Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Charlie Watts tribute - London, December 6
Date: December 7, 2021 20:30

JDSAM1994
Gazza
JDSAM1994
What about Mick Taylor? Or did he get the usual Rolling Stones shaft

What has it got to do with the Stones? They didnt organise the event. Charlie's daughter and granddaughter did.

I think he was in the band during their golden era that’s all

But The Stones didn't organise this, nor did they invite people to the event.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 7, 2021 20:31

A nice tribute for Charlie. thumbs up

I bet Charlie would have liked Mick Taylor to be there as he always talked very fondly of that era of the band - specifically the guitar playing of Mick Taylor.
And glad Bill was there, but also understandable why he didn't play after the odd treatment he received during his guest appearances in 2012.

RIP Charlie.

Date: December 7, 2021 20:44

Taylor wasn't there, according to Ben Waters. So it will be true.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: December 7, 2021 20:44

Gazza
TheflyingDutchman
Gazza
JDSAM1994

What has it got to do with the Stones? They didnt organise the event. Charlie's daughter and granddaughter did.

What has Mick Taylor to do with the Stones.. and or their family.. Everything because he was a member once. I remember a picture were Mick Taylor walked with Charlie's daughter and / or granddaughter when he played in Holland (pinkpop) with the Stones. They went along very well.

Then unless anyone seriously believes that the Stones only agreed to turn up on the condition that Taylor didnt, I'd suggest they take up his non appearance up with Charlie's family

Might be better to take up his non-appearance with himself. Who knows if he was invited or aware of the tribute. I'm sure he was very welcome had he turned up (not his amp), but he might be a bit rusty to perform and travelling during lockdown times is a drag unless a limo picked him up.

Date: December 7, 2021 20:49

A limo from Holland to England. That would have been a nice entré smiling smiley

Date: December 7, 2021 21:03

DandelionPowderman
A limo from Holland to England. That would have been a nice entré smiling smiley

Would be easy to go there by car. Everybody has an international QR-code, passing the tunnel to England.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-07 21:04 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 7, 2021 21:04

Rolling Stones Salute Late Charlie Watts at Secret Tribute Show

--->>> [ultimateclassicrock.com]

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-07 22:40 by Rockman.

Date: December 7, 2021 21:05

Unbelievable.

Even for a tribute some have to be negative about it.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 7, 2021 21:58

georgemcdonnell314
Unbelievable.

Even for a tribute some have to be negative about it.

Right??
Have to laugh.. it's like a career for some.

Segueing from a perceived (delusional) MT snub right into Bill Wyman.
Points for an active imagination tho . Lol.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 7, 2021 22:07

Green Lady
TheflyingDutchman
Gazza
JDSAM1994

What has Mick Taylor to do with the Stones.. and or their family.. Everything because he was a member once. I remember a picture were Mick Taylor walked with Charlie's daughter and / or granddaughter when he played in Holland (pinkpop) with the Stones. They went along very well.

What he means is that it was organised by Charlie's family, and they, not "the Stones" were doing the inviting. We don't know who was invited or why anyone who wasn't there, didn't come, and frankly it's none of our business.

Yes, it is none of my business, I acknowledge that, and, as well, I know nothing about how and why. Nonetheless, as a complete outsider I can't help regarding it a saddening aspect that Mick Taylor was not present on an evening of rememberance of Charlie.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 7, 2021 22:21

Folk are entitled to their views

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 7, 2021 22:35

Witness

Mick Taylor was not present on an evening of rememberance of Charlie.

Last post by Mick Taylor on [www.Facebook.com] was on 2-Jun-2021. Who knows how he's doing ....

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: December 7, 2021 22:47

Irix
Witness

Mick Taylor was not present on an evening of rememberance of Charlie.

Last post by Mick Taylor on [www.Facebook.com] was on 2-Jun-2021. Who knows how he's doing ....

Wow, his facebook post was for Charlie's birthday!

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: December 7, 2021 23:14

JDSAM1994
CindyC
Green Lady

What he means is that it was organised by Charlie's family, and they, not "the Stones" were doing the inviting. We don't know who was invited or why anyone who wasn't there, didn't come, and frankly it's none of our business.

