Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi OT: "Sticky Fingers Live" Australia 2022 (Tex Perkins)
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 27, 2021 20:47

I was just looking up to see what Tex Perkins is up to and apparently has been touring Sticky Fingers with other Australian legends.

Was hoping to hold out for The Beasts but this might be worth checking out:

[www.adelaidefestivalcentre.com.au]

The Stones' Sticky Fingers
with Adalita, Phil Jamieson, Tex Perkins & Tim Rogers
Presented by Adelaide Festival Centre

This event was originally scheduled to occur at on Thursday 15 July 2021 at Her Majesty's Theatre, but due to COVID-19 travel restrictions it has been rescheduled to 7pm, Sunday 13 February 2022 at Festival Theatre.

What happens when you take one of the greatest rock bands of all time, choose their most iconic album and bring together Aussie music royalty to recreate it live on stage?

You get The Stones’ Sticky Fingers featuring Magic Dirt’s Adalita, Grinspoon’s Phil Jamieson, The Cruel Sea’s Tex Perkins and You am I’s Tim Rogers.

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Rolling Stones’ seminal record Sticky Fingers, these four musicians are joining forces for the first time, as part of Adelaide Guitar Festival 2021.

With a backing band led by guitar virtuoso Matt Smith (The Whitlams/The Badloves/Tim Minchin), this sensational quartet will perform Sticky Fingers in full, plus some of The Stones’ other greatest hits.

Kicking off with Brown Sugar before assaulting your eardrums with future classics like Wild Horses and Dead Flowers, Sticky Fingers has been on every Top Album list since the 1980s and defined a turbulent time in music, politics and the free love generation.

“For me, it’s close to a perfect album... It has a feel of wild abandon followed by a darkness and beauty that is devastating.”
Tex Perkins

“Adalita, Tex and Tim are three of the finest musicians this country has produced. It’s a complete honour to share the stage with them and interpret one of the greatest records of all time.”
Phil Jamieson

and this lineup has already done shows:

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Re: Semi OT: "Sticky Fingers Live" Australia 2022 (Tex Perkins)
Posted by: rover ()
Date: November 27, 2021 21:43

Excellent show. Saw it on the Gold Coast a few months ago. Thoroughly recommend it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2373
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home