Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Next Stones Project
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 4, 2021 06:42

New LP

REWIND 1971-2022 on Blu-ray/DVD/Netflix etc video release

Another book...

Stones Vodka

Their own cannabis line called, duh, Rolling Stoned, with a tongue and lips pipe.

SPRING 2022

Mick:

The label came to us and said, 'What about a hits comp?' and I just, you know, what? We've been working on a new album. How many more hits comps can be put out? We did one in 2002, one in 2012, as I recall. You know, these anniversary releases that the labels love to put out. I don't know what happened to them. But surely there's no need for another one. Wot? Oh, right. There was one in 2019. I don't even know what it was. Was it any good? They just did it to have something new. I don't remember, really.

I suppose if they ask for a new single. But with the new album we've been working on, which is, you know, got a ways to go yet, I dunno, I dunno.

Keith:

Ahhhhh, you know, I mean, there's all this stuff, see, ha haaaaarrrgghhhhh. The last bits we did with Charlie, bless his soul. We've cut a bunch of new material with Steve Jordan and it's cookin' real good, you know, the engine is hot, ehhhhhh, you know? Ehhhh, why stop?

But a band that's been around as long as we have, I mean, where does one draw the line, ha ha ha haaaaaghhh. Then there's Universal's demands. There's all these demands. But we're still working on these new songs, there's this here, that there, we've got tour dates. I'd love to finish up the new album, get the boys back in the studio, work on some more material. We've got it, yep, it's just a matter of when.

Ronnie:

Oh ahhh, right, yep. Oh it sounds lovely. It's great. Great stuff. You know, Mick and Keith in the sandbox kind of trip, right. You know, I leave it to them, you know, it's their thing. But we've got the new album done, it just needs to come out. Come out at the right time! Just before the tour. Get it out there! one last gallop! We've got this new stage, it's gonna be fantastic in the O2 for the last show. We thought about Twickenham. Someone mentioned Wembley. Keith suggested why not shut down Heathrow, we'll do it there. But the O2 it is. Be there or miss out forever.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 4, 2021 06:48

I forgot about the promo videos. Yeah, like Licks, a cooperation with ABKCO so we can have all of them. With Dolby Atmos sound, and video upgraded with modern technology to Ultra High Definition. That's the only Greatest Hits package I want.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 4, 2021 08:12

Anything with Charlie Watts on

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 4, 2021 12:33

Interesting would be the setlist of their first appearance in July 1962 and to play it again in July 2022.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 4, 2021 13:10

RobertJohnson

Interesting would be the setlist of their first appearance in July 1962 and to play it again in July 2022.

1. Kansas City (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
2. Baby What's Wrong (Willie Dixon)
3. Confessin' The Blues (Walter Brown/Jay McShann)
4. Bright Lights, Big City (Jimmy Reed/Mary Lee Reed)
5. Dust My Blues (Elmore James)
6. Down The Road Apiece (Don Raye)
7. I’m A Love You (Jimmy Reed)
8. Bad Boy (Eddie Taylor)
9. I Ain't Got You (Billy Boy Arnold)
10. Hush-Hush (Jimmy Reed)
11. Ride 'Em On Down (Eddie Taylor)
12. Back In The USA (Chuck Berry)
13. Kind Of Lonesome (Jimmy Reed)
14. Blues Before Sunrise (Elmore James)
15. Big Boss Man (Luther Dixon/Al Smith)
16. Don't Stay Out All Night (Billy Boy Arnold)
17. Tell Me That You Love Me (Jimmy Reed)
18. Happy Home (Elmore James)

[www.NZentgraf.de] - Entry 620712A.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 4, 2021 13:28

Irix
RobertJohnson

1. Kansas City (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
2. Baby What's Wrong (Willie Dixon)
3. Confessin' The Blues (Walter Brown/Jay McShann)
4. Bright Lights, Big City (Jimmy Reed/Mary Lee Reed)
5. Dust My Blues (Elmore James)
6. Down The Road Apiece (Don Raye)
7. I’m A Love You (Jimmy Reed)
8. Bad Boy (Eddie Taylor)
9. I Ain't Got You (Billy Boy Arnold)
10. Hush-Hush (Jimmy Reed)
11. Ride 'Em On Down (Eddie Taylor)
12. Back In The USA (Chuck Berry)
13. Kind Of Lonesome (Jimmy Reed)
14. Blues Before Sunrise (Elmore James)
15. Big Boss Man (Luther Dixon/Al Smith)
16. Don't Stay Out All Night (Billy Boy Arnold)
17. Tell Me That You Love Me (Jimmy Reed)
18. Happy Home (Elmore James)

[www.NZentgraf.de] - Entry 620712A.