Agree 100%, now stop calling me frankly (sorry I have to say that every time I see that word)

Sure they worked together 50 years ago, but it doesnt mean they maintained a personal relationship too That could be on Mick T for all we know. Or maybe he WAS invited and just didn’t go. The comment that Mick T got the shaft is annoying. some people are always looking for a conspiracy

Mick Taylor getting the shaft over the years is far from a conspiracy. Where have ya been?
This night was about Charlie, not Mick Taylor.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 8, 2021 00:06

Closure finally.

Very pleased it happened. I hope no one taped it and it was just for those in the room.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: December 8, 2021 00:11

The perfect venue for it. What a lovely tribute.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 8, 2021 00:43

A very appropriate way to celebrate Charlie’s life.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 8, 2021 02:06

It still hurts my heart.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 8, 2021 02:10

They did this 900% right.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 8, 2021 03:38

Lovely

Rod

Posted by: DavidinAustin ()
Date: December 8, 2021 03:43

Would be something IF this ended up being the last time Mick and Keith played together, at Ronnie Scott's of all places. Loved reading the reports of the tribute event. Sounded perfect.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 8, 2021 05:42

I love how fans think they know everything. If Charlie's family did the invites and Mick Taylor was not included why is that any of our business? Mick left the band 45 years ago. Who knows if he even kept in touch with the Watts's maybe he did maybe he didn't. We always seem to want to make something of every little tidbit. It's really tiresome. I've read it's a shame there was no band picture blah blah blah. And yes CindyC can we all stop with frankly?!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 8, 2021 06:06

Maybe Mick Taylor was invited and he can´t attended, we don´t know, please don´t judge without no know...

also Leavell didn´t attended and fortunately nobody cares about that

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 8, 2021 06:17

I am happy there was a tribute to Charlie. Unless people from this forum were actually there and in the room, I think it is pointless to speculate about who was invited or who should have been invited. I can only imagine that Charlie's family must be extremely grateful and overwhelmed by all the support and well wishes they have received since his death. As a long time Stones fan, the world was extremely blessed to have such an elegant and talented musician among us. Rest in peace Charlie!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-08 06:18 by Sighunt.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 8, 2021 06:23

slew
And yes CindyC can we all stop with frankly?!

I'll try harder, but can't make any promises.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: December 8, 2021 06:33

DavidinAustin
Would be something IF this ended up being the last time Mick and Keith played together, at Ronnie Scott's of all places.

We all hope it wasn’t, but it’s a MUCH better place for them to play than Hollywood, Florida —- or a private show for the Krafts at Gillette Stadium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-08 06:40 by bam.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 8, 2021 06:51

LOL @ "Waddy Wachtel".

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 8, 2021 07:49

24FPS

Much as I love Bill, he's not exactly a clothes horse is he? You'd think a multi-millionaire could dress in a complete suit.

When The Rolling Stones were first touring around the UK in the 1960's there were repeated 'scandals' when they turned up at hotel restaurants - wait for it! - shockingly, absolutely shockingly, (those with a weak disposition avert your eyes) not wearing a tie!

ie They were in the vanguard of the social movements that led to the overthrow of very many silly and pointless dress codes.

So to read him, or for that matter ANY Rolling Stone, being criticised for not wearing a suit is, frankly, shocking.

Judge the man, not his clothes.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: December 8, 2021 07:53

thumbs upthumbs upWell said captain
CaptainCorella
24FPS

Much as I love Bill, he's not exactly a clothes horse is he? You'd think a multi-millionaire could dress in a complete suit.

When The Rolling Stones were first touring around the UK in the 1960's there were repeated 'scandals' when they turned up at hotel restaurants - wait for it! - shockingly, absolutely shockingly, (those with a weak disposition avert your eyes) not wearing a tie!

ie They were in the vanguard of the social movements that led to the overthrow of very many silly and pointless dress codes.

Right on Captain
So to read him, or for that matter ANY Rolling Stone, being criticised for not wearing a suit is, frankly, shocking.

Judge the man, not his clothes.

Date: December 8, 2021 09:23

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home