Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Rerelease predictions for 2022?
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 16, 2022 22:11

Wiltern 2002 was filmed, time to release the whole thing.

And Mocambo 1977.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 16, 2022 22:13

spunky
- Four Flicks box with extra Circus Krone Munich
show.

_ 02 arena 2012 shows.

- No Filter Tour Paris 2017 and Hollywood 2021, one
show with Charlie and one with Steve.

Problem is the O2 and Paris shows have not been filmed properly. I read rumors on this forum that they were filming Paris but went to Paris 2 myself and did not saw any additional cameras.
Circus Krone would be really great though. I love the Bootleg and would love to see is professionally restored and well mixed - which requires another mixer than Sam Wheat. I won't buy anything anymore that Sam Wheat has mixed.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: January 16, 2022 22:50

StonedRambler
spunky
show.

_ 02 arena 2012 shows.

Problem is the O2 and Paris shows have not been filmed properly. I read rumors on this forum that they were filming Paris but went to Paris 2 myself and did not saw any additional cameras.
Circus Krone would be really great though. I love the Bootleg and would love to see is professionally restored and well mixed - which requires another mixer than Sam Wheat. I won't buy anything anymore that Sam Wheat has mixed.

The Ole Ole bonus songs were not filmed properly right? The songs from Mexico and Argentina etc. They look ok I think but not as good as Sweet summer Sun and Havanna Moon. So a release of O2 and Paris could be possible?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 16, 2022 23:20

IsakSun
StonedRambler
spunky
show.

_ 02 arena 2012 shows.

The Ole Ole bonus songs were not filmed properly right? The songs from Mexico and Argentina etc. They look ok I think but not as good as Sweet summer Sun and Havanna Moon. So a release of O2 and Paris could be possible?

Ole was filmed by Paul Dugdale and his crew who also filmed Havanna, Hyde Park and Fonda.

At Hollywood they didn't have any additional camera. No shots of the crowd were taken and there was no camera crane. Even at the Stadium shows they always Had one on Ronnies Side. I can't imagine they had planned to release that show in any form. And yes I read the announcement on the screen before the show!

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: January 17, 2022 16:32

I know it all depends on the quality of the cameras it was filmed with, but I hope they manage to polish some classic shows up to today's standards. It's hard to swallow when you compare the 53-year-old footage of Get Back with something like Bridges to Bremen or Biggest Bang, both of which were recorded 30 something years later.

When I play 'From the Vault' releases like LA Forum or Live at the Tokyo dome on my new OLED screen, it hurts my eyes. The image quality is so bad, it's a shame they released in on BluRay.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 17, 2022 16:40

StonedRambler
spunky
show.

_ 02 arena 2012 shows.

Paris III was thoughsmileys with beer That should be released, Sympathy as the opener should be enjoyed at home as well.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 17, 2022 16:52

There was an extra cameraman (handheld) filming the audience during the three Paris gigs.
I didn't see him on the other gigs of that tour.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: January 18, 2022 00:44

Have to disagree that Pittsburgh show was better than the two Philly shows as I, like many, have recordings of all three. The afternoon show Philly show has the best version of All Down the Line I have ever heard and rivals anything they have ever released.

These Philly shows in 1972 were fantastic. Love a release of these shows.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: January 18, 2022 03:06

the mix of the miami 94 show voodoo uncut is a disgrace.....just goes to show they don't much care about the quality of what they put out.

I'd love to see a box of all the theatre shows from the licks tour, but it'd have to be mixed by Clearmountain

Date: January 18, 2022 03:46

I haven't heard the official release of the Miami 94 concert. We recorded the live PPV and I heard it has better sound.

mjmjr
the mix of the miami 94 show voodoo uncut is a disgrace.....just goes to show they don't much care about the quality of what they put out.

I'd love to see a box of all the theatre shows from the licks tour, but it'd have to be mixed by Clearmountain

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 18, 2022 08:31

georgemcdonnell314
I haven't heard the official release of the Miami 94 concert. We recorded the live PPV and I heard it has better sound.

mjmjr

Just listen to BUENOS AIRES. You'll understand.

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: January 18, 2022 12:26

The problem is the shows you mentioned were all filmed on videotape. Get Back is filmed on 16mm film just like the MSG shows, Altamont, Ladies & Gentlemen and Siome Girls live in Texas.Some shows of the 1981 tour were filmed on 35mm.

Let's hope they have some outtakes from @#$%& Blues. Maybe some day the negatives and multitracks from the Forth Worth and Houston 1972 shows pop-up.

