Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best versions of rarely played songs this tour?
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 24, 2021 09:06

whats the best versions of the rarely played and tour unique songs from this tour (for a compilation I'm making)

hello
i'm doing a compilation of performances from this tour that will present all the rarely played songs and the keith numbers and just four warhorses mr jjf sfm and satisfaction

my question to my fellow fans is of these songs with more then one performances and new unique tour regulars like 19th nervous breakdown ghost town and trouble a comin'
which are the best

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-26 11:20 by bv.

Re: whats the best versions of the rarely played and tour unique songs from this tour (for a compilation I'm making)
Date: November 25, 2021 09:05

really

no one

come on everybody here has so many opinions surely you all could tell me your favorite of the three versions of wild horses from this tour

Re: whats the best versions of the rarely played and tour unique songs from this tour (for a compilation I'm making)
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 25, 2021 13:33

Nashville - Trouble's A Comin'

Hard Rock - Ghost Town

Atlanta - 19th Nervous Breakdown. most of Midnight Rambler, Paint It Black & Start Me Up

Pittsburgh - Let's Spend the Night Together

Austin - You Can't Always Get What You Want

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-12 14:50 by exilestones.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 25, 2021 14:21

The best version from Play with Fire was Hamburg 9-9-2017. It also had the best use of the screens with psychadelic video material that hasn't been seen again on the tour

Date: November 25, 2021 14:28

exilestones
Nashville - Trouble's A Comin'

Hard Rock - Ghost Town

Atlanta - 19th Nervous Breakdown. most of Midnight Rambler, Paint It Black

Pittsburgh - Let's Spend the Night Together

Austin - You Can't Always Get What You Want

thanks just what i wanted

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: November 25, 2021 14:48

Don't forget '' Ain't too proud to beg'' at Detroit.
Great version !

Date: November 25, 2021 15:08

Nikkei
The best version from Play with Fire was Hamburg 9-9-2017. It also had the best use of the screens with psychadelic video material that hasn't been seen again on the tour

yes definitely in my top 5 songs from 2017 but i meant the 2021 leg of the tour
thanks though

Date: November 25, 2021 15:09

jhrock83
Don't forget '' Ain't too proud to beg'' at Detroit.
Great version !

yup definitely going in the compilation

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 25, 2021 15:19

Which was the best Connection of the tour?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 25, 2021 16:56

Charlotte's "19th" was strong.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 25, 2021 17:27

Nikkei

This was in fact very beautifull. I was there and enjoyed this and the other rare numbers a lot! Under my thumb, Dancing with Mr.D, Just Your Fool, Ride em All Down, Out of Control.
This show was the opening show of the zour and everything was still a bit "flitter-flatter".
I always wanted to atend an opening show of the Stones. We were the giftet try out audience. And of course, as I mentioned, it was not perfect. I myself have been on stage more than 1000 times and I know very well how it feels, what it means to play a premier show.
One year later I saw them again in Berlin.
This show was powerfull and straight.
I even enjoyed the "warhorses".
Both shos were great.
But the rare numbers played at the Hamburg gig sound great because the sound was very good. A park with many old and big trees made the sound like a good amplifier with good speakers in your living room.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: November 25, 2021 18:48

St Louis had the best Under my Thumb. Especially as I don't think it was played again

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 25, 2021 18:52

Detroit had a lovely Slipping Away on a horrible cold night.

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: November 25, 2021 20:48

Good question. I follow this too. There was nothing too special. "Far Away Eyes" in Tampa, "She's a Rainbow" in Atlanta, which hasn't been done live more than 20 times since the 60s and I appreciate Keith breaking out "Connection".

To date, I have heard/seen them do 99 different tunes from their catalog. I have about 7 tunes on my wishlist that will probably never be moved to my concert list.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 25, 2021 20:58

Play With Fire - Chicago #2 - B-stage, '19
You Got the Silver - Santa Clara, '19
Midnight Rambler - Rose Bowl, '19
Paint it Black - Glendale '19
Rocks Off - L.A. #1, '21
Get Off My Cloud - L.A.#1, '21
All Down the Line - L.A. #2, '21
Beast Of Burden - L.A. #2 '21

----------------------------------

*edited to add years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-26 01:07 by Hairball.

Date: November 25, 2021 21:26

thumbs up
DrPete
St Louis had the best Under my Thumb. Especially as I don't think it was played again

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 26, 2021 01:00

Minneapolis - Monkey Man!

