Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Rolling Stone: Life And Death Of Brian Jones
Date: January 16, 2022 17:02

DandelionPowderman
Regarding option 1, shouldn't it be mentioned that he has asthma and that he had taken sleeping pills?

Interesting remark: In those days sleeping pills were short and very strong acting barbiturates mainly, (these days benzodiazepines, less dangerous, but still very addictive) and in combination with large amounts of alcohol it can be lethal or knock you out within 10 minutes. Several suicide attempts have the same ingredients in combination with anti- vomiting pills. As far as `I understood Brian's pool was filled with very warm water which makes the situation even more dangerous.

I have had severe asthma myself as a child, and know that an attack pops up within one minute or so, but almost never within a few seconds. Then you act quick out of experience, take the inhaler, a pill or seek help and have a doctor to inject Ventolin. Brian would likely have done the same if he had gotten an asthma attack in the pool and still had his senses together.

The combination of being drunk, downers and very warm water has very likely put Brian Jones out, and hence he drowned "peacefully". Or Paul's theory could be an option, or something in-between. I don't take sides in that discussion.

Just to note: I don't want to encourage people to commit suicide.winking smiley

"If you don't c sharp you'll b flat". - Muhammad Ali.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-16 19:00 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 16, 2022 23:20

georgie48
Rockman
Rockman, do you know the exact day this photo was taken?

Says --- East Grinstead, England, July 7th 1969.

But no idea if correct ....

Thanks!
Not trying to be Sherlock Holmes, but just the two of them together on July 3/4 and again on July 7. Interesting. The nude shot of Ann was taken at the same spot where Brian was standing on photos of which was said that they were the last photos of him being alive?
confused smiley

Seems to be the same day since she is wearing the same clothes (minus the coat/hat in 2nd photo). Probably both July 3...

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 16, 2022 23:35

Didn’t Marianne Faithful try to commit suicide a month later with sleeping pills.

Date: January 17, 2022 01:10

Brian's last known photos taken by a fan a couple of weeks before his death

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 17, 2022 01:19

Thanks for that other photo, 2000LYFH.
You could be right there. I have to admit that I don't remember Ann's clothes during that interview. I was obviously focusing on their (Ann and Frank) faces. But funny enough I do remember Frank had a suit on. His face was lying, 100%, when he talked to that interviewer.
Does anyone know who that guy right behind Ann is? He doesn't look like a police or any administrative person. His suit is far to fancy for that (in those still pretty conservative days).

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: January 17, 2022 02:06

georgie48
You could be right there. I have to admit that I don't remember Ann's clothes during that interview. I was obviously focusing on their (Ann and Frank) faces. But funny enough I do remember Frank had a suit on. His face was lying, 100%, when he talked to that interviewer.
Does anyone know who that guy right behind Ann is? He doesn't look like a police or any administrative person. His suit is far to fancy for that (in those still pretty conservative days).

The late Publicist David Sandison who was associated with the Stones at this time.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 17, 2022 07:48

Cooltoplady
Paddy
Cooltoplady
Taylor1
One person chose to interject that, this Cooltopladyand to disparage Mathis, who is a really terrific and knowledgeable guy

Nope. if you have been reading any of the above comments I agreed with someone’s comments about that. That’s my whole point, which you just made. You say anything that comes in your head. As far as Mr M goes. He does have a lot of bs.

You brought the proud boys into the discussion, a discussion about Brian Jones’ death. How is it relevant. The answer is it’s not. Defend it all you want, but it’s bullshit not relevant to the thread

Nope I did not I just reiterated what another poster said. Please read the other post before you point fingers. Geeez

Oh. A Parrot.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 17, 2022 10:25

2000 LYFH
georgie48

The late Publicist David Sandison who was associated with the Stones at this time.

Ah, thanks 2000 LYFH. He wrote that book about the making of Beggars Banquet. I tried to find if I could get that book, but it's out of stock all over.
It would be interesting to know what and how he wrote about Brian's role in the making.

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 17, 2022 18:16

2000 LYFH
Ann Wohlin at Cotchford Farm in 1969

It's not Cotchford and it's from 1970 for Mayfair. thumbs up

Date: January 17, 2022 18:26

Pic 1: Leaving Londonderry Hotel, London to go to East Grinstead for the inquest.
Pic 2: Arriving at inquest.

7th July 1969.

thumbs up

Date: January 17, 2022 19:20

Paddy
If it was put to a vote and your options were:

1. Accidental drowning (possibly too drunk or stoned to be safe in the pool alone)

Drink, drugs, battered health, wonky heart and liver, asthma, really hot pool. He went under, held his breath for too long and passed out.

Brian was fearless in water. On the night of the 2nd of July 1969 his luck ran out.

Maybe the resulting mess was from the people who were there crapping themselves because they were there and knew it could/would look bad. Stories were told, favours were asked, all giving the impression there was more to it. Frank's injured hand? Getting Brian out of the pool?

The cover up doesn't have to mean he was killed. I think it's just as plausible if not more likely that he had a peaceful exit from this world. That's why no one noticed him not come back up until it was too late. He drifted off in to unconsciousness and then silence, like his final sliding chord on No Expectations.

Brian - June 1964 - By Peter Stuart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-17 19:21 by His Majesty.

Date: January 17, 2022 20:04

His Majesty
Paddy
If it was put to a vote and your options were:

1. Accidental drowning (possibly too drunk or stoned to be safe in the pool alone)

Drink, drugs, battered health, wonky heart and liver, asthma, really hot pool. He went under, held his breath for too long and passed out.

Brian was fearless in water. On the night of the 2nd of July 1969 his luck ran out.

Maybe the resulting mess was from the people who were there crapping themselves because they were there and knew it could/would look bad. Stories were told, favours were asked, all giving the impression there was more to it. Frank's injured hand? Getting Brian out of the pool?

The cover up doesn't have to mean he was killed. I think it's just as plausible if not more likely that he had a peaceful exit from this world. That's why no one noticed him not come back up until it was too late. He drifted off in to unconsciousness and then silence, like his final sliding chord on No Expectations.

Sad, but my thoughts as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-17 20:06 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: January 17, 2022 20:28

His Majesty
2000 LYFH
Ann Wohlin at Cotchford Farm in 1969

It's not Cotchford and it's from 1970 for Mayfair. thumbs up

OK thanks for the correction - More pictures of her in Mayfair here (Adult Content): [elbagdad.blogspot.com]

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: January 26, 2022 18:34

An English businessman with the surname Jones contacted the police because he stayed at a hotel in Spain, shortly before Brian died, and received a threatening phone call one night. Brian was staying at the same hotel it turned out and apparently the phone call was put through to the wrong Mr Jones…

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 26, 2022 20:39

Wow, I am getting really confused here, I prob should read more about it. Wasn't the theory of why FT is a suspect because he was ripping off Brian and was mad that Brian was bad-mouthing him?

Shouldn't it have been the other way around, wouldn't Brian be the one to call FT if being ripped off to threaten with violence?

So the implication is FT was mad, made a threat 10 days in advance, and continued to live w/ Brian after that, then decided 10 days later it was finally time to act - the right opportunity perhaps? Just stewed (and keefed) about it for 10 full days?

Ridiculous, this entire thing, if I have that right.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home