Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paul Reed Smith guitars?
Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 19:19

Probably gonna be a short topic but did any of the Rolling Stones guitarists ever play on Paul Reed Smith Guitars live or in studio?

Never seen a picture and none are mentioned in "rolling stones gear" by Andy Babuik.

These are known for being versatile guitars and used by many artists. Just wondering why it never came in the hands of Keith, Ronnie or mick Taylor.

Thanks for your expert insights smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-03 19:20 by Stilllife09.

Re: Paul Reed Smith guitars?
Posted by: johnh ()
Date: December 3, 2021 20:28

these appear on a PRS discussion page , but I don't think they were given to Keef!

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 23:38

Now this is a great post! Especially compared to my "tissues on Stage post. John Meyer has his own line and countless others (Santana). Not sure why the Stones haven't used them...at least from what I have seen. I was searching online to possibly purchase one ...was looking for a semi hollow with humbuckers.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 4, 2021 01:14

chrism13
Now this is a great post! Especially compared to my "tissues on Stage post. John Meyer has his own line and countless others (Santana). Not sure why the Stones haven't used them...at least from what I have seen. I was searching online to possibly purchase one ...was looking for a semi hollow with humbuckers.

Mayer only has on model with his name not a whole line

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 4, 2021 02:53

In addition to the names previously mentioned, Mark Knopfler and Joe Walsh are a couple of folks that have used PRS.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: December 4, 2021 19:00

The guitar pictured looks like a Santana model with a different truss rod cover. Probably not every skull design aims at KR.

For what I read around 1990, the only „new“ guitar design he really liked / used were the Music Mans, no? Ok, PRS is newer.

The list of PRS users / endorsers is quite long, from country musicians (Johnny Hiland) to a lot of metal guys (Tremonti, for example).

I haven’t seen any picture of KR playing a solid (non-hollow) guitar equipped with two humbuckers since his Les Paul days.

But, as always, I could be wrong…

Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: December 5, 2021 01:03

I play one as well. Though I'm bad as hell.

Date: December 5, 2021 02:07

Stilllife09
Probably gonna be a short topic but did any of the Rolling Stones guitarists ever play on Paul Reed Smith Guitars live or in studio?

Never seen a picture and none are mentioned in "rolling stones gear" by Andy Babuik.

These are known for being versatile guitars and used by many artists. Just wondering why it never came in the hands of Keith, Ronnie or mick Taylor.

Very good guitars if you are willing to pay and play. Not suitable for Rolling Stones' guitarists I believe. Never saw Jeff Beck play one either.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: December 6, 2021 12:47

I bought a PRS Pauls Guitar, the SE version, last year fo about 850 EURO, which is almost the same as for my Fender Stratocaster Lonestar, the USA version.
For me the PRS is the most versatile guitar I know.
Normally i don´t like coil splitting, because mostly there is one good sound and one so and so sound. But the coil splitting on the PRS is absolutely killer. The single coil option sung really Fender-like.

TheflyingDutchman
Stilllife09

Very good guitars if you are willing to pay and play. Not suitable for Rolling Stones' guitarists I believe. Never saw Jeff Beck play one either.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 6, 2021 13:27

I am primarily a Gibson Les Paul user . I must say PRS guitars are well made , with great tonewoods and electronics . They also use the highly coveted Brazilian Rosewood for fingerboards on select models . I guess what put PRS on the map was the perfect marriage of Gibson into Fender in one instrument . PRS makes very beautiful instruments with multiple price points to fit all budgets !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2112
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home