Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
New 1969 footage revealed: West Palm Beach Festival 1969
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 31, 2022 12:02

Thanks to Ronnie Schneider:

Rolling Stones WPB Music and Art Festival 11/30/1969

[www.youtube.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-31 12:09 by mickijaggeroo.

Re: Days of Rage- Miami 1969 footage
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 31, 2022 18:37

They really sounded great on the festivals in '69thumbs up -Both at Palm Beach and in Altamont Keith and MT used more effects on the guitars. Especially the vibrato pedals made the guitars sound even cooler than on MSG.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 1, 2022 13:47

S.T.P
They really sounded great on the festivals in '69thumbs up -Both at Palm Beach and in Altamont Keith and MT used more effects on the guitars. Especially the vibrato pedals made the guitars sound even cooler than on MSG.

They didn't use any effects on the guitars, they are just terribly out of tune and the film is wobbly.

Mathijs

Date: February 1, 2022 17:42

Mathijs
S.T.P

They didn't use any effects on the guitars, they are just terribly out of tune and the film is wobbly.

Mathijs

Mathijs, first I have to say that I really respect you as a Stones fan and your knowledge on guitars. I've seen a lot of in depth info that you provided in different occasions. Thanks! I also undrestand that neither MT or Keith used guitar pedals during the 1969 tour apart from the different cannels on the amps combined with the footswich with booster as well. With all respect It's still hard to beleave that they didn't use a vibrato effect (both Keith and MT)on these two shows. I agree that the Palm Beach audio is in really bad shape and the tape runs on different speed throughout almost the wole show. It makes the guitars sound very out of tune and the over all sound wobbely. In my oppinion you can clearly hear both guitars use the effect on Sympathy For The Devil in the recording from Gimme Shelter (wich is quite good audio). First there is the second opening when MT starts on rythm. It could of cource be chorus, but I doubt it. Then Keith starts on the riff, and to my knowledge its impossible to get that sound without help fom a vibrato effect. I know they were experimenting with one. In Gimme Shelter there is a clip from back stage MSG with the pedal in use and either Jagger or Keith play the riff on Sympathy and its clearly the same sound as at Altamont. Just to be clear, the vibrato effect makes the tone go up and down with also the possibility to adjust the speed and dept. Its the same effect one get with using the Bigsby/vibrato on a guitar where the tone shifts. It sounds a bit simular to the uni vibe that Hendrix used from '69. Are you really shure you can outrule any posibility for the use of this effect on these two occasions?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 2, 2022 01:47

pretty sure that the reason that the audience recording makes it sound like the guitars are out of tune is because the guitars where out of tune

unless the audio from the ap video is also suffering from speed problems during playback

which seems unlikley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 2, 2022 07:08

If you listen to the audience rec of the whole show, it's obvious that the guitars are out of tune.
Jagger loses patience with Keith trying to tune his guitar during Under My Thumb...quite funny actually.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 2, 2022 12:47

S.T.P
Mathijs
S.T.P

Mathijs

Mathijs, first I have to say that I really respect you as a Stones fan and your knowledge on guitars. I've seen a lot of in depth info that you provided in different occasions. Thanks! I also undrestand that neither MT or Keith used guitar pedals during the 1969 tour apart from the different cannels on the amps combined with the footswich with booster as well. With all respect It's still hard to beleave that they didn't use a vibrato effect (both Keith and MT)on these two shows. I agree that the Palm Beach audio is in really bad shape and the tape runs on different speed throughout almost the wole show. It makes the guitars sound very out of tune and the over all sound wobbely. In my oppinion you can clearly hear both guitars use the effect on Sympathy For The Devil in the recording from Gimme Shelter (wich is quite good audio). First there is the second opening when MT starts on rythm. It could of cource be chorus, but I doubt it. Then Keith starts on the riff, and to my knowledge its impossible to get that sound without help fom a vibrato effect. I know they were experimenting with one. In Gimme Shelter there is a clip from back stage MSG with the pedal in use and either Jagger or Keith play the riff on Sympathy and its clearly the same sound as at Altamont. Just to be clear, the vibrato effect makes the tone go up and down with also the possibility to adjust the speed and dept. Its the same effect one get with using the Bigsby/vibrato on a guitar where the tone shifts. It sounds a bit simular to the uni vibe that Hendrix used from '69. Are you really shure you can outrule any posibility for the use of this effect on these two occasions?

Well, for both shows both Taylor and Richards are plugged in the amp direct -just a guitar, cable, amp. I do not see how they could have used a pedal. This basically was the setup until the Winter tour of 1973, where Taylor first used a Wah pedal and then 1973 Euro tour where he used a Coloursound fuzz and wah. During these tours Keith was still going straight into the amp.

Mathijs

Date: February 2, 2022 15:55

Thanks! I guess 1969 was too early to have effect loop on the back of the amps (send and receive)...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-02 15:58 by S.T.P.

1969 Video Palm Beach?
Posted by: yearsinthemaking ()
Date: February 6, 2022 22:10

[youtu.be]

This is amazing!!!!! I assume it's the Palm Beach show

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home