Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: MOJO Jan 2022 issue : The Rolling Stones - Life After Charlie
Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: December 17, 2021 19:29

Aquamarine
OK, so the Stones have got an original frontman and guitarist and another longterm guitarist, and the Beatles have got an original bass player and almost-original drummer, could the next phase be . . ??

Just kidding *runs away quick*

That's a nice dream. But they have to do it quickly - time waits for no one

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 18, 2021 00:46

TheGreek
Aquamarine
OK, so the Stones have got an original frontman and guitarist and another longterm guitarist, and the Beatles have got an original bass player and almost-original drummer, could the next phase be . . ??

Just kidding *runs away quick*
The noteworthy difference being the Beatles have not been active as a band since when they recorded Abby Road (8/20/69 being the final time the Fab Four worked together ) and disbanded .

It was a joke, my Greek friend.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 18, 2021 01:14

Once again, Bill should've been on that cover shot and not intentionally cut out of it...or else just pick another pic from post Wyman. It just gets old to me.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 18, 2021 04:57

shadooby
Once again, Bill should've been on that cover shot and not intentionally cut out of it...or else just pick another pic from post Wyman. It just gets old to me.

Agree - it's insulting.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 18, 2021 06:33

Hairball
shadooby

Agree - it's insulting.

Second that.

Although somewhat understandable in regard to post-Wyman Rolling Stones, media wise, but in regard with the legacy ie set lists... how long was it 6 or 5? 30 years? Is that correct? Seems right. Maybe it depends on when Bill was done and when it was acknowledged he was done but if we go by 1993 then it's been 28 years - but 30 since he last recorded as a Rolling Stone.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 18, 2021 06:45

GasLightStreet
Hairball
shadooby

Agree - it's insulting.

Second that.

Although somewhat understandable in regard to post-Wyman Rolling Stones, media wise, but in regard with the legacy ie set lists... how long was it 6 or 5? 30 years? Is that correct? Seems right. Maybe it depends on when Bill was done and when it was acknowledged he was done but if we go by 1993 then it's been 28 years - but 30 since he last recorded as a Rolling Stone.

At what point has Darryl been in the band longer than Bill? We must be getting close to that point? Ronnie's already far past that point.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2021 07:00

Has Bill ever complained .....

Yas all shouldnt take it so hard ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 18, 2021 07:02

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Hairball
shadooby

Agree - it's insulting.

Second that.

At what point has Darryl been in the band longer than Bill? We must be getting close to that point? Ronnie's already far past that point.

He hasn't. Maybe. Darryl joined in 1993. Exact date or overall? Probably both are still under for Darryl Jones.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 18, 2021 09:40

Bill has expressed his annoyance over the 50 years gigs and limited to 2 numbers and not having time to rehearse etc.The only reason he has not complained about the omissions from pictures is because his lips are sealed by legalities.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 18, 2021 16:11

stargroover
Bill has expressed his annoyance over the 50 years gigs and limited to 2 numbers and not having time to rehearse etc.The only reason he has not complained about the omissions from pictures is because his lips are sealed by legalities.

He also expressed his annoyance at the way Darryl Jones plays bass on Miss You, and I'd agree it can be annoying, especially the misplaced buzzkill of his bass solo.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: December 21, 2021 15:57

Thanks for the heads up BV!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 21, 2021 16:07

Hairball
shadooby

Agree - it's insulting.

Are The Stones the publishers/editors of the magazine now?

Rod

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: January 22, 2022 02:46

SomeTorontoGirl
Lovely, thanks Bjornulf. I recognize some of those Nashville fans, am sure they’ll be thrilled to be in the article.
My husband, Bill Wilson and I (Karen) are in the Nashville photo, along with Lewis Winburn and Josie Crawford. Jordan Samata is behind us.

I picked up 2 magazines at Barnes and Noble.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 22, 2022 04:34

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Hairball
shadooby

Agree - it's insulting.

Second that.

He hasn't. Maybe. Darryl joined in 1993. Exact date or overall? Probably both are still under for Darryl Jones.

Legally, Darryl hadn't joined in 1993 and hasn't joined until now. He is still a hired hand (and sounds like that imo).

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 22, 2022 05:38

Shine A Light
SomeTorontoGirl
Lovely, thanks Bjornulf. I recognize some of those Nashville fans, am sure they’ll be thrilled to be in the article.
My husband, Bill Wilson and I (Karen) are in the Nashville photo, along with Lewis Winburn and Josie Crawford. Jordan Samata is behind us.

I picked up 2 magazines at Barnes and Noble.

Karen, of course, I recognized you and Bill! Thanks for posting.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1964
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home