Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Australia Asia 2022
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 25, 2021 04:11

There was a strong rumour of shows in Asia and Australia for 2019, then the US tour went ahead.
Anyone heard any noise of Aussie dates for 2022?
Stones generally tour here Feb-April
Been a long 7 years now

Re: Australia Asia 2022
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 25, 2021 04:14

Deathgod
There was a strong rumour of shows in Asia and Australia for 2019, then the US tour went ahead.
Stones generally tour here Feb-April
Been a long 7 years now

A chance to cancel a show at Hanging Rock for the third time in a row. They'll never pass that by!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-25 04:14 by CaptainCorella.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: November 25, 2021 05:30

I don't think anybody will be playing stadium sized concerts in Australia/NZ/Asia in 2022.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 25, 2021 06:23

probably europe next summer and maybe a tribute show for charlie in london after the holidays as for the rest of the world 2023-2025 seem to be the last chance and most likely

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 25, 2021 07:18

ProfessorWolf
probably europe next summer and maybe a tribute show for charlie in london after the holidays as for the rest of the world 2023-2025 seem to be the last chance and most likely

Mick and Keith both turn eighty in 2023. I really don’t think they’ll undertake a tour at that age. I could be wrong, but I doubt it’ll be a good idea. They’ve struggled to pull it together consistently during this U.S. leg, so that doesn’t bode well in my eyes. We’ll see!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 25, 2021 07:20

Five shows at Rod Laver ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 25, 2021 07:22

podiumboy
I don't think anybody will be playing stadium sized concerts in Australia/NZ/Asia in 2022.

Why not?

In Victoria the capacity limits have been removed and the publicity talks about 100,000 at the Boxing Day Test (which amazes me as I didn't know that there were 100,000 people sufficiently interested in cricket to go to something like that!).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 25, 2021 07:28

Yeah five at Rod Laver Arena .....

The Crash-Box Lust Tour .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 25, 2021 08:57

Big Al
ProfessorWolf

Mick and Keith both turn eighty in 2023. I really don’t think they’ll undertake a tour at that age. I could be wrong, but I doubt it’ll be a good idea. They’ve struggled to pull it together consistently during this U.S. leg, so that doesn’t bode well in my eyes. We’ll see!

i'm pretty sure they will could be wrong but they probably will

i think maybe the hollywood fl show could give us a hint at the future after next year

residencies at smaller venues in 2 or 3 city's with 3 or 4 shows in each and maybe 1 or 2 big stadium shows at the end or no stadium shows at all so they don't have haul around millions of dollars worth of stage and equipment with them and of cource with tickets priced still at ungodly prices maybe even worse if they can get away with it

and shorter setlists maybe 17 songs though hopefully with a more diverse group of choices but probably not

i think this could be a functional model for them to continue to perform into there early eighties

but regardless as long as mick and keith are able to do something onstage, the demand continues and the money machine keeps going they will not stop until it's to painful/tiring or there dead

Re: Australia Asia 2023
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 25, 2021 12:15

Deathgod

Looks like one Tour per year now. Europe 2022 first due to their 60th Anniversary.

Maybe 2023 then for Australia/NZ & Asia.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 26, 2021 01:03

Rockman
Yeah five at Rod Laver Arena .....

The Crash-Box Lust Tour .....

I thought that happened years ago. You’re the worst, Rockeee! winking smiley

(Also, why isn’t that on YouTube?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-26 01:40 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: November 26, 2021 02:23

CaptainCorella
podiumboy

Why not?

In Victoria the capacity limits have been removed and the publicity talks about 100,000 at the Boxing Day Test (which amazes me as I didn't know that there were 100,000 people sufficiently interested in cricket to go to something like that!).

Okay, then what happens when 100 of those people get Covid after the event? They'll probably close down the whole country again.

Date: November 26, 2021 03:11

podiumboy
CaptainCorella
podiumboy

Why not?

Okay, then what happens when 100 of those people get Covid after the event? They'll probably close down the whole country again.

I'm curious. Where, geographically, are you posting from?

The Boxing Day Test take place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. It's in Melbourne, the State capital of Victoria, and it's the largest stadium in Australia. If you check Wiki you'll see that in global terms it's respectable.

At this writing in Victoria, there are about 1,200 or so cases per day and the population of over 12s is 90% double dosed. There are actually very few restrictions in place.

Our hospital admissions are dropping, as are the numbers ending up in ICU, and this is a direct result of the 90% figure.

State policy reflects National agreements that when the vaccination rates hit 90% we have to learn to live with the virus.

I do not pose that this is the right or the wrong policy, nor that it's a good or bad idea, but factually that's the policy.

National Policy is also that unless truly extraordinary events take place, that there is no expectation of further lockdowns.

So, what makes you believe that "They'll probably close down the whole country again."

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: November 26, 2021 04:09

I'm just saying that even at 90% vaccinated, once Australia and New Zealand open up, there's going to be cases of infection. LOTS OF THEM! Once those case numbers start going up, panic will ensue, and restrictions will be put back in place. It won't matter that the majority of vaccinated people do not develop severe illness. The rising case numbers themselves will require some sort of response from a country that has pursued the zero Covid route.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 26, 2021 05:02

podiumboy
I'm just saying that even at 90% vaccinated, once Australia and New Zealand open up, there's going to be cases of infection. LOTS OF THEM! Once those case numbers start going up, panic will ensue, and restrictions will be put back in place. It won't matter that the majority of vaccinated people do not develop severe illness. The rising case numbers themselves will require some sort of response from a country that has pursued the zero Covid route.

The two most populous states in Australia are NEW SOUTH WALES and VICTORIA. BOTH are at over 90% double vaccinated and having done so have removed all restrictions. NSW hit 80% first, removed restrictions and covid numbers shot up into the 1000s initially, with 10 or thereabouts deaths per day. Now they’re down to round 250 cases a day and a few deaths. Restrictions have NOT been put back in place. Victoria then hit 80%. Restrictions removed. Cases up to in the thousand + area, 10 or so deaths per day. Now at about 1000 new cases and 6 or so deaths per day. Restrictions not back in place.

They have learned to live with it. Zero covid route, as you put it, abandoned months ago.

Rod

Date: November 26, 2021 05:08

podiumboy

I'm curious. Where, geographically, are you posting from?

Australia is close to being opened up. Other than Western Australia, movement within States is almost unrestricted and will be even less so within a few weeks.

I don't especially disagree with your perspective, after all the cases in the UK are still very high and relatively constant on a week on week basis and their vaccination rates are broadly similar to Australia'a. (Pedantically UK cases are rising).

But my comment about policy being lockdowns would be exceptional is what the policy is, so if neither Victoria (with about 1,200 cases per day) and New South Wales (about 250 cases per day) are not locking down, then I can't see that the odd extra 100 will trigger a lockdown.

Again, discussion as to whether the policy is good or bad, daft or wise, sane or insane are not the point in following up your comment.

So why do you think that 100 cases after a concert will create "panic", when 1,200 actuals each day are not really being bothered about?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home