Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Rachel Nagy
Posted by: roryg ()
Date: January 16, 2022 14:30

Rachel was the superlative singer for The Detroit Cobras. One of the last times we saw them was just after The Stones' show at Chicago's United Center for the 50th Anniv. tour. We hopped a bus that took us to The Double Door (yeah, the club that hosted The Stones) where we caught The Cobras, who were raucous and fun - a great after show after a great Stones show.

Re: OT: RIP Rachel Nagy
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 16, 2022 15:58

RIP

Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: January 17, 2022 22:54

So sad.Seen them in Glasgow,a great night.RIP

Date: January 18, 2022 00:02

Ohhh noooo so sad. One of my favorite bands..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-18 00:04 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: django ()
Date: January 18, 2022 00:13

So sad to hear. RIP

"Mink, Rat or Rabbit" is one of my all time favourites.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 18, 2022 00:18

No way! Man this one hurts.

I loved her voice and she was a cool as hell and sexy lady up close. I spoke with her briefly after a show in Dublin, mostly about Keith Richards (the link being visa related issues due to previous events)and how musicians are minstrels and thus should not be subject to the same laws as normal folk.

I had a ticket for Seattle this may, and was thinking of going to Portland also the night before Seattle. I’m a little depressed, I was really looking forward to the show. Last time I caught them was 2018 supporting the MC5. First was 2004 and I ended up seeing them twice in 3 days then, at a festival & a club.

[m.youtube.com]

RIP Rachel, thanks for that voice, the albums the gigs, the soundtrack and memories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-18 00:19 by Paddy.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 18, 2022 09:11

Rachel was the best. And what makes this extra-tragic is it happened on her bandmate Mary's birthday--the only two founding members of the Cobras.

Mink, Rat or Rabbit, and Life, Love and Leaving are terrific albums, rereleased a few years ago, and the band was killer live.

RIP Rachel, truly one-of-a-kind.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 18, 2022 10:40

The press is listing her age as 37, but that can’t be right, 47 would be closer to the truth I’m guessing. Mink, Rat or Rabbit came out in 1998....

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: January 18, 2022 16:22

Totally gutted by this news, heard about it the other day. If you don't know who she is or are unfamiliar with the Detroit Cobras I strongly suggest you check them out.

All cover band except for 1 song but what great interpretations of great songs, not just the usual cover band schlock.

I own all their albums and have seen them at least 20 times over the years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home