Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

In praise of the intelligence of iorr.org
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 25, 2021 22:11

What a splendid place for in-depth dives into the minutiae of recordings, and for so many opinions to be discussed, dissected and deliberated upon.

I am unaware of another such quality forum for any band.

I am a member of several other band groups (admittedly, on FB ) but swiftly they descend into near-monosyllabic arguments and posturing. Even for intelligent bands like the Who and the Jam, the posting fans' IQ seems to be back to zero, or down in the hole, at least.

And yet here, the Stones, a swaggering, sloppy, sweaty bunch of poseurs, attract the most elevated of debate.

Cheers to you, iorr-ers

smileys with beer

Re: In praise of the intelligence of iorr.org
Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: November 26, 2021 00:43

This place is all that, ain't it?

Having a beer right now to Bjornulf.

smileys with beer

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 26, 2021 01:00

Raise your glass to bv

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 26, 2021 01:13

kkhoranstoned
Raise your glass to bv

He's the hard working people alright, but I hope you're not suggesting lowly of birth?! eye popping smiley

Date: November 26, 2021 01:14

iorr.org is of course the greatest Rolling Stones fan page in the world, not the least because of the agreements, disagreements, arguments, opinions, facts, fiction and not the least: addiction. Not so easy to moderate such a page. It requires routine, brains and talent to do so in a balanced way. Also a bit of luck I think.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 26, 2021 02:12

Damn right. I am amazed by the depth of knowledge some (many) on here have. Thanks , bv.

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: November 26, 2021 02:48

Long live IORR. I come here To plan my next vacation well in advance and I come here when I’m feeling sad and need a pick me up… Like when Charlie died.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 26, 2021 03:00

peoplewitheyes
What a splendid place for in-depth dives into the minutiae of recordings, and for so many opinions to be discussed, dissected and deliberated upon.

I am a member of several other band groups (admittedly, on FB ) but swiftly they descend into near-monosyllabic arguments and posturing. Even for intelligent bands like the Who and the Jam, the posting fans' IQ seems to be back to zero, or down in the hole, at least.

And yet here, the Stones, a swaggering, sloppy, sweaty bunch of poseurs, attract the most elevated of debate.

Cheers to you, iorr-ers

smileys with beer

Steve Hoffman is good. Unless I'm missing something. There are other good Stones sites. Won't get into a name/culture war but they're out there.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 26, 2021 03:12

I agree......but every month or so a appreciation thread for IORR is a bit to much for me.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 26, 2021 03:17

yes we are great aren't we
not like those knuckle dragging beatles fans and there motown cover bandwinking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 26, 2021 16:39

GasLightStreet
peoplewitheyes

Cheers to you, iorr-ers

smileys with beer

Steve Hoffman is good. Unless I'm missing something. There are other good Stones sites. Won't get into a name/culture war but they're out there.

Yes, Steve Hoffman is a great site and they do also delve in the minutia.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 26, 2021 20:54

I'm always surprised when I Google the Stones to look up a subject, and the first, and only quote on a subject is from here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home