Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Next Stones Project
Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 13:00

With the 60th Anniversary looming on the horizon, how do you expect the Stones to "celebrate"? Usually we can expect the greatest hits version XVVI, perhaps something else? I can think of a couple of potential projects that would be more fan friendly or at least "fan-interest". Probably a proper release on Digital DVD and audio of Paris 1976. Perhaps an extended "love You Live" with complete EL Mocombo? I cannot think of any other items in the post 1970 Stones vault of interest to me? Any ideas i left out?

Re: Next Stones Project
Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 13:16

I am hoping for a run of London shows and the new album.
That is all I want - I don't ask for much smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 3, 2021 13:17

New album .... or new albums ....
wanna know what they think of the world now

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: December 3, 2021 13:18

I thought they would have started a temporary residency thing to help ease the stress of touring. Four nights in London over the course of two weeks, something like that.

I think the new album will come out sometime March through May. I do wonder how much advance notice we will all get though? If they take a page from McCartney 3 and invent some cool physical packaging options, I think they would sell a lot.

Another greatest hits collection? Probably. It is Sixty Licks, after all. Most likely another book too.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 3, 2021 13:45

New album and Europe tour

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 3, 2021 14:15

1969-1978 period

well for video there is knebworth 76

and c-cksucker blues and with the 50th anniversary of the 72 us tour coming up next summer might be a good time to release that

and as for audio so freakin' much
but on my short list

for 69 complete shows from boston, nyc, baltimore and altamont

for 72 the philly shows

for 73 sydney and london

for 78 memphis and lexington kentucky

for studio stuff black and blue and iorr deluxe

and for new projects 1989 to now

1 the new album

2 blue & lonesome v2

3. new jersey 94 dvd/bluray

4 a tasteful well made documentary about charlie's life with contributions from his family and all the living stones including wyman and taylor

5 a remastered dvd/bluray releases of 25x5

6 and i know this is a long shot that not everyone wants to see but a documentary about the stones post 89 instead of pre 89

i think there's a interesting story to be told here and it hasn't really been done before

i know we've had documentaries about post 89 tours but not a comprensive overview of this entire era onstage and in the studio

i'd rather see this then another career spanning documentary that only really covers 1962-89 which has already been done well by 25x5 and crossfire hurricane

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 3, 2021 14:23

I would like something more from Steel Wheels sessions...other stuff like this:

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 14:49

ProfessorWolf
1969-1978 period

well for video there is knebworth 76

and c-cksucker blues and with the 50th anniversary of the 72 us tour coming up next summer might be a good time to release that

and as for audio so freakin' much
but on my short list

for 69 complete shows from boston, nyc, baltimore and altamont

for 72 the philly shows

for 73 sydney and london

for 78 memphis and lexington kentucky

for studio stuff black and blue and iorr deluxe

and for new projects 1989 to now

1 the new album

2 blue & lonesome v2

3. new jersey 94 dvd/bluray

4 a tasteful well made documentary about charlie's life with contributions from his family and all the living stones including wyman and taylor

5 a remastered dvd/bluray releases of 25x5

6 and i know this is a long shot that not everyone wants to see but a documentary about the stones post 89 instead of pre 89

i think there's a interesting story to be told here and it hasn't really been done before

i know we've had documentaries about post 89 tours but not a comprensive overview of this entire era onstage and in the studio

i'd rather see this then another career spanning documentary that only really covers 1962-89 which has already been done well by 25x5 and crossfire hurricane

I would like all of this please.
Number 6 reads like a kind of 'Crossfire Hurricane 2', which I would love to see happen.
Totally agree with number 4.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: December 3, 2021 15:10

Rerelease of the 1964-1970 catalog with updated artwork, 180 gr vinyl. Maybe a nice box to put 'em in.

New album.

A few 60th anniversary shows in Europe and a final show in London, where it all began 60 years ago. It has been a hell of a ride, but I think it's time to call it quits. Invite Bill Wyman, Lisa Fisher, Mick Taylor.. honour Brian, Ian, Charlie and Bobby and play one last unforgettable show.

