Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sasha Allen
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 24, 2021 16:56

It's watching Sasha Allen on Gimme Shelter that keeps bringing me back this time. She is the highlight of every show (as opposed to the deep cuts they no longer play which I was chasing in the late 1990's to mid 2000s)

In Vegas, the bus to the Greyhound station broke down and I called a Lyft.

Told the driver I was in town for the Rolling Stones and he said he knew her from singing his church and he told me "but her mother told me she has a showcase on a song, um um um"

"Gimme Shelter?"

"Yeah that's it" and he put the studio version of the song on his Ipod.

"Wow little Sasha Allen from church singing with the Rolling Stones. "

I hope she fronts her own band, I would go see her every time. Maybe she, Matt Clifford and Karl Denson can tour the Return Of The Living Dead soundtrack. I bet she would kill it on Party Time!

Thanks Matt Lee for the amazing video!

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Sasha Allen
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:01

I looked her up on wiki last night. the day she was born - 4th June '82, the Stones were playing Rotterdam............

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 24, 2021 19:42

She is just as good a singer as Lisa was. She doesn't have Lisa's sex appeal - that is the difference. She does what she is hired for. I don't think she is that keen on replicating Lisa's routine in Gimme Shelter.
But that is what she is paid for so she does it.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 24, 2021 19:49

Funny how people would rip on Lisa. Yes they did. Now they miss her

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 24, 2021 20:18

I prefer Sasha who understands her role in the band, and when it's time for her to showcase her skills during her Gimme Shelter solo, she does it in a classy tasteful and respectful way sounding like Merry Clyaton.
Lisa on the other hand always seemed to want to be in the spotlight...her operatic solo during Gimme Shelter was extremely over-the-top and circus-like sounding like Mariah Carey which made it hard on the ears.
I enjoyed Lisa's versions the first several times I saw her with the band, but then it started to sound like high-pitched nails on a chalkboard. Sasha on the other hand, I could listen to all night day - she's music to my ears.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 24, 2021 20:31

Nowt compared to Lisa

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 24, 2021 20:43

Loved Lisa. Love Sasha - and she is very good looking!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: November 24, 2021 21:37

I think she is great. I can’t understand why her microphone level is so low - they should turn her up a bit

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: November 24, 2021 22:28

She Was Hot

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 24, 2021 22:30

Was ...... still is

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 24, 2021 22:47

i really like sasha did anyone else notice in detriot after her and mick's bit when they where about to walk back to the stage together
she gave him a spontaneous heartfelt hug

tells me all i need to know about her as a person

Date: November 24, 2021 22:52

There's a funny clip buried somewhere there
on her Instagram wheres she's dancin like a
wild woman in the foyer of some hotel and
Matt Clifford is just sittin there so un-groove like ....,

ROCKMAN

Date: November 24, 2021 23:15

She is a great performer indeed. Lisa had/has great voice but this Sasha has some wild energy in her moves.... She could be a real star on his own, I think.

Date: November 24, 2021 23:18

............. kinda like a Caravaggio painting ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 25, 2021 09:28

Cooltoplady
Funny how people would rip on Lisa. Yes they did. Now they miss her

perhaps not the same people ripping/missing.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 25, 2021 09:38

You can see her confidence grow, over the past few years.

She was downright sexy af in LA and Vegas recently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-25 09:38 by MingSubu.

Re: Sasha A
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: November 25, 2021 18:19

Hairball
I prefer Sasha who understands her role in the band, and when it's time for her to showcase her skills during her Gimme Shelter solo, she does it in a classy tasteful and respectful way sounding like Merry Clyaton.
Lisa on the other hand always seemed to want to be in the spotlight...her operatic solo during Gimme Shelter was extremely over-the-top and circus-like sounding like Mariah Carey which made it hard on the ears.
I enjoyed Lisa's versions the first several times I saw her with the band, but then it started to sound like high-pitched nails on a chalkboard. Sasha on the other hand, I could listen to all night day - she's music to my ears.

I have not heard Sasha Allen on GS because the vocals have been so cringeworthy and over the top for so long I skip right past the song now. It’s been unbearable.
The song would be listenable big they used a subtle voice.
Will check her out as you say she knows her place. Good thing about Lisa was she was so nice to look at in the earlier years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-25 18:29 by stanlove.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 25, 2021 20:08

Sasha doesn’t have the vocal range that Lisa does. I prefer Lisa, but Sasha does fine. Her stage presence has improved a lot since she first started with the Stones. I always find that her mike isn’t turned up enough though. Can never hear her that well.

