Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The (remaining) Byrds Take The Money Flight
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 23, 2021 17:48

There's gold in them thar hills. Boomer nostalgia, what a lucrative market. Yeah, I know I'm being a tad snarky. I wonder if the remaining members all actually got together to work on this since Crosby has said many a time that former bandmates generally will no longer have anything to do with him. Imagine what the Stones could do with a similar set-up.

[www.rockcellarmagazine.com]

Re: OT: The (remaining) Byrds Take The Money Flight
Date: December 23, 2021 18:42

More here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 24, 2021 13:50

dmay
There's gold in them thar hills. Boomer nostalgia, what a lucrative market. Yeah, I know I'm being a tad snarky. I wonder if the remaining members all actually got together to work on this since Crosby has said many a time that former bandmates generally will no longer have anything to do with him. Imagine what the Stones could do with a similar set-up.

[www.rockcellarmagazine.com]

If the Sweetheart of the Rodeo 50th anniversary tour was a clever way for McGuinn and Hillman to have a Byrds reunion without having to involve Crosby, this book is a clever way for all three of them to be involved in a Byrds project without actually having to see one another. My guess is they only spoke on the phone or communicated by email.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 24, 2021 20:18

Anyone that uses the word "boomer" tends to be a total ****.

Will anyone actually buy this book that is priced at either $475 or €1700?

You would think not, but there are a lot of mugs out there. Some that post on this forum paid thousands to watch The Stones play the last gig of their tour.

There is one born every single day.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 24, 2021 22:08

strat72

You would think not, but there are a lot of mugs out there. Some that post on this forum paid thousands to watch The Stones play the last gig of their tour.

Cheers.. from a boomer mug smileys with beer

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 24, 2021 22:42

strat72

Even on the Byrds fan page that I sometimes post on, I haven't encountered anyone who actually admits to buying the $1700 version (which seems to be identical to the $475 version except that it comes with an exclusive photograph of one Byrd of your choice taken by a famous photographer, and no I'm not making that up), though a number of people have said they will fork over the $475. But I would say that the majority will be buying the much more reasonably priced non-autographed standard edition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-24 22:45 by tatters.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: December 24, 2021 22:56

MisterDDDD
strat72

Cheers.. from a boomer mug smileys with beer

Well said my friend. Right on the money. Different people will spend money on different kinds of purchases and think nothing of it. We should not judge which forms of expenditure are valid, and which are not. Every individual is entitled to their own choices. I would never spend the amount of money many people on this forum have spent, to hear The Stones play the same tracks over and over. But for those good people, being there to hear Start Me Up for the umpteenth time live, is a truly beautiful experience. Good luck to them. And may they continue enjoying such occasions for as long as they - and The Stones - wish..

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 25, 2021 00:38

They are not $475 worth interesting. They're story and their photos could easily be handled in hardback for $29.95, plus discount. Free at the library.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: December 25, 2021 00:47

$9.95 at Barnes & Noble

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 25, 2021 01:33

Re using the term "boomer" in my post, my point exactly. These Byrds items are something that's aimed at my particular age group like many other bands nostalgic minutiae and shows. Glory Days indeed. I, one of this age (boomer) group, am more than willing to mock My Generation endlessly and call out our bullsh*t. We were gonna change the world (hello Graham Nash). Alas, regarding much, as someone has posted, much sits on the remainder shelves at Barnes and Noble. And, though they are corporate, I love going to Barnes and Noble and any bookstore still standing and departing with money in such places rather than giving it to the the Empire.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home