Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Alice Cooper Killer 50 years old
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 28, 2021 02:27

Saw on the Hoffman site that today marks 50 years since Killer was released, arguably the Alice Cooper band's best album. Under My Wheels, Be My Lover, Dead Babies, Yeah Yeah Yeah, Halo of Flies...
Hard to believe that between 71 and 73 they released Love It To Death, Killer, Schools Out, Billion Dollar Babies and Muscle of Love! As with many other bands, the pressures of constant recording and touring got to them.
One thing about Be My Lover, alot of people were wondering how drummer Neal Smith got that little click part towards the end of the song. He said he dropped his drum stick against the edge of the snare drum!

Re: OT: Alice Cooper Killer 50 years old
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: November 28, 2021 02:40

I thought Alice was killed by his Killer who is 50 years old!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 28, 2021 03:24

It`s remarkable convincing as rock and roll. It sounds great. I gave it a new listen some years ago, but found out I couldn`t listen to this. Dead Babies, it`s morbid. I really didn`t know back then that Desperado was about Jim Morrison. When Alice sings those verses, he sounds just like him. However, something about this album isn`t right.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 28, 2021 03:35

One of my absolute favorite albums. Halo Of Flies and Under My Wheels are 2 of the greatest tracks ever laid down.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 28, 2021 04:40

2000 LYFH

LOL.

That's exactly why I opened this thread, a little freaked out.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 28, 2021 08:36

treaclefingers
2000 LYFH

LOL.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 28, 2021 08:40

treaclefingers
2000 LYFH

LOL.

Same! eye popping smiley

Date: November 28, 2021 09:01

Wow, Gaslight, that would be a great double bill! Alice puts on a great show, very professional, great band including Nita Strauss on guitar. She replaced Orianthi, both are considered two of the best female rock guitarists!
Haven't followed the Cult in many years, loved Sonic Temple.
I was supposed to see Alice w/Lita Ford last spring in Abbotsford near Vancouver but it was cancelled.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 28, 2021 11:36

Killer is my favorite album, I consider it to be Epic. Was so happy to finally see him do Dead Babies live, that searing guitar riff is outstanding. The whole album is epic in my opinion.smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 28, 2021 15:01

Have posted before about the time I saw Alice in Vancouver '75 when he fell off the stage.. Hit the rail and tumbled into the crowd where he was literally mauled a few feet in front of me.

Six broken ribs, concussion, bleeding.. when he came back out (opener, Suzi Quatro filled in for a while) he sang "Only Women Bleed" before heading to the hospital.

Hadn't seen a pic of it before, but found this image of him after the spill.
The Welcome To His Nightmare tour.. cool smiley Good times.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: November 28, 2021 18:32

Killer is great -

- but the man plays golf!

Date: November 29, 2021 01:08

MisterDDDD
Have posted before about the time I saw Alice in Vancouver '75 when he fell off the stage.. Hit the rail and tumbled into the crowd where he was literally mauled a few feet in front of me.

Six broken ribs, concussion, bleeding.. when he came back out (opener, Suzi Quatro filled in for a while) he sang "Only Women Bleed" before heading to the hospital.

Hadn't seen a pic of it before, but found this image of him after the spill.
The Welcome To His Nightmare tour.. cool smiley Good times.

Yup, he was taken to Royal Columbian Hospital in New West.

Date: November 29, 2021 01:09

Four Stone Walls
Killer is great -

He's been playing golf since the early 70s at least. From what I've read, he's really good.

Date: November 29, 2021 01:38

Well perhaps this explains his decline in rock credibility and into showmanship./ vaudeville

Killer still felt real ( except maybe Dead Babies maybe)

Recorded in UK?

Elected a fine single from shortly afterwards

Only Women Bleed a remarkable track from first solo album, even though the golf addiction must-have been.becoming very serious by then

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-30 11:46 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 29, 2021 01:39

I had Killer on 8-track in high school. Excellent

Date: November 29, 2021 02:22

DGA35
Wow, Gaslight, that would be a great double bill! Alice puts on a great show, very professional, great band including Nita Strauss on guitar. She replaced Orianthi, both are considered two of the best female rock guitarists!
I was supposed to see Alice w/Lita Ford last spring in Abbotsford near Vancouver but it was cancelled.

The Cult have continued to write and release new music, some of it outstanding, like a good bit of the excellent CHOICE OF WEAPON, and are working on a new LP for next year.

This tour would be fun to catch. Unfortunately... I live very far away.

Date: November 29, 2021 02:43

GasLightStreet
DGA35

The Cult have continued to write and release new music, some of it outstanding, like a good bit of the excellent CHOICE OF WEAPON, and are working on a new LP for next year.

There was a triple bill with the Cult, Stoned Temple Pilots and Bush.

I went too see the Cult, with curiosity about STP and no interest in Bush (the band if I may clarify).

Bush were excellent, STP pretty good, and the Cult inadequate. Devastating.

Date: November 29, 2021 02:51

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
DGA35

I went too see the Cult, with curiosity about STP and no interest in Bush (the band if I may clarify).

LOL I avoided that tour (and the GNR opening tour). Having seen ELECTRIC 13, why bother seeing a much shorter show? There were some other shows I missed. SONIC TEMPLE 2019 was awesome.

Date: November 29, 2021 03:06

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
DGA35

LOL I avoided that tour (and the GNR opening tour). Having seen ELECTRIC 13, why bother seeing a much shorter show? There were some other shows I missed. SONIC TEMPLE 2019 was awesome.

Well, from that show moving forward I can say I really like Bush!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 29, 2021 05:46

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 29, 2021 08:47

Four Stone Walls
Killer is great -

I saerw him being interviewed at a charity event in 2019, and he said that daytime golf Alice didn't know/recognize "that guy," nighttime rocker Alice.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 29, 2021 08:52

ROCKMAN

Date: November 29, 2021 08:58

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
DGA35

Hey treacle, was this show in Abbotsford? I remember when Bush first came out, in Canada they were called Bush X because of another band named Bush. I think something similar with Angel City back in the day, where they were The Angels in Australia but then there was another band in North America with the same name so they changed it to Angel City here. Almost Spinal Tappish!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 29, 2021 13:11

Rockman

Does Mick approve of Keith's X-Pensive Winos shirt?

Date: November 30, 2021 11:57

Aquamarine
Four Stone Walls
Killer is great -

I saerw him being interviewed at a charity event in 2019, and he said that daytime golf Alice didn't know/recognize "that guy," nighttime rocker Alice.

I've an idea then : daytime rocking and night-time golf.

Or he could sleep during the night and get a proper dayjob - or write more songs like Only Women Bleedwhich, come to think of it, isn't true any more

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home