Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Real Reason of Meredith Hunter incident (video)
Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: December 29, 2021 20:17

Hells Angels MC California:

[www.youtube.com]

Re: The Real Reason of Meredith Hunter incident (video)
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 29, 2021 20:42

So, according to the Angel interviewed there, Hunter tried two times to get on the stage (like so many other people during the day and night thay kept the Angels busy), with no success due to once again great security job by the Angels to protect the stage. He got angry, went to his car to get his gun, came back, and then the Angels took care of him.

Yep.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-29 20:45 by Doxa.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 29, 2021 21:05

That is what happened as been told since it happened . Also never cheap out on security . As I just typed that I thought oh how absurd that was as security as recent as 2019 was a joke as in all for show . God Forbid if something happens to a peaceful well behaved individual that is assaulted right in front of security who can't be bothered to do the job they were paid to do ! True story as it happened to me . Which then closed up my wallet of putting myself in questionable environments where my personal safety and well being can not be put in jeopardy for no one as life is too precious .

Date: December 29, 2021 21:06

Also at a Stones concert . Fast forward to 2019 .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 29, 2021 21:18

TheGreek

Same.
In Chicago... knocked on my ass by a gang of drunk girls smileys with beer

Lol.
Usually pay extra for that, (or marry the girl).. but it was kinda funny in retrospect.
Those Chi-town girls are tough tough tough tough.. winking smiley
Happily went back for more though.. lol.

Always been part of the deal.. the difference between watching a show in the nosebleeds and being part of it.. cool smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 29, 2021 21:33

So can we conclude that at least once in their career they had a decent security...

Strange that they didn't use those professionals more often.

- Doxa

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 29, 2021 23:15

That Mick Jagger, he used us for dupes.

Date: December 30, 2021 00:35

From ultimateclassicrock.com:

The fatal violence that erupted during the Rolling Stones' set at the Altamont Speedway on Dec. 6, 1969, cast a pall over what was supposed to be a day of celebration — and put frontman Mick Jagger in the crosshairs of an assassination attempt that stayed secret for decades.

As Stones fans are doubtless aware, the Altamont show was dogged with problems from the start, the festival's mood soured by a toxic combination of unruly fans and a security crew consisting of Hells Angels bikers. Fights broke out long before the Stones took the stage, and Jefferson Airplane singer Marty Balin was even knocked out by security. The Grateful Dead, whose manager had been the one to recommend hiring the Hells Angels in the first place, ultimately ended up refusing to perform their scheduled set.

The Stones persevered, however, even after Jagger was punched by a concertgoer while moving between the group's helicopter and the stage. His pleas for the audience to "be cool" fell on deaf ears; meanwhile, the Angels were reportedly not too impressed with Jagger's flamboyant dance moves, and the mood at the show continued to darken. Forced to stop their set during the third song, "Sympathy for the Devil," the band continued to try and connect with the crowd.

It all came to a head when a concertgoer named Meredith Hunter, irate over his rough treatment at the hands of the security crew during a foiled attempt to get on the stage, pulled a gun. Hells Angel Alan Passano intervened, stabbing Hunter and incapacitating him before other members of the crew joined in and delivered a beating. Though the Stones were unaware of it at the time, they were performing during a murder.

The group was understandably appalled, and in the aftermath of the Altamont disaster, Jagger strained to disassociate the Stones from the Angels' hiring and vowed never to use them again. The Angels were outraged, believing Jagger had sold them out — and even though Passano was acquitted of murder on the grounds of self-defense, the singer remained a target. As former FBI agent Mark Young told the BBC during an interview conducted for its The FBI at 100 (via the New York Times), they intended to get their revenge by killing Jagger.

Fortunately, according to Young, weather intervened. "Their plan involved making entry into his Long Island property, going by boat," he recalled. "As they gathered the weaponry and their forces to go out on Long Island Sound, a storm rolled up, which nearly sunk the watercraft they were in, and they escaped with their own lives."

Jagger reportedly remained blissfully unaware for decades. The FBI only turned up the murder plot much later, when an informant offered up details during a widespread investigation into their activities in 1985 — and most members of the public didn't hear about it until The FBI at 100 first aired. Jagger declined to comment.

