Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Rolling Stone: Life And Death Of Brian Jones
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 6, 2022 11:56

Well the Kray twins were no slouches when it came to the old ultra violence. Not sure if they had any connection to the music industry but David Bailey photographed the wedding of one of them.

Date: January 6, 2022 12:12

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 6, 2022 13:01

Yep. That's them - Ronnie and Reggie. One of them was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic. James Fox also got tips/advice from one of them when preparing for his role in Performance.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 6, 2022 13:12

Mariuana
I read an old story that after Brian left the band, he still could have owned the name "Rolling Stones", was paid pretty much big money but refused to let them use the name. Mick and Keith came up to offer him more but he still would not let them use it because it was his band, he owned the right to it and stuff like this. Keith got angered and pull a knife on him. Then they left and the days after that, Brian was dead.

'I read an old story'....which is utter bullshit.

The band's name was owned by all 5 until Jones was sacked from the band in agreement of a fixed amount of income for as long as the Stones would exist. In 1970 they registered it as a trade mark with the four original members as owners. After Wyman left they rearranged the ownership of Promopub completely so that Jagger, Richards and Watts are directors of the company, owning the rights to all matter Stones.

Mathijs

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 6, 2022 20:44

Mathijs
Mariuana
I read an old story that after Brian left the band, he still could have owned the name "Rolling Stones", was paid pretty much big money but refused to let them use the name. Mick and Keith came up to offer him more but he still would not let them use it because it was his band, he owned the right to it and stuff like this. Keith got angered and pull a knife on him. Then they left and the days after that, Brian was dead.

The band's name was owned by all 5 until Jones was sacked from the band in agreement of a fixed amount of income for as long as the Stones would exist. In 1970 they registered it as a trade mark with the four original members as owners. After Wyman left they rearranged the ownership of Promopub completely so that Jagger, Richards and Watts are directors of the company, owning the rights to all matter Stones.

Mathijs

I thought Ronnie around 1990 became a full member? Is there a difference between being a full member and a full member/owner?

What happened to Charlie's ownership piece? Stay in his family or are Mick and Keith the only owners now?

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 6, 2022 21:06

Mariuana

By 1969, it'd been clear for years that he was not interested in playing with the band anymore. He would barely show up. His part in recording process had gotten so minor it's hard to distinguish sometimes. Why would he want to do that to his former bandmates especially when given money and offered more. He knew how much it meant to them. They weren't close any longer and there were lot of fights between them but I don't believe Brian was such an ass to put a stop to them being "The Rolling Stones".

That story you mention is 100% crap. Brian first of all didn't own the name Rolling Stones any way legally. He only came up with the name (even still without the "g"!) and the others (maybe apart from Ian Stewart) agreed. Brian was the unwritten leader of the band, which basically meant that he was the spokesman for a while. He did some things together with Oldham, who was accepted by all as their manager. Nothing official additionally that would allow for any legal action of any kind.
Off course the whole history is a sad one, that any Stones fan in those days good badly do without. The possitive tone it that after almost 60 years the Rolling Stones are still alive and kicking and ... no real Rolling Stones fan has forgotten Brian. He is just as "alive" as the band itself cool smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 6, 2022 22:48

Brian Jones' House
The 15th Century farmhouse at Hartfield, Sussex,
owned by Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones, the morning
after the musician was found dead in the swimming pool, 3rd July 1969.

ROCKMAN

Date: January 6, 2022 22:54

1969, Hartfield, Ashdown Forest, Sussex

An aerial view of the farmhouse and pool, where
Ex-Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones died
mysteriously while having a midnight swim on 3rd July1969

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 7, 2022 02:11

Rockman

1969, Hartfield, Ashdown Forest, Sussex

An aerial view of the farmhouse and pool, where
Ex-Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones died
mysteriously while having a midnight swim on 3rd July1969

wow...great shot!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 7, 2022 03:35

I am curious as to what legal effect or authority did Mick Keith Charlie and Bill have in firing Brian.Since he started the band what if he fired Mick and Keith in 1969, and replaced them with say Jimmy Page and Rod Stewart. I know it sounds ludicrous but could he have done it. And who had the rights to the name Rolling Stones when he was fired

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 7, 2022 04:08

Taylor1
I am curious as to what legal effect or authority did Mick Keith Charlie and Bill have in firing Brian.Since he started the band what if he fired Mick and Keith in 1969, and replaced them with say Jimmy Page and Rod Stewart. I know it sounds ludicrous but could he have done it. And who had the rights to the name Rolling Stones when he was fired

You're taking a fact and asking a question as if it didn't happen.
He was kicked out and they kept the name.

