Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

i met dominique tarlé in paris
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 10, 2021 23:15

i was in paris some weeks ago strolling through le marais when i suddenly saw a blackandwhite photo of charlie in the window of a very small gallery. went in and there were all this exile-prints, some of them huge. the gallerist said that dominique would be signing the new edition of his book in the afternoon. so later i met this sweet guy, and since there was almost no one there, i had the chance to chat with him for about 15 minutes. it was very interesting, how he got into photography and how he got to know everybody from the stones to zeppelin, etc. basicaly he was just at a john mayalls bb show in london 68 and when they took a break in the set he startet talking to them, they invited him to the studio next day, thats how he got to know mick taylor, etc, etc. what i didnt know, that he only wanted to take pictures at nellcote for one afternoon but as he wanted to leave in the evening, keith said "where are you going? your bed is ready!"
"I STAYED 6 MONTH!" he said and even 50 years later as he tells this story with a huge smile i could see that he somehow still cant believe what happened to him back then! great guy!!! thats the gallery, dominique comes there from time to time: [www.lagaleriedelinstant.com]

Re: i met dominique tarlé in paris
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 10, 2021 23:24

thank you for sharing that

he does seem like a nice fellow

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 11, 2021 01:18

guitarbastard
i was in paris some weeks ago strolling through le marais when i suddenly saw a blackandwhite photo of charlie in the window of a very small gallery. went in and there were all this exile-prints, some of them huge. the gallerist said that dominique would be signing the new edition of his book in the afternoon. so later i met this sweet guy, and since there was almost no one there, i had the chance to chat with him for about 15 minutes. it was very interesting, how he got into photography and how he got to know everybody from the stones to zeppelin, etc. basicaly he was just at a john mayalls bb show in london 68 and when they took a break in the set he startet talking to them, they invited him to the studio next day, thats how he got to know mick taylor, etc, etc. what i didnt know, that he only wanted to take pictures at nellcote for one afternoon but as he wanted to leave in the evening, keith said "where are you going? your bed is ready!"
"I STAYED 6 MONTH!" he said and even 50 years later as he tells this story with a huge smile i could see that he somehow still cant believe what happened to him back then! great guy!!! thats the gallery, dominique comes there from time to time: [www.lagaleriedelinstant.com]

Nice story guitarbastard...thanks

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: December 11, 2021 06:27

Thank you for sharing! What an amazing life he's had! I hope you got a few books, prints signed by him! Lucky you!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 11, 2021 07:27

Wonderful true story, thanks, guitarbastard.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 11, 2021 13:15

Yeah I talked to him at the same place a few years ago. Very friendly and talkative guy. He told me some first hand stories of Tony Sanchez that were pretty chillin' too !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: December 11, 2021 16:31

I talked to him at the same place in Paris when Exile reissue was out. I do realize that it was ten years ago ...

I asked what he thought about "Exile on Main Street: A Season in Hell with the Rolling Stones" by Robert Greenfield. He told me that he was not involved or refused to participate (I do not remember exactly) to that project as the author was much more interested in drugs and fiesta than music.

He told me that the main spirit there was "passion for doing great music". That point, I do remember it well.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 11, 2021 18:52

gotdablouse
He told me some first hand stories of Tony Sanchez that were pretty chillin' too !

Please share! grinning smiley
To me he only said Tony had the IQ of an oyster. And note how he's been completely erased of the Nellcote story in Geir Hørnes' book... winking smiley

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 18, 2021 04:04

welcome! yeah bought 2 signed books, one for a good friend of mine. i even thought about buying a print, but the bigger ones were 6000 euro for 1/50. and the smaller ones aprox. 20cm x 15 cm were a 1000 euros, but those were not famous fotos, rather outtakes. so after all, as much as i would love to have one, too much for my budget...

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 18, 2021 07:00

smileys with beer

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 18, 2021 11:07

dcba
gotdablouse
He told me some first hand stories of Tony Sanchez that were pretty chillin' too !

To me he only said Tony had the IQ of an oyster. And note how he's been completely erased of the Nellcote story in Geir Hørnes' book... winking smiley

yes please share

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: December 28, 2021 14:33

dcba
gotdablouse

To me he only said Tony had the IQ of an oyster.

I guess they didn't like each other... I'm 3/4 done reading Tony's book right now and he only mentioned "some French photographer" once so far!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home