Date: January 18, 2022 12:42

BowieStone
There was an extra cameraman (handheld) filming the audience during the three Paris gigs.
I could be wrong but I thought that was just the usual "videographer" who always shoots some material that he combines with the screen recordings for social media

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-18 12:43 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 18, 2022 12:59

StonedRambler
BowieStone
I could be wrong but I thought that was just the usual "videographer" who always shoots some material that he combines with the screen recordings for social media

Probably. Makes more sense...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 18, 2022 17:03

Rockman
El Chapo maybe
Or Chappo even?

Date: January 18, 2022 19:00

schwonek
Rockman
El Chapo maybe
Or Chappo even?

Might as well just roll them all out:

El Padrino
El Azul
El Lobito
El Güero
El Chuy

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 18, 2022 19:19

60 licks minus Brown Sugar. Lol

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: January 18, 2022 23:37

thunderball
It’s looking like the no 9 Carnaby Street releases are no more unfortunately.

What makes you say that? There’s been 7 releases in 17 months so it’s not as if they’ve been releasing one a month. I think the last tour accounts for the lack of releases and this month there hasn’t been one probably due to the fact it’s right after Christmas. I wouldn’t be surprised if the next one is released on 9th Feb.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: January 19, 2022 00:06

Exile red vinyl Carnaby for the 50th Anniversary

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 19, 2022 00:08

comes with authentic aged cut-out in top right hand corner of cover

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: January 19, 2022 00:26

Bashlets
60 licks minus Brown Sugar. Lol

More like 60 licks trimmed down to 30 licks if they’re to appease the cancel culture mob lol

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Date: January 19, 2022 02:06

They probably aren't inclined to reissue any live albums in a deluxe format.

But how cool would it be to get:

LOVE YOU LIVE with the rest of what was considered
STILL LIFE with the rest that was considered
FLASHPOINT with all the B-sides
NO SECURITY with anything else that was considered

It's obvious that none of those are necessary given the 'from the vault' etc releases.

It would also be cool to have an album of the LSTNT soundtrack.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 19, 2022 09:51

GasLightStreet

It's obvious that none of those are necessary given the 'from the vault' etc releases.

Cool only if the uncut tracks are used or even better: 2 versions, one with the uncut tracks and a limited "purist collectors only" edition with those truncated tracks as they appear in the movie. Or the ultimate overkill: 4 versions - LSTNT uncut/truncated plus Rocks Off! (with When The Whip Comes Down) uncut/truncated. And a variety of CD packaging/Vinyl colour variations for each of the 4 versions... The possibilites are endless! Simply mouthwatering!

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 19, 2022 10:11

After seeing all the fottage from Palm Beach '69, I must say I really hope for a concert film from that year.

Date: January 19, 2022 10:47

I honestly think that all the official live releases pale in comparison to the vault releases, mainly to the overdubs and the often sterile mix. Hampton 81 in its rawness is just so much better than Still Life and LA Forum 76 better than Love You Live (with the expectation of the el mocambo tracks). But that's just my personal taste. Unfortunately Hampton and LA are not on Spotify.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-19 10:48 by StonedRambler.

Date: January 19, 2022 11:06

retired_dog
GasLightStreet

Cool only if the uncut tracks are used or even better: 2 versions, one with the uncut tracks and a limited "purist collectors only" edition with those truncated tracks as they appear in the movie. Or the ultimate overkill: 4 versions - LSTNT uncut/truncated plus Rocks Off! (with When The Whip Comes Down) uncut/truncated. And a variety of CD packaging/Vinyl colour variations for each of the 4 versions... The possibilites are endless! Simply mouthwatering!

Don't forget the other two versions: With and without the correct tempo winking smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 19, 2022 18:50

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
GasLightStreet

Don't forget the other two versions: With and without the correct tempo winking smiley

What about all three shows used for the film uncut?

Date: January 19, 2022 20:45

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
GasLightStreet

What about all three shows used for the film uncut?

Bring it on!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 20, 2022 01:43

DandelionPowderman
Expanded editions of Four Flicks and The Biggest Bang + a St. Louis 97-release will probably come out first (according to the 2018 press release).

A good part of Still Life was taken from the Hampton-shows, so I'm not so sure about that one.

Dandy, I forget the press release. Was there a specific timeline to release those titles by?

Date: January 20, 2022 06:23

DandelionPowderman
Expanded editions of Four Flicks and The Biggest Bang + a St. Louis 97-release will probably come out first (according to the 2018 press release).

A good part of Still Life was taken from the Hampton-shows, so I'm not so sure about that one.

4 songs, although I'm still curious as to what show the ending of LSTNT was taken from since the HAMPTON version ends differently.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home