Oh no, the "blues cover band" smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 4, 2021 15:03

Paddy
I’d like to see a proper series on the stones, akin to the Beatles Anthology project. Something on that depth. We’ve already lost Charlie’s interviews for such a project, I’d like to see it happen before any of the rest of the guys pass.

Blue and Lonesome Part 2 would be welcome, but who knows the part Charlie may have played in them sessions, a part 2 might not be possible, an EP of this material would be cool if an albums not possible.

MTV unplugged, I’d love to see the stones in a purely acoustic setting. (Time for this may passed though)

Given their longevity, I have always thought the Stones were deserving of a quality Anthology like project. From my perspective, this has been long overdue.

Regarding your wish list for an MTV Unplugged type of release, I think the Stones already answered that request with their version of Stripped and the much better follow-up/ sequel (LOL) of Totally Stripped Deluxe- which I would argue is one of their best later day post-Steel Wheel packages released thus far (although a box set of the smaller theatre type shows from the Licks tour would certainly be a close second).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-04 15:12 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 4, 2021 15:07

Deluxe is great....it showcases especially the value of Ronnie Wood to the overall sound and vibe of the latter Stones which i love!!....anything like this would be appreciated....otherwise its been fun.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: December 4, 2021 21:43

No New Studio album, this ship has sailed..
The last great Song for me was Don't stop, and although they're not playing it anymore, they live by it and that is great.

So my wishes would be a live album of the No Filter Tour and a couple of shows in Europe next summer.

And to bring Brown Sugar back!!

Date: December 5, 2021 07:09

For reasons only Mick knows they have not done anything as brilliant as The Beatles' anthologies. Time for such a thing still has some value. The deluxe reissues have been, overall, beyond cheap in comparison.

Even the recent Led Zeppelin reissues gave more.

The perception of them being a working band really ended with BRIDGES TO BABYLON. They've been a nostalgia act ever since. It's way past time for some proper career/archive releases. Without tracks being finished ala the deluxe reissues.

Alas... here we are.

Whatever.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 5, 2021 12:31

GasLightStreet
For reasons only Mick knows they have not done anything as brilliant as The Beatles' anthologies. Time for such a thing still has some value. The deluxe reissues have been, overall, beyond cheap in comparison.

Even the recent Led Zeppelin reissues gave more.

The perception of them being a working band really ended with BRIDGES TO BABYLON. They've been a nostalgia act ever since. It's way past time for some proper career/archive releases. Without tracks being finished ala the deluxe reissues.

Alas... here we are.

Whatever.

I don't think that they are really a nostalgia act, is quite correct. They are not simply making a cozy evening for those, who know them from earlier years. Apparently instead, new concertgoers at large are thorougly pleased at what they hear. Somehow, that is an achievement.

Alternative statements of what they for some time have become and been: A museum band or a cover band of their own distant past as band. Grand as such. From when? From the first tour that did not any more include songs from their latest studio albums.("You Got Me Rocking" cannot alone serve as an alibi.)

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: January 10, 2022 16:14

According to the French website RTL.fr (RTL is the infamous radio station), the Stones "should release a new album in 2022".
[www.rtl.fr]

Ok, well, don't hurt me, i'm only the messenger...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 10, 2022 16:25

GivenToFly15

According to the French website RTL.fr (RTL is the infamous radio station), the Stones "should release a new album in 2022".

"The main event, however, will be the Rolling Stones' 60th anniversary. Mick Jagger told us last June that he hoped to give concerts to celebrate this anniversary. The Stones are also expected to release a new album in 2022, 17 years after A Bigger Bang."

This RTL-article sounds similar to the one from the Wall Street Journal - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 10, 2022 16:26

Boxed set of all three shows from 11/27, 11/28 at MSG 1969 recorded for Ya Yas.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 10, 2022 17:26

Guess, we'll get re-issue of 1971-2016 albums that will be based on 2009 remaster. And, maybe, re-issue of 1964-1970 albums either in 2002 or 2016 remaster.

Anniversary edition of Greatest Hits is unavoidable.

Also, 2002-2003 tour was not covered yet by archive series. So, a new version of Four Flicks is the most probable candidate. That tour was 20 years ago winking smiley.