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 15:49

How about a live TV broadcast beamed around the world. Simple stage set up like something from circa 1963. I am sure that could acquire multiple sponsors to pay the overhead.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 3, 2021 16:35

mebbe a new verse for the spider and the fly?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2021 17:25

No Filter Live: 2017- 2021

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 17:37

Nothing

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: December 3, 2021 17:42

I do hope they will release a No Filter Tour BD/DVD/vinyl/CD - 3 nights in Paris back in 2017 were professionally recorded and would make final live video with Charlie. They could always add Hollywood, FL show as a bonus if it was indeed recorded with a live release in mind.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 3, 2021 17:59

Rockman
New album .... or new albums ....
wanna know what they think of the world now

Oh yes, so very much!

Date: December 3, 2021 20:56

forest73
Nothing

getting your hopes up i seewinking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 3, 2021 21:31

A complete 1969 show, cobbled together from the Maysles Brothers footage.

Europe Tour '67, Brian's last shows.

Knebworth/Paris/Wembley from '76.

Any scraps will do. Odds and Ends, video and audio only.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 22:09

That would be spectacular. But I’ll be happy just to get the final show from 2021.

Hairball

Posted by: winter ()
Date: December 3, 2021 22:11

1. New studio album. Fully realized songs with actual intros or bridges, the occasional solo break, good arrangements. Not demo-y like most of their studio stuff since 2002's Don't Stop (LIND and a few others from ABB being the exceptions). Come on, Guys (and mostly Don); songcraft, production values, arranging...you can do this!

2. Live 1973 cd from Australia, LA benefit, Hawaii. Or, if necessary, another from Europe '73.

3. A 4-5 DVD boxset drawing from all of the 2002-2003 Licks tour theatre shows besides Olympia (already on Four Flicks). Boston Orpheum, NY Roseland, Utrecht Vrendenburg, Munich Circus Krone, etc.

4. Motion Capture filming gigs and practices to start building the digital database necessary for the Stones to perform holographically in the future!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2021 22:16

mpj200
That would be spectacular. But I’ll be happy just to get the final show from 2021.

Hairball

There were better shows in 2021, but truth be told and since we're getting picky, I'd prefer a show from 2017-2019

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 3, 2021 22:40

Above all: the new album.

Then:
Collected promovideos

And:
Two big lost and found box-sets - one from the sixties and one post Abkco
CS Blues
More 1969, 1970, 1972 and 1973 shows
El Mocambo

And anything from Denmark
Especially from Charlies jazzband days in Randers just before The Rolling Stones.

A new edition of Charlies book Ode to a Highflying Bird

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 3, 2021 22:47

ProfessorWolf
forest73
Nothing

Look at forest73's postal history. Given the second and third post after this one, (that is, before), we ought to respect his / her post here, I think. It is a logic consequence of a fan's feelings..

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: December 3, 2021 23:42

Barkerboy2
I am hoping for a run of London shows and the new album.
That is all I want - I don't ask for much smiling smiley

I second this motion and move to add additional USA/Canada dates that they didn't hit on the 2021 No Filter tour grinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 4, 2021 00:07

Just the next studio album, please.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 4, 2021 00:58

I’d like to see a proper series on the stones, akin to the Beatles Anthology project. Something on that depth. We’ve already lost Charlie’s interviews for such a project, I’d like to see it happen before any of the rest of the guys pass.

Blue and Lonesome Part 2 would be welcome, but who knows the part Charlie may have played in them sessions, a part 2 might not be possible, an EP of this material would be cool if an albums not possible.

MTV unplugged, I’d love to see the stones in a purely acoustic setting. (Time for this may passed though)

Date: December 4, 2021 01:59

Witness
ProfessorWolf
forest73
Nothing

Look at forest73's postal history. Given the second and third post after this one, (that is, before), we ought to respect his / her post here, I think. It is a logic consequence of a fan's feelings..

alright i guess you have a point

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: December 4, 2021 02:08

A commemorative tee shirt?

Date: December 4, 2021 02:14

TravellinMan
A commemorative tee shirt?
and plate setwinking smiley

i joke but thinking about it i wouldn't mind eating dinner off of keith's facegrinning smiley

Posted by: ash ()
Date: December 4, 2021 02:44

1964 Radio Luxembourg acetate released in full (Bill has it as far as I know) and an agreement between the Stones and ABKCO for someone with decent knowledge of the band to go through every surviving tape / acetate from 62 - 69 for a multi cd set of Stones 'n' Jones rarities followed by a decent vault trawl for the Taylor / Wood years.
A blu ray of all surviving 1960's footage.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: December 4, 2021 04:37

GetYerAngie

Then:
Collected promovideos

Yes!! A long-overdue project!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home