Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Throwing shoes on stage
Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: January 1, 2022 06:38

it happened that the stones had a concert in 1978 and the crowd threw a lot of shoes on stage (there is a photograph of mick with a pile of shoes on stage). tonight i watched the 1994 miami gig and someone trew a boot on stage. this reminded me that i don´t know the reason/meaning of throwing shoes on artists. do you know? please share knowledge, thanks.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-01 15:24 by bv.

Re: question: thowing shoes on stage
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: January 1, 2022 06:50

When one monkey throws poop, all the other monkeys throw poop. Add alcohol to the mix

Re: question: thorwing shoes on stage
Date: January 1, 2022 06:55

mhm

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: January 1, 2022 07:39

I was in front of the stage at the shoe-throwing show in 1978. My recollection is that it started off as kind of a playful prank. I don’t remember exactly which song they were playing when it started but it might have been Beast Of Burden. A few people threw their shoes on stage and then a few more got into it. Then Mick said “All right then, I want all your shoes!”…and it started raining shoes. I remember Mick’s invitation and the subsequent shoe-storm vividly. The stage crew had to come out and sweep them off. I only owned one pair of sneakers and wasn’t interested in losing them but one of my friends rolled up his socks and tossed them. I think they bounced off of Bill’s bass.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 1, 2022 12:41

Cooltoplady
When one monkey throws poop, all the other monkeys throw poop. Add alcohol to the mix

you act like you got all the answers but never anything to say

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 1, 2022 13:48

Mick Jagger, Los Angeles, CA, 1978

[www.morrisonhotelgallery.com]

Date: January 1, 2022 16:31

likecats
I was in front of the stage at the shoe-throwing show in 1978. My recollection is that it started off as kind of a playful prank. I don’t remember exactly which song they were playing when it started but it might have been Beast Of Burden. A few people threw their shoes on stage and then a few more got into it. Then Mick said “All right then, I want all your shoes!”…and it started raining shoes. I remember Mick’s invitation and the subsequent shoe-storm vividly. The stage crew had to come out and sweep them off. I only owned one pair of sneakers and wasn’t interested in losing them but one of my friends rolled up his socks and tossed them. I think they bounced off of Bill’s bass.

thank you!

Re: Throwing shoes on stage
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 1, 2022 16:39

DoctorStone
it happened that the stones had a concert in 1978 and the crowd threw a lot of shoes on stage

Did they walk home barefoot then?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 1, 2022 16:54

likecats

I'll tell ya
You can put me out
On the street
Put me out
With no shoes on my feet
But put me out, put me out
Put me out of misery, yeah

Sounds like you could be right.................

Date: January 1, 2022 17:13

I have a bootleg of this concert and Mick says " I want everybody's shoes" and they start Love In Vain and it has a rough start to it because of all the shoes being tossed.

There are other images around with the stage covered in shoes.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 1, 2022 19:40

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: January 1, 2022 20:33

Nikkei
Cooltoplady

Is called humor. People post stuff on here all the time with humor. Chill out.

If you had any wisdom its a reference to mob mentality.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 1, 2022 22:03

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 1, 2022 22:10

Lurv them shots .... So Stones ... like a friendly battle zone

ROCKMAN

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 1, 2022 22:44

Never saw anyone throwing shoes onto the stage, but I once (only once) saw a girl taking off her knickers to throw them onto the stage. The knickers didn't make it to the stage, they ended just in front. She didn't have another pair grinning smiley ... she appeared disappointed, but soon forgot about it winking smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: January 2, 2022 13:53

Sole Survivor

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 2, 2022 19:16

Edison Field, Anaheim

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 3, 2022 04:16

Those photos are from Anaheim in '78, but I witnessed the shoe throwing in Cleveland the same tour. I never did understand it. I did see a girl throw her bra on the B-Stage. It caught Charlie's drumstick. He just flicked it off and kept playing.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 3, 2022 13:12

Cooltoplady
This is it in a nutshell

Date: January 3, 2022 13:19

doitywoik
DoctorStone
it happened that the stones had a concert in 1978 and the crowd threw a lot of shoes on stage

This reminds me of a Curb episode that just aired several weeks ago on HBO where Larry steps in poop on his one show and instead like everyone else wiping it off on the grass or something walks over to a trash bin and takes off both shoes and then is walking around in his socks . Larry then sees a museum exhibit and swipes a pair of shoes and later in the episode gets busted by the daughter of whose Father the shoes belonged to . In addition to the obvious , Larry the original germaphobe wears someone else's shoes .To quote my lady friend eckie and gross

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 3, 2022 19:42

Nikkei
Cooltoplady

I don’t think it’s an act, this person really never has anything positive or constructive to say.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 3, 2022 22:27

Cooltoplady
Nikkei
Cooltoplady

Is called humor. People post stuff on here all the time with humor. Chill out.

