Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Rolling Stone: Life And Death Of Brian Jones
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 30, 2021 22:29

Does the fact that Brian might have the full claim or at least a partial claim to the name of the group , “ The Rolling Stones” factor into any of this.Meaning, could have taken the name with him or demanded greater royalties than he got.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 30, 2021 23:50

Funny though, I am looking at the moment documentary "Nothing Like A Dame" about British actresses Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Eileen Etkins and Joan Plowright, based on pretty much on the 60's, and they use there Stones tunes - "Not Fade Away" and YA-YA'S "Honky Tonk Women" - as a soundtrack. But with Brian Jones documentary that is not possible... I know the reasons (I think), but still it is a bit silly...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-30 23:51 by Doxa.

Date: December 31, 2021 01:35

Doxa
Funny though, I am looking at the moment documentary "Nothing Like A Dame" about British actresses Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Eileen Etkins and Joan Plowright, based on pretty much on the 60's, and they use there Stones tunes - "Not Fade Away" and YA-YA'S "Honky Tonk Women" - as a soundtrack. But with Brian Jones documentary that is not possible... I know the reasons (I think), but still it is a bit silly...

- Doxa

Ironically, they played I'm Not Signifying in this documentary. The Exile Deluxe-version.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-31 11:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 31, 2021 07:02

Mathijs
Kennedy was shot dead by a lone wolf, Brian drowned after taking too many drugs.

Mathijs

Agreed, on both counts!

... Regarding Brian, I see similarities all the time w/ Kurt Cobain, an obvious suicide, and he left a note. And he even tried to kill himself a couple months earlier - so far more proof there than in Brian's case. Yet somehow there are so many out to prove it was murder: "Courtney did it", "Police covered it up", "Police are hiding facts", "Person X or Y had it in for Cobain", "Drug dealers were after him", "Police bundled the crime scene" ... it never ends!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 31, 2021 12:53

The brutal beating of Joan Fitzsimons indicates that Brian was murdered and it was covered up.

Date: December 31, 2021 16:55

Bliss
The brutal beating of Joan Fitzsimons indicates that Brian was murdered and it was covered up.

Yeah, because nobody was ever beaten up unless it was to cover up a murder.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 1, 2022 11:21

I think a brutal beating in which a woman was blinded and left for dead must be pretty rare in that small village. She was known to have been a driver for the Stones and was saying she had information.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 1, 2022 11:23

The plot thickens

Date: January 3, 2022 09:39

Bliss
I think a brutal beating in which a woman was blinded and left for dead must be pretty rare in that small village. She was known to have been a driver for the Stones and was saying she had information.

I don't really know the story, I am just pointing out that it hardly proves anything. Women get beat up by a jealous, controlling ex-boyfriend ... or I assume she was into drugs ... or it could have been revenge of a previous incident.... or some other reason.

Furthermore, if the implication is that she was targeted because she had info, then why didn't they kill her? Or if they thought they did and she lived, they didn't try again. And did she name her attackers? Or see them? Were they identified? Seems a stretch to think she was beaten to cover up info about Brian.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 4, 2022 00:38

Personally, I'm less concerned with the burden of proof than being entertained. If Paul tells me a load of stories about Brian and suggests that the band or those around them behaved like The Corleone Family, I'm interested because it's entertaining. It's the last chance for a shadowy mystique of darkness and danger for a band that most here deride as a Vegas act.

If Mathijs or anyone else cares to debunk the stories, I'm equally interested. Using Mathijs or Doxa as examples, I don't have to agree with their opinions so much as I love reading their passion when stating them. I might think a certain keyboard part is Billy Preston, but someone here is convinced it is Nicky playing clavinet. It makes for interesting reading. I don't distinguish much between conspiracies over Brian or who plays what instrument on a particular track. It's all worthwhile reading because it makes me re-evaluate what I previously thought I knew as fact. It's how the viewpoints are expressed that differ from mine that make visiting here worthwhile.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 4, 2022 01:54

Bliss

Valid observation. But covered up by whom - the police, the courts? How was the decision made that his death was from misadventure? Frank running back to the house to grab a towel while Brian is at the bottom of the pool doesn't look too good. Not sure if any photos (for evidence) were taken of the (possible) crime scene?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 4, 2022 02:06

Didnt someone sell off all the pool tiles for big $$$ bucks ???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 4, 2022 11:43

Bliss

But where did she came up from? A total unknown for 50 years, and now suddenly she was a 'taxi driver' and 'known to drive the Stones around' and 'knows more about the killing of Brian Jones' and 'partner of Frank Thorogood'. I find this amazing. Internet knows only one thing: she was a taxi driver from the Chichester area who was assaulted by her jealous partner, who was then convicted to 4 years jail and after serving his sentence extradited from the UK to his original country.

