powerful that it alone had changed the tide? That said, I think a new Stones album of originals, if marketed well (like pointing out 'first for 17 years', etc.), might have a change to hit the jackpot as the Abba album did. That of gathering the people once used to buying physical products to do that in masses for if not anything else but out of nostalgia. Not to sell as much copies, but still massively for today's standards. BLUE & LONESOME had a bit of that effect, although it is over five years now and the business have changed a quite a lot even of its days. Seemingly the Stones reissues do not that power, and probably their greatest hits collections either (If HONK is an indicator).

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home