If you had any wisdom its a reference to mob mentality.

That actually is a good analogy. People seam to get caught up in the moment.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 4, 2022 00:00

TheGreek
doitywoik
DoctorStone

This reminds me of a Curb episode that just aired several weeks ago on HBO where Larry steps in poop on his one show and instead like everyone else wiping it off on the grass or something walks over to a trash bin and takes off both shoes and then is walking around in his socks . Larry then sees a museum exhibit and swipes a pair of shoes and later in the episode gets busted by the daughter of whose Father the shoes belonged to . In addition to the obvious , Larry the original germaphobe wears someone else's shoes .To quote my lady friend eckie and gross

You skipped a major point of that bit: He swiped those from an exhibit of actual shoes taken from Holocaust victims. The fact that they belonged to someone else (I think it was Tracy Ullman's character's grandfather) is beside the point. The outrageous part is the source/reason for the exhibit of the shoes, and that Larry took them--which was really awful and out there, even for L.D.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: January 4, 2022 02:23

Throwing shoes on stage at George Bush Bush Shoe Throw Loop

Date: January 4, 2022 13:43

loog droog
TheGreek
doitywoik
DoctorStone

You skipped a major point of that bit: He swiped those from an exhibit of actual shoes taken from Holocaust victims. The fact that they belonged to someone else (I think it was Tracy Ullman's character's grandfather) is beside the point. The outrageous part is the source/reason for the exhibit of the shoes, and that Larry took them--which was really awful and out there, even for L.D.
I did not know how to broach that . My apologies if I offended as that surely was not my intention and I mean No disrespect to the victims of the Holocaust . I could not believe that L.D. went there . I guess because of his ethnic heritage he can go there ? That might be the most outrageous issue that L.D. has written into a script of his as nothing on Seinfeld or Curb has come close to this . I am uncomfortable with this and in retrospect I think I made in error in judgment by bringing this up .My Sincere Apologies !

Date: January 4, 2022 13:45

Zotz
Major props to President George W Bush for his quick reflexes . It's one thing to see it coming at you , and it's a whole other thing to be able to duck and dodge it .

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 4, 2022 14:07

TheGreek
loog droog
TheGreek
doitywoik
DoctorStone

I did not know how to broach that . My apologies if I offended as that surely was not my intention and I mean No disrespect to the victims of the Holocaust . I could not believe that L.D. went there . I guess because of his ethnic heritage he can go there ? That might be the most outrageous issue that L.D. has written into a script of his as nothing on Seinfeld or Curb has come close to this . I am uncomfortable with this and in retrospect I think I made in error in judgment by bringing this up .My Sincere Apologies !

On Seinfeld, they did have Jerry take a date to see Schindler’s List and make out with her during the movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-04 14:09 by Halup.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 4, 2022 14:30

TheGreek
Zotz
Major props to President George W Bush for his quick reflexes . It's one thing to see it coming at you , and it's a whole other thing to be able to duck and dodge it .

He saw it he dodged it. Maybe it was just a nervous reaction like a muzzle that clamps up.
We'll need more factual evidence that "Junior" actually had a brain. Not a functional brain, I mean 1 kilo of gray matter inside his skull.

Date: January 4, 2022 19:35

dcba
TheGreek
Zotz

He saw it he dodged it. Maybe it was just a nervous reaction like a muzzle that clamps up.
We'll need more factual evidence that "Junior" actually had a brain. Not a functional brain, I mean 1 kilo of gray matter inside his skull.
Best Post of the Day, Month, Year , and just flat out BEST !

Date: January 4, 2022 19:40

Halup
TheGreek
loog droog
TheGreek
doitywoik
DoctorStone

On Seinfeld, they did have Jerry take a date to see Schindler’s List and make out with her during the movie.
I think as I think about this that the Schindler's episode was peripheral as it was about Jerry and his date making out . Where the Curb episode deals with L.D. wearing shoes from a victim of the slaughter from the Holocaust . I feel terrible , as I should and do know better than this . I sincerely Apologize to anyone I have offended as I am terribly Sorry !!!!!!!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home