Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Depp Keith Richards Movie ?
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 11, 2021 21:50

Are they still friends or is this project being stopped for some kind of reason ?
From Entertainment website
Given these two enthusiasms, it was perhaps only a matter of time before Mr. Depp got round to making a documentary about Mr. Richards, which is exactly what he is now in the process of doing. “It’s coming along great,” says the actor of his second directing gig, after 1997’s drama, The Brave. “Any time that he’s got a minute, any time I’ve got a minute. We’ve done one, let’s say, installment that was fairly intense. We shot for a few days, and we got 35 hours of footage. That’s me and Keith sitting and talking in a room that’s very, you know, apropos of Keith. We’re sitting on couches, having a drink, and talking.”

In addition to the interview footage, the as-yet untitled film will also contain performance material featuring Richards, members of his band, the X-Pensive Winos, and famous guests. “We had Patti Smith, which was miraculous, we had Norah Jones, and I think there’s going to be a few more,” says Depp, “I think we’ve probably got two more installments [to film] and then we’ll start cutting it together.”

The documentary will be the third movie collaboration between Depp and Richards. The pair both appeared in 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End and will reunite in the forthcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. “It was perfection!” says Depp of working with Richards on the latter project, which is due out May 20.

Although the Richards documentary has no release date as yet, Depp says the film will definitely get a theatrical run of some sort. That would befit a movie which was shot by Pirates cinematographer Dariusz Wolski and which, according to Depp, looks like a “a cross between The Godfather and a painting by (famed 17th century Italian artist) Caravaggio. It’s really something to see Keith in that atmosphere.”

For more about On Stranger Tides, and all the rest of the stuff you’ll be watching, hearing, and reading in 2011, pick up the new 2011 Preview! issue of Entertainment Weekly, which hits stands today.

Re: The Depp Keith Richards Movie
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 11, 2021 22:09

That Entertainment Weekly interview is from 2011.

[ew.com]

10 years later the film still hasn't surfaced, and seems likely it never will.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-11 22:10 by bye bye johnny.

Re: The Depp Keith Richards Movie ?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 11, 2021 22:12

Think it was Ian McLagan who said
that for the doco Keith wrote and performed
a country song very much in the style of a Louvin Bros number

ROCKMAN

Date: December 11, 2021 22:15

Yeah doubt well see the doco
something musta gone wrong in the camp ...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 11, 2021 22:19

It was indeed Mac (RIP) who said that.

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

Presumably the song was "Robbed Blind", which later appeared on 'Crosseyed Heart'.

Date: December 11, 2021 22:47

Hey yeah thats it ....Fanks johnny ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 12, 2021 09:25

It will surface one day for sure

Date: December 12, 2021 09:27

They said that about the Titanic ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 13, 2021 12:55

stargroover

It will surface one day for sure

And its content will then be as exact as in the 'Life' book .... (facts fiction) winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 13, 2021 13:21

I would love to see this project be released . Johnny Depp has a cool commercial out now for Sauvage -The New Elixir , as he is rocking what looks like to be a metal front Les Paul type instrument and he has a wall of amps and some wolves and he is laying down some taste licks ! Sure can play !

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 13, 2021 14:03

If there's a lot of original footage of Keith in the movie, presumably Johnny Depp would need his permission to use it and if there has been a falling out, then he probably isn't going to get that. Pity.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: December 13, 2021 14:57

TheGreek
Johnny Depp has a cool commercial out now for Sauvage -The New Elixir , as he is rocking what looks like to be a metal front Les Paul type instrument and he has a wall of amps and some wolves and he is laying down some taste licks ! Sure can play !

If he plays that "Wild Thing" riff himself (which I tend to doubt, at least in this commercial). smileys with beer

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: December 13, 2021 15:11

TheGreek
I would love to see this project be released . Johnny Depp has a cool commercial out now for Sauvage -The New Elixir , as he is rocking what looks like to be a
metal front Les Paul type instrument[/b] and he has a wall of amps and some wolves and he is laying down some taste licks ! Sure can play !

James Trussart Guitar

Regarding the movie - I guess that Johnny and Keith had a serious argument.
Nobody had seen or heard of them doing something together for years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-13 15:21 by Phil Good.

