Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie's autobiography
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 21, 2021 22:32

...should be called "I, Ron Wood".

Get it? >grinning smiley<

Re: Ronnie's autobiography
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 21, 2021 22:50

Iron Wood .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 21, 2021 23:14

I never believed that story about Ronnie sitting between Mick Taylor & Mick Jagger and Taylor leans across him to tell Jagger he’s leaving the group. Then the ensuing conversation where Jagger asks him to join 5 mins later.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 21, 2021 23:41

Me neither .... it was at least 10 minutes later

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 22, 2021 00:01

Lots of "fake news" in this book.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 22, 2021 00:22

I bought it when it was released, but I still haven't read it.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 22, 2021 11:40

It’s the book whereby we learn that Ronnie was to be a founding member of Led Zeppelin, I think. It’s an enjoyable read, if I recollect, but it’s largely fiction.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 22, 2021 12:34

I thought it was like going to the pub with Ronnie & having him regale you with stories.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 22, 2021 14:46

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-22 14:47 by Doxa.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 22, 2021 17:40

Rockman
Iron Wood .....

I run wood?

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: December 22, 2021 20:48

crholmstrom
I thought it was like going to the pub with Ronnie & having him regale you with stories.

This is what I have always felt about the book. Fun read but not one you could really use for academic reference!

Date: December 22, 2021 22:24

Haha, I didn't even realize there was already an autobiography smoking smiley

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: December 22, 2021 22:28

there is one already?

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 22, 2021 22:44

Only interested in the Ekaterina Ivanova years.

Date: December 22, 2021 23:51

Hairball

I’ll stick with “lots of lies” in this book.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: December 23, 2021 00:06

Hairball

Like in «Life».

Date: December 23, 2021 01:01

bobo
Hairball

Like in «Life».

Muddy Waters painting the roof at chess.... Even Muddy didn’t remember that one.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 23, 2021 04:10

A fun read but even aside from the tall tales, it wouldn't have dented his bank balance much to have employed a half decent fact checker

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 23, 2021 12:57

Gazza
A fun read but even aside from the tall tales, it wouldn't have dented his bank balance much to have employed a half decent fact checker

thumbs up

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: December 23, 2021 13:37

Paddy
I never believed that story about Ronnie sitting between Mick Taylor & Mick Jagger and Taylor leans across him to tell Jagger he’s leaving the group. Then the ensuing conversation where Jagger asks him to join 5 mins later.

I think the whole story stinks. In 1975 the Stones already were a million dollar band. Not a garage band where you tell your bandmates you're quiting over a couple of beers in the pub. You don't leave a band that big on someone's birthday party.

My two cents: Taylor was already fed up and something happened on that party, causing him to quit right away. Some kind of argument. I cannot believe that it was a well-considered decision.

If Jagger asked Ronnie 5 minutes later, they would not have to organize auditions for the job either...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 23, 2021 14:05

In all fairness to Ronnie's memories, he was pretty drunk/wasted for many years.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 23, 2021 14:41

Elmo Lewis
In all fairness to Ronnie's memories, he was pretty drunk/wasted for many years.

So was Keith....but his book is more embellished truths than complete b...err... nonsense.grinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 23, 2021 16:36

WorriedAboutYou
Only interested in the Ekaterina Ivanova years.

Not the healthiest of times for either, I suspect.

Date: December 23, 2021 16:51

tiffanyblu
there is one already?

Apparently, based on most of the comments.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 23, 2021 20:36

Koen
Haha, I didn't even realize there was already an autobiography smoking smiley

[www.amazon.nl]

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 23, 2021 21:00

Spud
Elmo Lewis

So was Keith....but his book is more embellished truths than complete b...err... nonsense.grinning smiley

First and most important goal is to achieve big, big sales. Keith's life was already very colourfull (off course one of the colours was black), so with little publicity is was bound to become a bestseller. But .... the truth is sometimes harder than fiction, so fiction was also part of the content. I read the book over the years three times, simply because it was fun reading it. But ... Mick Avory was never a Rollin(g) Stone. Tony Chapman is clearly washed away from history for whatever reason. But you can't fool history. The truth surfaces again and again. Again, the reading was fun, but with a cynical smile from time to time.

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Meryl03 ()
Date: December 23, 2021 22:46

ribbelchips
Paddy

I think the whole story stinks. In 1975 the Stones already were a million dollar band. Not a garage band where you tell your bandmates you're quiting over a couple of beers in the pub. You don't leave a band that big on someone's birthday party.

My two cents: Taylor was already fed up and something happened on that party, causing him to quit right away. Some kind of argument. I cannot believe that it was a well-considered decision.

If Jagger asked Ronnie 5 minutes later, they would not have to organize auditions for the job either...

Taylor called the Rolling Stones office about a week before who told Mick Jagger and Bill on the phone.

Bill: "Anna Menzies called me from our office. 'Mick Taylor phoned me to say he's leaving the band,' she said. 'I said that perhaps he should tell you - I think he wanted me to do it.' "

Mick Jagger: "I was in Managua, Nicaragua, at the time checking out on how the benefit was doing when I received a call from the office that Mick Taylor wasn't coming to the Munich sessions. Then I received a call saying Mick Taylor wasn't going anywhere anymore with the Stones. So...well, I couldn't really discuss the whys and wherefores on a telephone line between Nicaragua and London with Mick, so I flew back to London. We went to the Clapton concert together and then a party at Robert Stigwood's and had a heart-to-heart there and everything."

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: December 23, 2021 23:07

Ronnie did a pretty lame book a while back called Ronnie. He is not great with facts if he was involved. As an example he was not at Hyde Park 69. He was in Detroit that day

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-23 23:08 by dadrob.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 24, 2021 00:16

dadrob
Ronnie did a pretty lame book a while back called Ronnie. He is not great with facts if he was involved. As an example he was not at Hyde Park 69. He was in Detroit that day

I read one a few years back that was laughable with its timeline. Did he write a second one? The first one wasn't full of crap enough?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home