Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Cher Sings Bob Dylan
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 4, 2021 10:40

If she tours again ,I want to see her

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 5, 2021 19:03

bitusa2012
Taylor1
This is a joke right? She’s horrible no talent. And the thought of her singing Dylan is putrid

THIS is a joke, right? I don’t have ANY of her records, I don’t like her glitz and glamor. But, to my ears, she’s got one of the all time great “interpretative” voices of all time. She’s a great singer. Just not off “my type” of music. I like some of her songs, dislike swags of others, but she CAN sing. Much like Adele. Great singer. Great voice. But not my style.

Agreed. To not prefer her is a taste thing. To call her a 'horrible no talent' just shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 6, 2021 02:15

treaclefingers
bitusa2012
Taylor1
This is a joke right? She’s horrible no talent. And the thought of her singing Dylan is putrid

THIS is a joke, right? I don’t have ANY of her records, I don’t like her glitz and glamor. But, to my ears, she’s got one of the all time great “interpretative” voices of all time. She’s a great singer. Just not off “my type” of music. I like some of her songs, dislike swags of others, but she CAN sing. Much like Adele. Great singer. Great voice. But not my style.

Agreed. To not prefer her is a taste thing. To call her a 'horrible no talent' just shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
I couldn’t care less what a moron like you thinks .Only a moron like you would not understand that an opinion of her talents is subjective.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 6, 2021 03:17

I've always liked Cher...and she's much better than Yoko IMO.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2021 03:30

Taylor1
treaclefingers
bitusa2012
Taylor1

I couldn’t care less what a moron like you thinks .Only a moron like you would not understand that an opinion of her talents is subjective.

So sorry I hurt your feelings and you feel you have to lash out.

But when you put yourself out there like that you should expect that some people may not agree. Perhaps relax a bit with the hyperbolic statements and you won't get so wound up when people call you out.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 6, 2021 04:39

Taylor1
treaclefingers
bitusa2012
Taylor1

One’s intellect and mental capacity should not be joked about. Says more about YOU than the person to whom you are so “intelligently” talking to.

Rod

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 7, 2021 14:07

But can Bob Dylan sing Believe?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 7, 2021 14:18

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 7, 2021 14:55

Taylor1

No talent? A beautiful contralto voice and acting talent to boot.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 7, 2021 16:36

Hairball
I've always liked Cher...and she's much better than Yoko IMO.
Exactly as she actually has talent besides Yoko bagging a Beatle . Which I can't diminish Yoko accomplishment one bit as she won the Lifetime lottery with a payout worth in the billions (but out of all people Yoko ? ) I guess that's why they say kids don't do drugs !

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 7, 2021 17:40

Regarding Yoko Ono, yes, she got lucky with Lennon. His legacy is an ongoing windfall. Yet, one has to note her status - though relatively low key - as an avant garde artist and performer/performance artist of some sort before she latched onto Lennon. This would help explain somewhat the performance bits she and Lennon did in the late 1960s (bed in, anyone?) and 70s. This has nothing to do with the theme of this thread and Cher necessarily. Just my riff on the post by TheGreek.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 7, 2021 18:40

dmay
Regarding Yoko Ono, yes, she got lucky with Lennon. His legacy is an ongoing windfall. Yet, one has to note her status - though relatively low key - as an avant garde artist and performer/performance artist of some sort before she latched onto Lennon. This would help explain somewhat the performance bits she and Lennon did in the late 1960s (bed in, anyone?) and 70s. This has nothing to do with the theme of this thread and Cher necessarily. Just my riff on the post by TheGreek.
Correct and her own resume should and can not be diminished ( as much as I would love to do ) . One could also say she has been fierce in her care/protection of his legacy . I have listened to her music and avant garde is an understatement , but I am not a judge nor a critic of her "art" .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-08 13:18 by TheGreek.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home