Date: December 13, 2021 19:37

Phil Good
TheGreek
I would love to see this project be released . Johnny Depp has a cool commercial out now for Sauvage -The New Elixir , as he is rocking what looks like to be a
metal front Les Paul type instrument[/b] and he has a wall of amps and some wolves and he is laying down some taste licks ! Sure can play !

James Trussart Guitar

Regarding the movie - I guess that Johnny and Keith had a serious argument.
Nobody had seen or heard of them doing something together for years.
Good eye on the name of the metal front Les Paul type guitar!

Date: December 13, 2021 19:39

Fillmore
TheGreek
Johnny Depp has a cool commercial out now for Sauvage -The New Elixir , as he is rocking what looks like to be a metal front Les Paul type instrument and he has a wall of amps and some wolves and he is laying down some taste licks ! Sure can play !

If he plays that "Wild Thing" riff himself (which I tend to doubt, at least in this commercial). smileys with beer
Wild Thing is so easy to play and plus Johnny Depp is in the Hollywood Vampires . So he does know his way around a guitar .

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 13, 2021 19:49

the bromance was a horrible narcism trip for both of them and I applaud Keith for recognizing that and getting off

Date: December 13, 2021 21:24

Nikkei
the bromance was a horrible narcism trip for both of them and I applaud Keith for recognizing that and getting off
Keith is just being himself . I am sure they will probably reconnect when the next Pirates movie starts filming .

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 13, 2021 21:27

Johnny Depp has been cancelled in Hollywood grinning smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: December 13, 2021 21:27

It was filmed at a time when Keith was not necessarily in a great place ? Maybe best not shown

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 13, 2021 22:05

TheGreek
Nikkei
Keith is just being himself . I am sure they will probably reconnect when the next Pirates movie starts filming .

I doubt Keith wants to have any connections with someone who is violent towards women.

Date: December 13, 2021 22:20

EJM

It was filmed at a time when Keith was not necessarily in a great place ?

In 2013 it was said: "Johnny Depp has finally finished filming a documentary about rock legend Keith Richards after four years of hard work" - [www.Express.co.uk] .

In 2018 it was said: "Depp tells me, he’s halfway done with a Keith Richards documentary which is tentatively titled 'Happy' " - [www.RollingStone.com] .

From the above article by the Express:

"Actually, it's a little strange to call it a documentary, it's more an opportunity to experience Keith - as people don't get to see him because he's quite a mysterious being. Essentially it's Keith and I sitting around having a conversation and what it boils down to is his wisdom and his philosophy and his experiences - and that would be cut with footage of his life."

Date: December 14, 2021 01:16

TheGreek
Nikkei

Keith didn't appear in the last film, 2017's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales".

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 14, 2021 01:45

Hollywood and Johnny Depp tired of each other. The Kentucky actor somehow has a pretentious accent, ala Madonna in Londown. Netflix released a more recent documentary on Richards. Maybe that was Keith's way of deep sixing the Depp effort.

Date: December 14, 2021 02:00

24FPS

Netflix released a more recent documentary on Richards.

"Keith Richards: Under the Influence" (2015) - [www.Netflix.com] :

[www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 14, 2021 02:39

News on Depp:

[insidethemagic.net]

Still selling Sauvage cologne, but fired from Pirates movie series...

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-14 02:42 by angee.

Date: December 14, 2021 03:19

It all kinda kick started when he came to
Aussie Land and the Pistol & Boo incident .....

Shes a tuff land down here ... some just dont survive ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 14, 2021 03:38

Rockman
…Shes a tuff land down here ... some just dont survive ...

Tuff? Your animals have pockets, FFS! winking smiley

Date: December 14, 2021 03:47

... and they can box like hell ....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 14, 2021 03:49

Left: Pommie guy after 2 cans of Fosters ... Kangaroo on right

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 14, 2021 04:38

Hairball
TheGreek
Nikkei

I doubt Keith wants to have any connections with someone who is violent towards women.

besides brian

but i understand what you mean

i like a lot of depp's films but the man himself is a bit of a scumbag

maybe keith kinda noticed that or was witness to that side of him and decided he had enough of people like him and decided to cut ties

still i'd love to see the footage he shot

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home