Read More: Hells Angels Tried to Assassinate Mick Jagger in Retaliation for Altamont | [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 30, 2021 01:27

Blame Jerry Garcia!!!!!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 30, 2021 01:42

From everything I’ve read about the Stones around this period, about Altamont & the 60’s it just seemed predestined. There was a dark undercurrent to the hippy thing by 1969.

Woodstock was a disaster averted by the US army. Pisses me off those hippies claimed it was a success when 10,000 sandwiches and blankets and other snacks and water had to be airlifted into this “successful society” Michael Lang claimed to have created. Woodstock 99 was destined to happen with this goon at the helm. Even as it played out in front of him over that weekend he denied it was a disaster while every press organization pushed him on it.

You can’t put 100,000s of people in a field on drugs and expect things to go well. The hells angels are exactly what it says on the label. They’re not security. They were a line of defence where a Barrier or security should have been. No one could have been surprised when they behaved the way they did. That’s how they behave. That’s the way it is. Crosby said it, don’t invite the tigers if you don’t want your guests eaten.

Seems like the Stones were playing with dark energy or using it as a shtick at the time, and some of the play came home to roost. Pleased to meet you, here’s some guys on motorbikes. Jagger probably thought the whole thing cool. But I doubt he’d ever been exposed to real violence before that night.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 30, 2021 06:16

Paddy
From everything I’ve read about the Stones around this period, about Altamont & the 60’s it just seemed predestined. There was a dark undercurrent to the hippy thing by 1969.

A lot of that was the media at the time. It got blown out of proportion.

Date: December 30, 2021 07:19

GasLightStreet
Paddy

I wasn’t there, but reading a number of books and about Haight Ashbury in particular, you had multiple disparate groups all mingling in the same city. Black Panthers, Hells Amgels, Hippies, potheads, psychedelic heads, methamphetamine heads, CIA, the Manson family, some radical religious groups.

Like I said, that’s just from reading different books.

There was a great book called “ CHAOS: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties” released in 2019. It’s a great insight into the underbelly of the 60s at that point.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 30, 2021 08:01

Wonder what happened ta Harley
first dog ta ever hear Brown Sugar live ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 30, 2021 11:38

Doxa
So, according to the Angel interviewed there, Hunter tried two times to get on the stage (like so many other people during the day and night thay kept the Angels busy), with no success due to once again great security job by the Angels to protect the stage. He got angry, went to his car to get his gun, came back, and then the Angels took care of him.

Yep.

- Doxa

I haven't watched this.

But based on your post, I agree... it doesn't make sense.
Why would someone park their car...presumably miles away from the concert...walk miles...get close to the stage...get angry...hike miles back to their car...get a gun...hike miles back..

Pretty sure he had the gun with him all the time.

Date: December 30, 2021 11:57

Eleanor Rigby
Doxa

Yep.

- Doxa

I haven't watched this.

Why would someone park their car...presumably miles away from the concert...walk miles...get close to the stage...get angry...hike miles back to their car...get a gun...hike miles back..

It’s well documented he went back to the car to get his gun. His girlfriend said so in subsequent interviews. It might even be in the Rolling Stone article that came out a few weeks afterwards.

Story goes, he was being hassled for trying to get to the stage and being with a white woman. She said the angels were pulling Meredith Hunters hair and comments were made about his race. At that point he went for the gun...

Saul Austerlitz & Joel Slevin have written great books on the whole affair.

Date: December 30, 2021 13:23

MisterDDDD
TheGreek

Same.
In Chicago... knocked on my ass by a gang of drunk girls smileys with beer

Lol.
Usually pay extra for that, (or marry the girl).. but it was kinda funny in retrospect.
Those Chi-town girls are tough tough tough tough.. winking smiley
Happily went back for more though.. lol.