Date: November 25, 2021 20:21

From my perspective, Sasha is a combination of Tina Turner, Dianna Ross, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, and Gladys Knight - all fantastic singers.
Lisa is a more over-the-top combination of Mariah Carey, Chaka Khan, Whitney Houston, Donna Summer, and maybe a bit of Pattie Labelle.
I prefer Sasha with the Stones, while I think Lisa is better doing off doing solo stuff where she can be in the spotlight.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 25, 2021 20:30

that's also a way of saying you put way too much thought into it

Date: November 25, 2021 20:49

Nikkei

Ha..not really...slept in as late it's Thanksgiving morning here ...I was still a bit drowzy having a morning coffee...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 25, 2021 21:04

Maybe there is some beating around the bush here? Voice talk. I guess what some are missing, but won't dare to voice due to pc, is the five minutes of sideshow provided by Lisa in that song.
Something to rest your eyes on. Lisa had sex appeal namely. Or is mentioning that to un-pc to mention?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 25, 2021 21:16

Hairball
Nikkei

Ha..not really...slept in as late it's Thanksgiving morning here ...I was still a bit drowzy having a morning coffee...

All of those comparisons are favorable, though. I think it's obviously okay (pc whatever) to say someone has sex appeal. And happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 25, 2021 21:19

Stoneage
Maybe there is some beating around the bush here? Voice talk. I guess what some are missing, but won't dare to voice due to pc, is the five minutes of sideshow provided by Lisa in that song.
Something to rest your eyes on. Lisa had sex appeal namely. Or is mentioning that to un-pc to mention?

Hell no! She was a sexy lady, but partly what gave her sex appeal was her voice, she was nice to look at for sure, but that sex appeal she oozed was all of her, not just the legs and moves. Her voice was ridiculously good, very powerful and she had a lot of control. Sasha has had to fill big big shoes, but I think she’s both improved and grown into her role and voice as the years have passed. She was great each night this tour. She’s mini Lisa now.

Date: November 25, 2021 21:33

Nikkei
Hairball
Nikkei

All of those comparisons are favorable, though. I think it's obviously okay (pc whatever) to say someone has sex appeal. And happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Well yeah of course they are favorable as they're all great singers in their own way, but if I had a choice between listening to and/or seeing Tina Turner, Dianna Ross, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, and Gladys Knight VS.
Mariah Carey, Chaka Khan, Whitney Houston, Donna Summer, and Pattie Labelle, I'd undoubtedly prefer the former group vs. the latter. And now that I'm wide awake, I'll add Pattie Labelle to the first group.

Date: November 25, 2021 22:42

You can see there is great chemistry between Sasha and Mick when they are performing. That's genuine chemistry, not just some acting. She has some similarities with Mick as a performer. Can't explain it really well but that's the vibe I am getting from them.

Lisa's voice is spectacular, no doubt about it, but Sasha really rocks.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 26, 2021 08:41

Lisa Fischer’s vocals on Gimme Shelter were excellent. It really became a showcase for her. Sasha Allen isn’t quite there yet, for me. Fischer was such a charismatic stage performer with the Stones. Sasha Allen isn’t quite there yet, though she’s better than good, in my opinion.

In the sexiness stakes? Well, prime Fisher, and current Allen, are exactly my taste in women. If you could see my dating catalog, you’d see! winking smiley No, in all seriousness: they’re both fabulous. I just feel that Gimmie Shelter belonged To Lisa.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: November 26, 2021 18:42

Ok, sorry, the thread was about Sasha. I prefer Sasha to Lisa, she's looks wild and into it. Lisa's solo part on GS never did it for me, takes me away from the Rolling Stones and over to Pink Floyd's "The great gig in the sky".

Date: November 26, 2021 20:18

It would be amazing to hear Lisa sing the solo on Pink Floyd's "The great gig in the sky". Now that she's no longer with the Stones and her solo career has been lackluster at best,
maybe she can join Roger Waters' band for his upcoming tour - even if for just that one song alone. All this time she reminded me of Mariah Carey, but from this point on I'll be thinking of Pink Floyd...

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: November 27, 2021 02:12

Hairball
I agree. I prefer Sasha in every way.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home