Date: January 7, 2022 05:07

Anna Wohlin, girlfriend of Brian Jones, and
publicist David Sandison leaving the Londonderry
Hotel for an inquest after Brian Jones death, UK, 3rd July 1969.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 7, 2022 05:31

Taylor1

In an equal share situation, if Mick and Keith were the dysfunctional and "out of it" ones, Brian could have convinced Charlie and Bill to fire and replace them - 3 versus 2. But as we all know, it was actually 4 versus 1.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 7, 2022 09:40

2000 LYFH
Mathijs
Mariuana

Mathijs

I thought Ronnie around 1990 became a full member? Is there a difference between being a full member and a full member/owner?

What happened to Charlie's ownership piece? Stay in his family or are Mick and Keith the only owners now?

I think Ronnie became a full member when Bill left in 1993. They probably didn't want another member to leave and jeopardize the band even further.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 7, 2022 10:56

24FPS
2000 LYFH
Mathijs
Mariuana

Mathijs

I think Ronnie became a full member when Bill left in 1993. They probably didn't want another member to leave and jeopardize the band even further.

You all overlook one thing. When the Rolling Stones quit from DECCA/London Records and Alan Klein, they started their own company, Rolling Stones Records. So instead of "just being a band with a record contract and a manager (which whom "kicked out" in 1967 and replaced by AK, whom they also "kicked out"), the band was now a company ... with four directors (Mick Taylor was on a contract deal). This makes a hell of a difference! Charlie's ownership stays in his family, unless the latter decide differently.

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: January 7, 2022 18:29

Well I read it on the keno's website. I never believed that story. That sounded like an utter BS for me.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 7, 2022 19:31

Rockman

Anna Wohlin, girlfriend of Brian Jones, and
publicist David Sandison leaving the Londonderry
Hotel for an inquest after Brian Jones death, UK, 3rd July 1969.

Wow Rockman, never saw this picture, any other pictures you got I also never saw?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 7, 2022 19:54

2000 LYFH
Wow Rockman, never saw this picture, any other pictures you got I also never saw?

I'll venture a guess he has a lot of pics we never saw - and probably don't want to! eye popping smiley

Date: January 7, 2022 21:38

Tom Keylock, Stones gofer, outside Cotchford Farm
at Hartfield, Sussex, talks to a photographer. 3 July 1969

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 7, 2022 21:43

Bravo, Rockman.

Date: January 7, 2022 23:28

Tom Keylock and Janet Lawson Jacky Shaw - Cotchford Farm July 3, 1969

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-08 00:16 by Rockman.

Date: January 7, 2022 23:40

Tom Keylock, chauffeur and 'fixer' for the Rolling Stones,
talking to Janet Lawson Jacky Shaw, at Cotchford Farm in East Sussex, 3rd July 1969.

Earlier that day, Rolling Stones member
Brian Jones had drowned in the farm's swimming pool.

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-08 00:15 by Rockman.

Date: January 7, 2022 23:47

DandelionPowderman

Godfather worthy.smoking smiley

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: January 8, 2022 00:11

The woman in the picture with Tom is not Janet Lawson. It’s Jacky Shaw. She came to fetch Anna Wohlin. Jacky’s husband Tony Shaw from Enfield drove three guests away from Cotchford the night before,before The Sussex Police arrived. Tony passed away in 2019, Jacky is still around.

Date: January 8, 2022 00:14

Okay Paul .... I'll change

ROCKMAN

Date: January 8, 2022 00:33

Brian Jones' girlfriend Anna Wohlin (left) and another woman, possibly Janet Lawson, Jacky Shaw leave Cotchford Farm in East Sussex, 3rd July 1969.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 8, 2022 01:08

The tall blonde woman is Anna's friend Linda Lorentz.

More details here: [www.facebook.com]

thumbs up

Date: January 8, 2022 01:09

UH OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: January 8, 2022 01:18

Bohnam's selling exhibition of photography
by David Bailey, London, Britain - 08 Mar 2010

(L to R) Mick Jagger (1964) and The Kray Brothers (1965)

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 8, 2022 01:31

Rockman
UH OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always wondered. As the pics of Anna at the inquest show she was like a twig unlike the woman, Linda, at Cotchford.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home