Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Rerelease predictions for 2022?
Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: January 14, 2022 11:55

Still Life is 40 years old this year and Love You Live turns 45. Does anyone else think it’s possible we’ll get 40th and 45th Anniversary extended editions? I think it’s possible that the rest of El Mocambo could finally get pulled from the vaults and we could see a 3 or even 4LP set and of course 9 Carnaby St editions to coincide with releases.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Re: Rerelease predictions for 2022?
Date: January 14, 2022 12:47

Expanded editions of Four Flicks and The Biggest Bang + a St. Louis 97-release will probably come out first (according to the 2018 press release).

A good part of Still Life was taken from the Hampton-shows, so I'm not so sure about that one.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 14, 2022 13:43

No matter what they release, let's just pray they get rid of Sam What as a mixer

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 14, 2022 14:51

DandelionPowderman
Expanded editions of Four Flicks and The Biggest Bang + a St. Louis 97-release will probably come out first (according to the 2018 press release).

You're probably right but yuck!
A DVD of Paris'76 +a CD of El Mocambo would get my vote.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 14, 2022 14:53

I'd love a deluxe IORR (with the exception of "short & curlies"; not a favorite of mine). Mick Taylor did some stellar work on the album & there are a lot of fine songs. Makes you wonder what else is in the vault. One of the first Stones albums I got really into as a youngster. Sticky & Exile were a little before my time although I do remember rocking out to the Brown Sugar/Bitch single at a young age. One of my older friends had it. My parents were pretty strict up to a certain point. I wasn't allowed to go see them in 75 but managed to do it in 78.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: January 14, 2022 16:46

dcba
You're probably right but yuck!
A DVD of Paris'76 +a CD of El Mocambo would get my vote.

Yeah I think Love You Live Super Deluxe with Paris 76 DVD and El Mocambo CD could be a possibility, especially as Paris 76 was rumoured for DVD release a while back.

Although exile was reworked back in 2010 I’m wondering if they’ll do anything in the way of a 50th Anniversary release, my guess is it will probably just get the 9 Carnaby St treatment this year.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: January 14, 2022 18:12

Honestly only interested in live material from Mick Taylor era. Let’s pray we finally get a proper 1972 live album release. At least some concerts were recorded on 16-track multitrack

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 15, 2022 07:45

50th anniversary of 72 tour, exile, and c-cksucker blues

any of this would be great

and also as a long shot suggestion but it's nearly been 10 years since the 50 & counting shows in 2012

it be neat to get a box set of the 4 shows and 12 12 12 with some footage from the rehearsals

and miami 2019

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 15, 2022 08:40

El Chapo maybe

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 15, 2022 10:06

StonedRambler
No matter what they release, let's just pray they get rid of Sam What as a mixer

I hope so, too! Get rid of the deaf man! He can't tell a flute from a jackhammer!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 15, 2022 10:34

kevinkamphuis
Honestly only interested in live material from Mick Taylor era. Let’s pray we finally get a proper 1972 live album release. At least some concerts were recorded on 16-track multitrack

Same mate.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 15, 2022 13:42

Father Ted
kevinkamphuis

Same mate.

A box set of the Philadelphia concerts including the Stevie Wonder performances would be a dream come true!

Posted by: MuddyJaggrich ()
Date: January 15, 2022 13:50

Hello folks, I think it would make more sense for the 60th band anniversary to go a little further into the past and still dig up another pearl.
There was a concert film from Paris in 1976 that was shot by french filmmaker Freddy Hausser.
An extended LOVE YOU LIVE edition together with the Mocambo gig would be sensational.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 15, 2022 17:42

Like all of us, I pray an extended El Macombo will be released and I will be alive to enjoy it. As certainly both shows were recorded, I pray the tapes still exist

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: January 15, 2022 23:08

It’s looking like the no 9 Carnaby Street releases are no more unfortunately.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 16, 2022 00:35

thunderball
It’s looking like the no 9 Carnaby Street releases are no more unfortunately.

Well they'd sell out pretty quickly, but how much money are they making off of 500 copies?

i Would wager we'll get a RED Exile as this is the 50th year, and maybe they'll splurge and do 1000 copies.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2022 03:51

Sam Wheat is a horrific mixer. He made BUENOS AIRES a mess.

What an idiot.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: January 16, 2022 07:42

S.T.P

A box set of the Philadelphia concerts including the Stevie Wonder performances would be a dream come true!

I think the Pittsburgh 72 show smokes any of the Philly ones.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 16, 2022 08:22

JMARKO
S.T.P

I think the Pittsburgh 72 show smokes any of the Philly ones.

It's a pity that it only exists as a direct soundboard cassette tape and not as a professional multitrack recording as far as I know. Quite possibly one of the board cassettes Keith ordered to be recorded for his private listening pleasure and that (or better copies thereof) "somehow" reached collector's hands later on. Wonder if the original tape still exists.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 16, 2022 09:54

S.T.P
Father Ted
kevinkamphuis

Same mate.

Wouldn’t that be something?! Maybe some video from those shows we saw in Crossfire Hurricane too.

Date: January 16, 2022 15:50

I think there will be some of the 72 shows come out on copyright dumps like some of the 69 shows did.

We know there are some recordings/ videos or at least partials.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 16, 2022 15:59

I know Abkco prevented the '72 live album from being released. However, I don't think that would be a problem now since the Stones have released live albums with Abkco owned songs.

Any recommendations for the best sounding Pittsburgh '72 recording?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 16, 2022 16:22

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-16 16:36 by Stoneage.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 16, 2022 16:37

crholmstrom
I'd love a deluxe IORR (with the exception of "short & curlies"; not a favorite of mine). Mick Taylor did some stellar work on the album & there are a lot of fine songs. Makes you wonder what else is in the vault. One of the first Stones albums I got really into as a youngster.

Slow Down and Stop (outtake)

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 16, 2022 17:53

exilestones
crholmstrom
I'd love a deluxe IORR (with the exception of "short & curlies"; not a favorite of mine). Mick Taylor did some stellar work on the album & there are a lot of fine songs. Makes you wonder what else is in the vault. One of the first Stones albums I got really into as a youngster.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

thanks

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: January 16, 2022 18:57

crholmstrom
exilestones
crholmstrom

[www.youtube.com]

..an excellent riff to use one day....!
[www.youtube.com]

thanks

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 16, 2022 20:37

I too would like to see the whole El Macambo shows released.

Nothing was released from The Zip Code tour other than the Ford theater show

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 16, 2022 20:42

For me I would like one of the New York 1972 shows

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 16, 2022 21:03

GasLightStreet
Sam Wheat is a horrific mixer. He made BUENOS AIRES a mess.

What an idiot.
Buenos Aires is actually one of his better mixes. Listen to Voodoo Lounge Uncut or Copacabana. Those are REALLY bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-16 21:04 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 16, 2022 21:33

- Four Flicks box with extra Circus Krone Munich
show.

_ 02 arena 2012 shows.

- No Filter Tour Paris 2017 and Hollywood 2021, one
show with Charlie and one with Steve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-16 21:33 by spunky.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home