Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Concert program of the Stones’ cancelled 1973 Japanese shows on Yahoo! JAPAN auction
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 12, 2022 05:23

[page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp]

[www.jauce.com]

It is believed an EXTREMELY limited number of copies have survived to exist to this day.

Minimum bid: ¥450,000 (appx. £2,850/€3,430/$3,900)

Anyone?

Re: Concert program of the Stones’ cancelled 1973 Japanese shows on Yahoo! JAPAN auction
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: January 12, 2022 09:55

It looks more as a re-worked Japanese editin of the Blue Book rather that a proper tour book

Re: Concert program of the Stones’ cancelled 1973 Japanese shows on Yahoo! JAPAN auction
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 12, 2022 14:38

1963luca0
It looks more as a re-worked Japanese editin of the Blue Book rather that a proper tour book

[www.worthpoint.com]

[www.juliensauctions.com]

You are right. I didn’t know about this “Blue Book”, but judging from the images seen on the above-linked pages, it is apparent that this “Japanese program” is based on it.

Whether it is genuine or fake, I am not sure. Hard to tell. While it is generally believed to be the proper tour book among the Stones fandom in Japan, it may be promotional material of some sort prepared for their then forthcoming shows, provided by the promoters.

For your information, the third image on Yahoo! JAPAN shows the schedule of the group’s Japanese dates, Budokan, Tokyo, 28 Jan-1 Feb, as well as promoters’ name etc, printed in it (in Japanese), which must not be included in the original Blue Book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-12 14:46 by RisingStone.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 12, 2022 17:07

Taking away the obvious historical significance...pretty boring looking program.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: January 12, 2022 19:30

Unless this alleged programme was locally produced in Japan without band consent, I doubt a 1973 programme would have pictures of the band from the 1960's in it. I am sure an official programme would have more recent pictures from the 1972 Tour.

Out of my price range anyway but unless someone could confirm that it is official, I would not go near this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home