Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The 17 Club for senior board members of IORR
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 1, 2021 06:30

ProfessorWolf
DaveG
Although my control center says that I joined 17 years ago, I actually joined 19 years ago while searching for recent set lists in anticipation of attending their 2002 show at The Tacoma Dome near Seattle. I’m glad I found this group!

are you from tacoma

i was born there

Hey there! I have lived in Poulsbo since 1987, but originally from L.A.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 1, 2021 06:44

2004 for me…17 years?! Where does the time go?

Never got the mag

Came here after I searched for message boards on the band.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: December 1, 2021 08:24

I'm on 16...

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: novica ()
Date: December 1, 2021 08:34

I remember I joined when I searched for info about the No Security Tour in 1999...

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 1, 2021 10:43

Visitor since 1994
Member since at least 1998

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 1, 2021 10:45

Only 12 years for me …… 2009

I may have been spending sh!t loads on magazines in those days

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 1, 2021 10:46

My profile states
Date Registered: seventeen years ago

Am I in? :-)

Posted by: ekelundh ()
Date: December 1, 2021 11:44

My profile states 17 yrs ago. I started subscribing to the magazine early only missing the 2-3 first issues. I remember the excitement with every new issue in the mail. smiling smiley It was my way into finding officially unreleased material.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 1, 2021 12:56

DandelionPowderman
All the posting history prior to (I belive) 2005 was wiped (something with the server?), so it's hard to go by posting history.

I believe many have been on here since 1995 (or was it 1996?), when the site was launched.

I joined when I searched for info about the B2B-tour in 1997.

So it's rather the 26 or 27-club smiling smiley

I had a magazine subscription.

I am the same as Dandelion Powerman - I started subscribing in 1997 when I was searching for info about the B2B tour.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 1, 2021 13:23

I started browsing BV board in 2005 at the start of the Bigger Bang Tour and then the light bulb went off in my head and I joined in 2009 . It's been a gas gas ever since and I can't imagine not being here and communicating with all of the fine folks here hot smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 1, 2021 14:21

I don't remember really...I first went on the internet in 1993 or so at university, and I remember there were several forums started at that time. But in my memory it was later when these forums really came to live, somewhere around 1997 or 1998 or so. I do remember first meeting BV in 1997 so I must have known IORR.

Mathijs

Date: December 1, 2021 14:28

Mathijs
I don't remember really...I first went on the internet in 1993 or so at university, and I remember there were several forums started at that time. But in my memory it was later when these forums really came to live, somewhere around 1997 or 1998 or so. I do remember first meeting BV in 1997 so I must have known IORR.

Mathijs

You were here when I joined prior to the B2B-tour in 1997 smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 1, 2021 15:09

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs

Mathijs

You both were when I joined here, around No Security tour I guess. I didn't write that much initially (for a couple of years I think) but once you start me up, I'll never stop...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: December 1, 2021 15:14

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Mathijs

Mathijs

You both were when I joined here, around No Security tour I guess. I didn't write that much initially (for a couple of years I think) but once you start me up, I'll never stop...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Rorty, wasn't it? winking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 1, 2021 16:05

DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG
Although my control center says that I joined 17 years ago, I actually joined 19 years ago while searching for recent set lists in anticipation of attending their 2002 show at The Tacoma Dome near Seattle. I’m glad I found this group!

are you from tacoma

i was born there

hey my dad was born in poulsbo (which figures him being norweigan) and raised between there and graham and eatonville

and me and my mom where born in tacoma where she grew up and i was raised between there and orting, graham, and puyallup

and now i live in glenoma down in lewis county

nice to meet a fellow washingtonian on here i think Mr.d might be one of us too

but i'll leave you "seniors" to reminiscing i know you folks hate to be interrupted when your doing thatwinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-01 16:10 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: December 1, 2021 16:18

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Mathijs

Mathijs

- Doxa

Rorty, wasn't it? winking smiley

Originally Doxa, but then for some time (there was some password hassle or something) that name (of an American philosopher I did a lot of work with back then) appeared. Still don't know what happened, but I somehow managed to get Doxa back...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-01 16:22 by Doxa.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 1, 2021 16:34

Really don’t know!

I think, but am not sure, that I was already registered during the 1999 euro tour.

First post, no clue whatsoever

For sure more than 17 years ago!

