Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Eric Church Gimmie Shelter
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 16, 2021 22:50

Not sure if there's alot of country fans around here... saw him Live in Vancouver Oct 29th Great show! kick ass band - Back up singer Joanna Cotten was amazing. I just wish they covered this that night would have put it right over the top.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Eric Church Gimmie Shelter
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 16, 2021 23:20

A friend I worked with went to that show, she said it was excellent. I'd never heard of him previously.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: December 17, 2021 03:18

I think he sucks. Listen to Isbell.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 17, 2021 09:16

Awful cover. The music is okish, but the vocals suck big time.

Date: December 17, 2021 11:28

Horrific vocals. OK band.

Date: December 17, 2021 19:35

Lol - hey kv915 retired_dog and DandelionPowderman when was the last time you guys sold out an arena?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 17, 2021 20:51

Was his guitar plugged in? Looked like an accessory to me. And, c’mon now, you know the vocals are sub-par. Good music. Ok performance. Sold out crowds do not mean the musicianship and vocals are elite. Pretty sure Beyoncé and BTS sell out and they don’t even play or write their own lyrics for the most part.

Date: December 17, 2021 21:51

lol ok you got me...

OT: Eric Church
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 17, 2021 22:11

Honky Tonk Women from that same show.Chuck Leavell was sitting in.

Re: OT: Eric Church
Posted by: quarkie ()
Date: December 17, 2021 22:24

what is that supposed to be?

Date: December 17, 2021 22:38

He obviously had Chuck sit in on this tour date and they decided to do a couple of stones songs... in his own Eric Church way

That's what its supposed to be

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 17, 2021 23:53

Terrible

Re: OT: Eric Church
Date: December 18, 2021 01:39

quarkie
what is that supposed to be?

A close contender for "Muppet Show - Next Generation"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 18, 2021 06:58

umakmehrd
Lol - hey kv915 retired_dog and DandelionPowderman when was the last time you guys sold out an arena?

Ahhh!

A new IORR strawman!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 18, 2021 15:57

Poseurs.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 18, 2021 16:36

started off promising until he opened his mouth...unlistenable.

Date: December 18, 2021 16:47

Looks like the unanimous vote of the IORR expert jury is "no good, no good"! Thumbs down - at least so far. Any defenders out there? Last call!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-18 16:50 by retired_dog.

Date: December 18, 2021 18:00

Interesting note the guitar player is Jeff Cease from Black crowes original line up.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 18, 2021 18:06

Any chance folks here could just have a simple, sincere appreciation for an act paying homage to an epic track originally laid down in 1969?? I always view this as great respect for what's come before. What nobody is supposed to cover The Rolling Stones? The greatest compliment in my view and why their relevancy remains unbelievably second to almost no one. This always warms up my Stone's pride and why I've always remained a wing nut fan.

All the negativity here really gives me pause and the thought to just take a break from IORR. As much as I'm so grateful for BV's platform/efforts to experience all things related to my favorite band - as well as all the other cool elements to this site/board, it's just to a point of continual negativity that's wearing me out in an oh so ragged fashion.

Sorry for the venting, send the bill to my therapist.

Date: December 18, 2021 18:19

No BN78 you are the Therapist - well said

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 18, 2021 19:16

It's not that we can't appreciate someone or a band paying homage to the Stones music - even a song from way back in 1969. It's that this homage by Church is really pretty lame. It's someone saying through their cover, "Look at me. I'm a rock star 'cause I'm doing a Stones song." From the flag draped around his neck, the karaoke guitar playing he does, his stage moves, Church is a wannabe here, "all hat no cattle" as the saying goes. Saying this I guess can be considered negativity by some, but it's all part of different strokes for different folks as Sly and The Family Stone once sang.

Date: December 18, 2021 20:33

BN78
Any chance folks here could just have a simple, sincere appreciation for an act paying homage to an epic track originally laid down in 1969?? I always view this as great respect for what's come before. What nobody is supposed to cover The Rolling Stones? The greatest compliment in my view and why their relevancy remains unbelievably second to almost no one. This always warms up my Stone's pride and why I've always remained a wing nut fan.

All the negativity here really gives me pause and the thought to just take a break from IORR. As much as I'm so grateful for BV's platform/efforts to experience all things related to my favorite band - as well as all the other cool elements to this site/board, it's just to a point of continual negativity that's wearing me out in an oh so ragged fashion.

Sorry for the venting, send the bill to my therapist.

Would you like us all to hold hands too?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 18, 2021 21:36

Saw him open for Seger once, was ok, nothing special. Like a few other folks said, seems like a poseur, and also agree with listening to Jason Isbell instead.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 19, 2021 00:00

umakmehrd

For the record I like country music (Bro-Country annoys me); however, the implication of your argument is flawed. New Kids on the Block, *NSYNC, Bon Jovi, Luke Bryan, and a whole host of other crap bands/acts sell out arenas. Still doesn’t make them good, just commercially successful.

I’ll second the go listen to Isbell sentiment.

[m.youtube.com]

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-19 00:02 by rattler2004.

Date: December 19, 2021 00:19

That was not my argument I was being sarcastic… with all the negative comments

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 19, 2021 17:26

umakmehrd
That was not my argument I was being sarcastic… with all the negative comments

I was not being negative.

Sarcasm doesn’t work well on a message board.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 19, 2021 18:57

I really like Eric Church.
Mr. Misunderstood is one of my favourite albums of the last 15 years.

But he isn’t the greatest singer… Also in this clip…just not very good. And his macho attitude is laughable.
And why does he support Morgan Wallen? That racist country-bro (Wallen) represents everything that is wrong with Nashville.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 19, 2021 21:13

There was a song of his from about a decade ago I remember hearing on the country radio station about loving mustard on his french fries, but other than that haven't heard anything else from him.
He seems to be a harmless country bumpkin who plays watered down contemporary country music, but he really needs to keep his distance from Stones songs.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 19, 2021 21:18

BowieStone
I really like Eric Church.
Mr. Misunderstood is one of my favourite albums of the last 15 years.

But he isn’t the greatest singer… Also in this clip…just not very good. And his macho attitude is laughable.
And why does he support Morgan Wallen? That racist country-bro (Wallen) represents everything that is wrong with Nashville.

Wallen is trash.

Date: December 20, 2021 04:41

Hairball
There was a song of his from about a decade ago I remember hearing on the country radio station about loving mustard on his french fries, but other than that haven't heard anything else from him.
He seems to be a harmless country bumpkin who plays watered down contemporary country music, but he really needs to keep his distance from Stones songs.

Actually I agree with this. If you're going to do a Stones song you better be damn good at it.

The music was fine, his vocals were crappy.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home