New album and something exotic from the vaults - that will be very big surprise.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 11, 2022 19:37

GasLightStreet

The perception of them being a working band really ended with BRIDGES TO BABYLON. They've been a nostalgia act ever since. /quote]

They've been a nostalgia act since Voodoo Lounge. The band as a truly creative studio unit ended with Steel Wheels. Voodoo was looking back, with sounds akin to their past. BTB was an attempt at something new, but it's very dated now. And A Bigger Bang is just more looking back. 1962 - 1969 is the first era. 1969 - 1974 the next. 1975-1990 the last golden era. 1994 - 2022 is the Greatest Hits era. (Excepting the odd great single and one magnificent blues album).

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 11, 2022 20:14

We were all wrong - it was stamps...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 11, 2022 20:41

Sighunt
Boxed set of all three shows from 11/27, 11/28 at MSG 1969 recorded for Ya Yas.

and a box set of all the 65 and 66 shows for the "got live if you want it" ep and lp

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 11, 2022 20:51

Stoneage
I suppose commemorative gold bars are next. confused smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 11, 2022 21:00

bam
Stoneage
I suppose commemorative gold bars are next. confused smiley

> The Rolling Stones: 2021 12g Pure Gold Tongue and Lips coin

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 11, 2022 21:08

Thanks, Hairball. Next you’ll tell me that Rolling Stones daggers are already on the market?

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 11, 2022 22:20

It's about time the let go some of the real gems. A box-set of shows from '69-'73 would be greatthumbs up Also it's time for finally releasing a complete filmed show from '69

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 11, 2022 22:42

Keef and Ronnie putting
tagether an IKEA Pax wardrobe ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 11, 2022 22:53

Rockman
Keef and Ronnie putting
tagether an IKEA Pax wardrobe ....

Pity Wyman left, otherwise I could envision a whole new series of "Billy Bookshelves".

Date: January 12, 2022 04:48

24FPS
GasLightStreet

The perception of them being a working band really ended with BRIDGES TO BABYLON. They've been a nostalgia act ever since.

They've been a nostalgia act since Voodoo Lounge. The band as a truly creative studio unit ended with Steel Wheels. Voodoo was looking back, with sounds akin to their past. BTB was an attempt at something new, but it's very dated now. And A Bigger Bang is just more looking back. 1962 - 1969 is the first era. 1969 - 1974 the next. 1975-1990 the last golden era. 1994 - 2022 is the Greatest Hits era. (Excepting the odd great single and one magnificent blues album).

The 1994 tour they averaged 5 songs from VOODOO.

1997 tour they averaged 5 songs from BRIDGES.

As those tours continued, they stayed steady with those.

2005... they bounced 4 around... and as that tour went on, less. By 2007, one song.

So there's the starting point of the greatest hits nostalgia act - 2005 onward.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: January 12, 2022 11:08

Songs like Out of Control, Saint of me and Flip the Switch were great live tracks! ABB has Rough Justice and Oh No Not You again, which I think have it in them to become decent early setlist options (like YGMR) but they dropped them too soon in my opinion. By the time of the Blue & Lonesome release they did play up to three songs from it...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 12, 2022 12:54

GasLightStreet
24FPS
GasLightStreet

The perception of them being a working band really ended with BRIDGES TO BABYLON. They've been a nostalgia act ever since.

The 1994 tour they averaged 5 songs from VOODOO.

1997 tour they averaged 5 songs from BRIDGES.

As those tours continued, they stayed steady with those.

2005... they bounced 4 around... and as that tour went on, less. By 2007, one song.

So there's the starting point of the greatest hits nostalgia act - 2005 onward.

it's even worse when you take into account that the latest 'new' song that survived (= being regular performed) is 'Start Me Up' (after 'Slipping Away' has been dropped)

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 12, 2022 14:10

I don´t hope for much. Why I started to play guitar was because of Keith Richards. And the brilliant weaving on Some Girls, Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You and those records that followed. Now it´s all gone. Stealing my heart and Losing my touch ain´t my cup of tea. A new record - sure it´s fine - but THAT fantastic guitar playing is gone.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 12, 2022 15:15

Bridges to Babylon PPV boxset (only because I was there). smiling smiley

Date: January 12, 2022 15:16

Bjorn
I don´t hope for much. Why I started to play guitar was because of Keith Richards. And the brilliant weaving on Some Girls, Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You and those records that followed. Now it´s all gone. Stealing my heart and Losing my touch ain´t my cup of tea. A new record - sure it´s fine - but THAT fantastic guitar playing is gone.

Wouldn't mind more of this, though smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home