Mathijs

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 4, 2022 17:23

Doxa

- Doxa

The producers of the Brian Jones documentary couldn't afford the licensing of Stones tracks. Simple. winking smiley

Date: January 4, 2022 17:25

His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

The producers of the Brian Jones documentary couldn't afford the licensing of Stones tracks. Simple. winking smiley

Why did they play I'm Not Signifying, then?

Date: January 4, 2022 17:31

DandelionPowderman

You sure it's the Stones?

If so, I would assume licensing ABKCO Stones costs a lot more than Polydor Stones.

Date: January 4, 2022 18:12

His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

Or the licensing was denied by the holders.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-04 18:13 by Mathijs.

Date: January 4, 2022 18:27

Mathijs

Or the licensing was denied by the holders.

Mathijs

I asked awhile ago, it was costs.

Date: January 4, 2022 18:29

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

You sure it's the Stones?

If so, I would assume licensing ABKCO Stones costs a lot more than Polydor Stones.

Yep, Exile version.

Date: January 4, 2022 18:31

DandelionPowderman

Yep, Exile version.

According to end credits it's Greg Prevost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-05 00:43 by His Majesty.

Date: January 4, 2022 18:31

Mathijs
Bliss

But where did she came up from? A total unknown for 50 years, and now suddenly she was a 'taxi driver' and 'known to drive the Stones around' and 'knows more about the killing of Brian Jones' and 'partner of Frank Thorogood'. I find this amazing. Internet knows only one thing: she was a taxi driver from the Chichester area who was assaulted by her jealous partner, who was then convicted to 4 years jail and after serving his sentence extradited from the UK to his original country.

Mathijs

And to those convinced they attempted to kill her because she "knew something" ... well she didn't die then, and lived until 2001, so she still "knew something" for all those remaining 30+ years, and they didn't try to kill her again?

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Date: January 4, 2022 19:31

LeonidP
Mathijs
Bliss

Mathijs

And to those convinced they attempted to kill her because she "knew something" ... well she didn't die then, and lived until 2001, so she still "knew something" for all those remaining 30+ years, and they didn't try to kill her again?

Sorry, I don't buy it.

But you would be amazed how many people shut up (for good) by just a verbal threat or getting beat up! The Mafia sometimes just breaks your legs and if there is a second time then the cement mixer is bought in...

Date: January 4, 2022 21:17

2000 LYFH
LeonidP
Mathijs
Bliss

Mathijs

Sorry, I don't buy it.

But you would be amazed how many people shut up (for good) by just a verbal threat or getting beat up! The Mafia sometimes just breaks your legs and if there is a second time then the cement mixer is bought in...

Sounds like nonsense, sorry. For one, its not the mafia. And for two, supposedly it was an attempt to kill. Now the person has multiple reasons to get this person locked up, info on a previous death, and now attempted murder. The mafia is not going to count on a person being now too scared to talk and leave it to chance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-04 21:17 by LeonidP.

Date: January 4, 2022 23:37

ROCKMAN

Date: January 5, 2022 18:40

2000 LYFH
LeonidP
Mathijs
Bliss

Mathijs

Sorry, I don't buy it.

That happens a lot in movies, yes.

Mathijs

Date: January 5, 2022 22:39

.... relax ....
due to Covid theres a shortage of cement-mixer drivers ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: January 5, 2022 23:57

I read an old story that after Brian left the band, he still could have owned the name "Rolling Stones", was paid pretty much big money but refused to let them use the name. Mick and Keith came up to offer him more but he still would not let them use it because it was his band, he owned the right to it and stuff like this. Keith got angered and pull a knife on him. Then they left and the days after that, Brian was dead.

By 1969, it'd been clear for years that he was not interested in playing with the band anymore. He would barely show up. His part in recording process had gotten so minor it's hard to distinguish sometimes. Why would he want to do that to his former bandmates especially when given money and offered more. He knew how much it meant to them. They weren't close any longer and there were lot of fights between them but I don't believe Brian was such an ass to put a stop to them being "The Rolling Stones".

Date: January 6, 2022 00:31

And where did you read that?

Date: January 6, 2022 01:02

Mathijs
2000 LYFH
LeonidP
Mathijs
Bliss

Mathijs

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Mathijs

You spelled Documentaries wrong....smoking smiley But we all know that organization really doesn't exist...

Date: January 6, 2022 11:41

2000 LYFH
Mathijs
2000 LYFH
LeonidP
Mathijs
Bliss

Mathijs

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Mathijs

You spelled Documentaries wrong....smoking smiley But we all know that organization really doesn't exist...

I don't want to be a fly in the ointment here, but we're talking about England in the 60s.

I reckon the UK mafia was on par with the UK Angels, compared to what was going on in the US and in Italy smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home