C

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: December 1, 2021 21:55

I immigrated from the undercover mailing list in 98. Got tired of cheese jokes.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: December 1, 2021 22:12

I'm in for 17 years.

But found an old email from Bjornulf with the message "Your new login for the forums at www.iorr.org is:" from May 19. 2003

So I guell I was a member before that. I don't recall my exact entry date. But I got all the IORR mags! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 2, 2021 02:07

SFJ for years before the internet and then IORR. With my life outside of my Stones fixation, I don't really keep track. I just wish all a happy and healthy life.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 2, 2021 02:21

Been here for years ... Im the bag man ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: December 2, 2021 04:07

I think I joined in 1999, because I recall messaging about tickets for the 1999 US Arena tour.

Before that, I was Undercover in 1995-ish (and may still be!??!) and then Sticky Fingers Journal at some point in the 90s.

Have some mag issues, but not via subscription.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: December 2, 2021 04:25

ProfessorWolf
DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG

are you from tacoma

i was born there

hey my dad was born in poulsbo (which figures him being norweigan) and raised between there and graham and eatonville

and me and my mom where born in tacoma where she grew up and i was raised between there and orting, graham, and puyallup

but i'll leave you "seniors" to reminiscing i know you folks hate to be interrupted when your doing thatwinking smiley

Ha, the older I get, the more I reminisce!

Yes, Mr.D lives in Washington, near Bellingham. In May of 2019, he and I each had decided to attend Lisa Fischer’s gig at Jazz Alley in Seattle. It was scheduled for the night after the Stones’ show and we thought one of the boys might show up. When the show was cancelled due to MJ’s heart surgery, we each decided to attend anyway, as Lisa is brilliant. So, we got a table next to the stage and during her performance, Lisa reached down and touched each of our faces! Mr. D is a great guy and a true gentleman.

There a few other folks on this board who live in the Seattle area.

Date: December 2, 2021 04:42

DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG

are you from tacoma

i was born there

Yes, Mr.D lives in Washington, near Bellingham. In May of 2019, he and I each had decided to attend Lisa Fischer’s gig at Jazz Alley in Seattle. It was scheduled for the night after the Stones’ show and we thought one of the boys might show up. When the show was cancelled due to MJ’s heart surgery, we each decided to attend anyway, as Lisa is brilliant. So, we got a table next to the stage and during her performance, Lisa reached down and touched each of our faces! Mr. D is a great guy and a true gentleman.

thanks for the story about you and Mr.d attending lisa's show that was a cool detail about her touching yor faces sounds like a lovely memory

and my uncle lives in bellingham i've been up there many times

Date: December 2, 2021 05:21

ProfessorWolf
DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG

are you from tacoma

i was born there

thanks for the story about you and Mr.d attending lisa's show that was a cool detail about her touching yor faces sounds like a lovely memory

Speaking of Poulsbo (“Little Norway”), my wife is Norwegian as well. It really is a lovely place to live.

Date: December 2, 2021 06:04

DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG

are you from tacoma

i was born there

Speaking of Poulsbo (“Little Norway”), my wife is Norwegian as well. It really is a lovely place to live.

yeah there are lot of us norwegians in the nw

and i've been poulsbo it is lovely

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: December 2, 2021 13:29

I subscribed early 1959.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 2, 2021 13:53

According to the profile, my first post was in January 2005. I do have a suspicion that I may have been a member before under a different name, though I'm not entirely sure. I was certainly aware of Bjornulf as far back as September 2002, when someone accompanying me pointed him out on a New York City street: 'that's Bjørnulf Vik' Big Al: 'who?' I remember he was wearing a red top, actually! This was during the early afternoon, prior to the Stones' show at Giants Stadium in New Jersey.

Date: December 2, 2021 13:58

ProfessorWolf
DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG
ProfessorWolf
DaveG

are you from tacoma

i was born there

yeah there are lot of us norwegians in the nw

and i've been poulsbo it is lovely

It sounds plausible that you guys wind up on the best RS fan board there is – a Norwegian fan board smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-02 13:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 2, 2021 14:00

If 17 years gets a membership for a senior club, I guess those of us who has been here since the last century, there probably should be another club, say, The Living Dead Club of IORR or something...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-02 14:01 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1501
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home