Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
60 Years Of The Rolling Stones... What Are You Hoping For?
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 31, 2021 19:07

60 Years Of The Rolling Stones... What Are You Hoping For? (Archive Releases, Books, etc.)

happy new year

i know this is a couple months early but...

what does everyone want to see for this big anniversary

(not tour or new album other threads for that)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-01 15:23 by bv.

Re: 60 Years Of The Rolling Stones... What Are You Hoping For? (Archive Releases, Books, etc.)
Date: December 31, 2021 19:09

i'll go first

abcko vault releases of unreleased studio and live tracks

mick's 80's autobiography

a documentary about charlie

Re: 60 Years Of The Rolling Stones... What Are You Hoping For? (Archive Releases, Books, etc.)
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 31, 2021 19:30

New Studio-Album.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: December 31, 2021 19:31

A complete show from 1970 would be great. The release of the Gomelsky film would be a world wonder. What about the complete NYC 69 shows, El Mocambo, 100 Club, I'm only dreaming...

Date: December 31, 2021 19:44

BlueTurns2Grey
A complete show from 1970 would be great. The release of the Gomelsky film would be a world wonder. What about the complete NYC 69 shows, El Mocambo, 100 Club, I'm only dreaming...

el mocambo would be awesome

and of course i didn't even think about the gomelsky film

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 31, 2021 20:14

Irix
New Studio-Album.

thumbs up

Won't hold my breath as it's been 16 years and counting for an original new album, but would be nice to see if they can finish what they started all those years ago.
Chances might be slim, and they'll probably release another compilation ala Honk and GRRR for the 60th, but there's always a bit of hope based on what they say in most of their interviews in recent years.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: December 31, 2021 21:02

1964 Radio Luxembourg acetate audiophile release, massive ABKCO box of out takes, Gomelsky film, the Curly Clayton acetate, all the Regent Sound song demo acetates, a properly researched Decca era recording sessions book similar to Mark Lewisohn's Beatle book.
Unfortunately I'm not sure that there's a big stash of Brian era footage waiting to be discovered but if there is, a blu ray or two.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()

Definitely NO new studio album, please!!

I hope for more archive material (video and audio).

Posted by: Gazza ()

after this year, all of them still being alive by the end of it.....

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 31, 2021 21:21

Live with MT

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: December 31, 2021 21:43

A new album most of all. I keep hoping they will film live performances of the new songs and release those as a video. A documentary on the making of the album would be nice too.

I'd love a book of stage photos or a collection of tour posters.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 31, 2021 23:20

More of all of this.

Posted by: juano ()
Date: December 31, 2021 23:49

My wishes are for El Mocambo 1977, both nights, complete, unedited, warts and all with awesome lines notes.

NOT interested in new material from the Stones, the time has come to empty out the vaults.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: January 1, 2022 06:01

If they tour in Europe I would like to see Bill back for a couple shows.

Something that would be a surprise like the Fully Finished Outtakes were for most of us in 2021.

A solo album from Ronnie.

An album of country covers in the spirit of Blue and Lonesome.

And to top off the year a Christmas special with Claudine Longet like Andy Williams used to do?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 1, 2022 06:30

El Mocambo, Knebworth and another '76 show - probably Paris and a new album.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 1, 2022 06:34

A makeup show for Vancouver!! I'm sure MrDDD, Treacle and Paddy would agree.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 1, 2022 06:36

The 2012 rehearsals with Bill and Mick Taylor.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: January 1, 2022 11:01

If they released El Mocambo and nothing ever again I'd be happy.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 1, 2022 12:08

btw: everything they recorded in 1971 and haven't released/commercially used until yesterday is now public domain

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 1, 2022 12:40

slewan

btw: everything they recorded in 1971 and haven't released/commercially used until yesterday is now public domain

Is there actually something interesting left?

On [StonesSessions.com] there're only 5 'unused' Tracks listed for 1971: Travellin' Man , Tell Her How It Is , Fragile , Separately , Exile Instrumental.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 1, 2022 12:54

A new studio album.

Even if it’s simply a case of cobbling together what they have. I would imagine there’s enough, surely. A few overdubs here and there, perhaps. If there genuinely isn’t the material for a full-length release, it’d be nice to have an EP; or an extended one, like Magical Mystery Tour.

More live releases are always welcome! I’ve enjoyed most of the ‘vault’ releases.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 1, 2022 14:22

Some shows in London and across Europe.

A new studio album.

Two or three shows at MSG.

Good health for Mick, Keith, and Ronnie.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 1, 2022 14:30

A NEW BLOODY ALBUM

Nothing more, NOTHING LESS.

Rod

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: January 1, 2022 15:21

The New Jersey shows from 81 videos.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 1, 2022 15:28

Irix
slewan

On [StonesSessions.com] there're only 5 'unused' Tracks listed for 1971: Travellin' Man , Tell Her How It Is , Fragile , Separately , Exile Instrumental.

well, I guess they recorded more songs at the Roundhouse show than those released on the Sticky Finger bonus CD. And maybe some more shows of the 1971 farewell tour?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 1, 2022 16:26

Irix
slewan

Well, not "everything they recorded in 1971". Unreleased compositions don't fall into this "public domain" category, as the respective composers (not performers!) still have a veto right.

All the tracks you mentioned fall into this category. However, it could be argued that Mick Taylor officially released "Separately" as a japanese bonus track of "A Stone's Throw". But in my humble opinion it bears only little resemblance with the Stones instrumental of the same name so it could be argued that musically, it's a different composition altogether. Whatever, I would not test my luck on this one!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 1, 2022 16:35

ash
1964 Radio Luxembourg acetate audiophile release, massive ABKCO box of out takes, Gomelsky film, the Curly Clayton acetate, all the Regent Sound song demo acetates, a properly researched Decca era recording sessions book similar to Mark Lewisohn's Beatle book.
Unfortunately I'm not sure that there's a big stash of Brian era footage waiting to be discovered but if there is, a blu ray or two.

Exactly this - and after that, I would probably be saturated (well, almost... with the exception of US 1972, Europe 1976 & El Mocambo 1977 and a handful of post-1970 outtakes I'd like to have in perfect quality).

Re: 60 Years Of The Rolling Stones... What Are You Hoping For?
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 1, 2022 16:38

Wouldn’t be shocked if they threw out a 50th anniversary of Exile with a 1972 live show

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 1, 2022 18:40

I'd love for the Stones to go into a studio and record 100 cover songs. The Rolling Stones are the best cover band ever!

MORE STONES!

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: January 1, 2022 18:58

A new album with new songs. Some live dates. Health, happiness and peace for the guys

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home