Date: November 26, 2021 01:59

thanks everyone gonna add start me up from austin too it's good and make a good opener for the set

also my set will probably be 2 or 3 discs
but probably won't be done until after the holidays since i plan to make new stereo matrixs of many of the songs and i need to ask permission from several of the tapers to use part of there recordings and i got a couple projects to finish first from this tour

thank you everyone for your suggestions and please keep them coming

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 26, 2021 03:07

ProfessorWolf
hello
i'm doing a compilation of performances from this tour that will present all the rarely played songs and the keith numbers and just four warhorses mr jjf sfm and satisfaction

my question to my fellow fans is of these songs with more then one performances and new unique tour regulars like 19th nervous breakdown ghost town and trouble a comin'
which are the best

Well... can't comment on your point but there's this even though it's not rarely played, a damn FINE performance:

Date: November 26, 2021 03:30

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
hello

which are the best

Well... can't comment on your point but there's this even though it's not rarely played, a damn FINE performance:

yes street fighting man is going in the set along with smu mr satisfaction and jjf and that'll be it for the warhorses the rest will be all the different vote songs and surprises like ain't too proud to beg and all of the songs keith played in his set and the tour unique regulars like trrouble's a comin' 19th nervous breakdown and living in a ghost town

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 26, 2021 03:54

All Down the Line from LA was perhaps the best one I've seen from this tour.

Re: Best versions of rarely played songs this tour?
Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 26, 2021 17:52

JJF Charlotte
Midnight Rambler Vegas

Both LA shows are just incredible (Goomc and rocks off first night and 19th, Shelter, connection from the second one)

Date: November 26, 2021 18:01

J J Flash - Hollywood, Florida

++++++++

Hollywood News Clips
[wsvn.com]

Rolling Stones put on an intimate show at Hard Rock Live

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 26, 2021 18:25

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
hello

which are the best

L.A. imo is one of the best SFM version ever
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-26 19:16 by KRiffhard.

Date: November 26, 2021 18:35

ProfessorWolf
Nikkei
The best version from Play with Fire was Hamburg 9-9-2017. It also had the best use of the screens with psychedelic video material that hasn't been seen again on the tour

yes definitely in my top 5 songs from 2017 but i meant the 2021 leg of the tour
thanks though

Hi Professor,

I don't get online every day. Please email me if I can ever help.

I didn't post 'rarely played' either, but it's a great thread and an excellent list.

She's A Rainbow from Atlanta is definitely a 'keeper!'

Shattered was very good in Atlanta, but the band didn't seem well rehearsed. Keith and Ron nailed it. Mick was busy making sure everyone made the changes on time.

Exile Stones

[www.therollingstone.net]

Local News:
[www.cbs46.com]

Date: November 26, 2021 18:39

micha063
Nikkei

This was in fact very beautifull. I was there and enjoyed this and the other rare numbers a lot! Under my thumb, Dancing with Mr.D, Just Your Fool, Ride em All Down, Out of Control.
This show was the opening show of the zour and everything was still a bit "flitter-flatter".
I always wanted to atend an opening show of the Stones. We were the giftet try out audience. And of course, as I mentioned, it was not perfect. I myself have been on stage more than 1000 times and I know very well how it feels, what it means to play a premier show.
One year later I saw them again in Berlin.
This show was powerfull and straight.
I even enjoyed the "warhorses".
Both shos were great.
But the rare numbers played at the Hamburg gig sound great because the sound was very good. A park with many old and big trees made the sound like a good amplifier with good speakers in your living room.

Thanks for sharing! There was a good set in Prague 2018 with nice sound.

She's A Rainbow Atlanta 2021

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 26, 2021 18:41

Date: November 26, 2021 18:51

Hairball
Rocks Off - L.A. #1, '21

Hey Professor,

What are your top picks from the No Filter Tour?

Everybody,

What are your favorite performances from No Filter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-26 18:55 by exilestones.

Date: November 27, 2021 02:31

exilestones
Hairball
Rocks Off - L.A. #1, '21

Hey Professor,

What are your top picks from the No Filter Tour?

Everybody,

What are your favorite performances from No Filter?

mr is my favorite that they do in the average set list but i'm so absorbed in the performance that it's hard for me to be critical of it and choose a favorite

far away eyes was really cool to hear

monkey man was great to hear and performed very well except for screwing up the intro
and mick sang it bettter then in 2019

heartbreaker always good to hear and performed well

satisfaction from pittsburgh was awesome that solo from keith was such great sloppy fun i loved it

wild horses in la who couldn't love losing keith acoustic and having to do it electric and it turning out better for it

but these are just my picks for 2021 if you meant 17-21 that's a much longer list

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-27 02:34 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 27, 2021 02:57

Monkey Man wasn't really screwed up, intro wise, just... not exactly complete courtesy of Keith dropping out on the riffage. They did perhaps the best performance of it on the LICKS tour but this is pretty good.

Mick: Now we're gonna do... we don't know what we're gonna play until this very moment... we don't know which one we're gonna do.

Uh huh.

HA HA his commenting on how long it took, then Ronnie "loves it but he doesn't know it."

Steve Jordan nailed it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home