Always been part of the deal.. the difference between watching a show in the nosebleeds and being part of it.. cool smiley
Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction as it was 2 girls that assaulted me in the Pit that were drunk @ Foxboro 2019 . In Chicago was this in 2019 ? If so was it opening night or was it Chicago second night ? As I had issues on opening night in the pit on Ronnie Side . Now the second night we were on Keith's side and it was magical . Fast forward to Foxboro several weeks later on Ronnie side and that is where the assault happened during YCAGWYW which was the 9th song of the night/set list . I regret not getting the Police involved and filing charges as my night was ruined after that assault as I was in so much pain and all my stupid mind kept telling me was not to ruin the "experience " of the Show which was destroyed by the amount of pain I was in from the assault .Then how upset and disappointed I was at the lack of concern or care by the security in the pit . At the very least I would have been able to say to myself that I took responsibility and contacted Law Enforcement and filed charges and let the chips fall where they should have instead of sticking my head into the proverbial sand as not to ruin my experience and glow from the Glimmer Twins which was certainly destroyed by the pain from the assault . Like an idiot I cared more for those with me more than myself and did not want to detract from there experience . To which my male relative after the show told me I should have retreated to a safer space and let the girls take my space in the pit that I had stood in like an idiot from before the opening act took the stage . I asked my relative after the show as to why he did not intercede on my behalf to which he replied "what do you want me to get arrested ? " (I will take that one to the grave with me and never forget his selfish reaction ) No certainly not ! but maybe show a tad or a smidgen of concern , like maybe you actually care . Which I guess was asking to much of him .Then followed up be the verbal Donnybrook after the show at the hotel that night/early morning followed by the over three hour ride in the car by dead silence and crickets .People Places and Things that I shall never ever again put myself in harms way like ever again . The old adage of you can pick your friends but not your family and I will only surround myself with people I trust ! Life is short and precious and it's also about Quality of Life !

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 30, 2021 17:04

Paddy
Eleanor Rigby
Doxa

Yep.

- Doxa

I haven't watched this.

It’s well documented he went back to the car to get his gun. His girlfriend said so in subsequent interviews. It might even be in the Rolling Stone article that came out a few weeks afterwards.

Story goes, he was being hassled for trying to get to the stage and being with a white woman. She said the angels were pulling Meredith Hunters hair and comments were made about his race. At that point he went for the gun...

Yes..he went back to the car to get his gun, but do you think that was during the Stones set???

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 30, 2021 17:16

GasLightStreet
Paddy

The media is one thing, but the dark current Paddy is talking about is not the hippy thing as such (it sort of started in 1967). No, the real dark current came from the ultra conservative part of the different societies. There was this fear that progressive young people would "take power". So they went for their "leaders", and in the UK the spotlight was put on the Rolling Stones. Off course also guys like George Harrison and even more so John Lennon had to be "taken care" of. Corrupt London policemen loved it, for instance. In the USA Lennon wasn't as much a "state enemy number one", but they tried in the end to get him out of the country. There have been lots of examples where "eagles" penetrated the world of peace loving, but progressive "chickens" and it still happens today.
1968 was the first real threat to the status quo society. France, Germany, parts of the USA, Japan (although it was a bit different there), smaller protests in other countries like mine. But "they" (the eagles) triggered it to start with and created the frustration among many young people.
Altamont was just an unfortunate event, where polarisation took over at the wrong moment. But historically it will always be moment that ended the "lovely sixties" that had started so badly (Kennedy, King, etc.).confused smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 30, 2021 21:52

Rockman

A dog on stage. LOL. Those crazy hippies.

Date: December 30, 2021 22:21

Eleanor Rigby
Paddy
Eleanor Rigby
Doxa

Yep.

- Doxa

I haven't watched this.

Yes..he went back to the car to get his gun, but do you think that was during the Stones set???

From memory I can’t recall, but I think i read it was before the stones. I doubt he would have had time if it was during the set.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: December 30, 2021 22:23

I wonder if many the problems would have been avoided if the stage was simply 2ft higher?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 30, 2021 22:29

Paddy

I've read about this numerous times and different accounts. I am almost sure I read that he went back for his gun at some point (though I agree w/ one comment above, it was more likely he had it the entire time). However, as believable as it may seem, I never once heard before that they were pulling his hair and making comments about his race. It's been speculated they were not happy w/ a white woman w/ a black person but I never once read where anyone heard a comment to that effect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-30 22:30 by LeonidP.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 31, 2021 06:51

Ket
I wonder if many the problems would have been avoided if the stage was simply 2ft higher?

And if the crowd was kept 10 feet away, and the Hells Angels were kept 10 miles away.

Date: December 31, 2021 20:39

Hairball
Ket

And if the crowd was kept 10 feet away, and the Hells Angels were kept 10 miles away.
Then people would get hurt, stomped , and become fatalities that much further away from the stage .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home