Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17
Re: Hollywood show live updates - Tuesday 23-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 24, 2021 16:47

Dan
MisterDDDD

Really loved Sasha on Gimme Shelter. To be honest this is what keeps bringing me back over and over. I hope she fronts her own band!

Amen to that! Sasha blew me away in Detroit. GIMME SHELTER has become a masterpiece live. Would like to see her perform solo, too.

Re: Hollywood show live updates - Tuesday 23-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 24, 2021 16:51

MisterDDDD
Haven’t read the thread.. but had the time of my life regardless of the setlist etc.
Kind of expected a shorter setlist.

The sound in the venue was the best I’ve ever heard, the acoustics were amazing.
So glad I was able to make this show.
Had an absolute blast!

Even on the Facebook feeds the sound seemed good: glad to hear that was true in the venue for the people who were, after all, the target audience. As for setlists, more would always have been better and they have played JJF thousands of times - but another good one is always worth hearing.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: November 24, 2021 16:53

My theory of Keith sitting down when playing the intro since Pittsburgh proved to be true.

I think he should sit down more often during the shows if it makes him play better.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 16:56

Safe setlist. No surprises? Shocker.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:07

Keith's GS intro is so impressive that Mick makes a face.
Can't wait to hear the overdubbed version if there is a DVD

dcba

Keith reminds me of the HAL9000 computer when Dave Bowman removes his memory modules one by one...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: DrFixembones ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:08

My Review:

I arrived in the PIT at 7:15 and got a nice spot up front. Ghost Hounds are a good band, but an Opening act really wasn't needed for this show. There was some pushing in the PIT but nothing too crazy. This venue is less than 20 minutes from my home so I was very thankful to be able to go.

This was my 3rd show this tour, and 22nd overall. I was hoping for some deeper tracks but not expecting. The band rocked. They all had plenty of energy as usual. For those disappointed with the setlist, you shouldn't be. Be happy they still play live shows. The only hiccup I notice was Keith's Guitar during Connection. It was either in the wrong key or he was playing the wrong chords, I couldn't tell which. Let's hope they stay healthy and continue to Tour.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:14

It's notable how most reviews these days largely focus on the specifics of getting in and out of the venue

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:17

Nikkei
It's notable how most reviews these days largely focus on the specifics of getting in and out of the venue

Haha so very true winking smiley

And also the press and critics judge the concert by how well Micks clapping and waving, hilarious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-24 17:19 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:21

I thought the show was excellent, despite the short song list and lack of deeper cuts.

I did miss being in the pit, but not if I couldn't see, which was likely, given how the process went: From Donna: "And when doors opened - well you would have had to be there to believe it - but suffice to say it was easy for 200+ people who got there last minute to get ahead of people who were there a while." That would have pissed me off. Nice meeting you, dnewton, btw,

Mr. DDDD, would love to see your tape of the crowd trying to get in.

On the good side, great sound from where I was sitting, and what they all put into this show, most of all Mick, was amazing, the twists and turns, literally and metaphorically. Not on auto-pilot at all, in my view.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:32

Nikkei

It's understandable if people pushed and shoved last night. The venue security probably could have done a better job. Reading reports that it's been like that at that same venue for other shows as well. Not good.

Date: November 24, 2021 17:40

Topi
Nikkei

It's understandable if people pushed and shoved last night. The venue security probably could have done a better job. Reading reports that it's been like that at that same venue for other shows as well. Not good.

I mean all the recent reviews

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:41

Enjoyed the show ...19th Nervous Breakdown was rockin'. Not one I would typically call for ...but lots of energy. It was great to hear and see them in a smaller venue. Set list was a bit of letdown in that it was short and even Keith's tunes were in my opinion, the least two favorites. Would have been Happy with at least one of his classics.., (Happy/Before They Make Me Run, You Got the Silver. Little T&A, All About You). I dont mind Connection or Slipping Away...just prefer they not be paired together. Going off my memory... seems typically he does Happy or Before they Make Me Run. It would have been a great to hear something off Tattoo You (Waiting on a Friend or dare I say Slave)...and they could have used that to promote the re-issue. This was my 3rd show of the tour and the fan vote +1 were really missed at this show in my book. Far Away Eyes in Tampa & Shattered in Atlanta were great to hear and fell into those categories. Far Away Eyes was almost a tour high light for me as I had not heard that in 25+ shows over the years. Hand of Fate & Worried About You were mentioned and teased thru fan vote but never emerged. Would have loved either of those! t I tried calling out of Let it Loose ...so I did my part! Again, always glad to see and hear them...hope to catch them again soon ...across the pond as it seems.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:44

forsure
cyclist
Dreadful setlist.

I'm a casual fan---mid 30s, seen them 15 or so times, including two gigs this leg---but I'm done. It's been a delight. I've put enough gold rings on THEM.

So see ya down front next show?

Yup!

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:44

MisterDDDD
Haven’t read the thread.. but had the time of my life regardless of the setlist etc.
Kind of expected a shorter setlist.

The sound in the venue was the best I’ve ever heard, the acoustics were amazing.
So glad I was able to make this show.
Had an absolute blast!

Great to hear thumbs up

I'm looking forward to listening to this show, and playing along on my les paul smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 17:51

Link to 19th Nervous Breakdown...

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 24, 2021 18:03

Nikkei
Topi
Nikkei

All of them? Austin (racetrack in the middle of nowhere with questionable logistics) is also understandable. So is the "pit palaver" from last night. I don't seem to recall the in/out aspect being an issue in the reviews of other recent shows but of course I could be wrong.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: November 24, 2021 18:14

Wow, that's a GREAT version! Maybe Keith should sit on all the songs going forward. Worked for BB King in his later years...

Date: November 24, 2021 18:15

Topi
Nikkei
Topi
Nikkei

All of them? Austin (racetrack in the middle of nowhere with questionable logistics) is also understandable. So is the "pit palaver" from last night. I don't seem to recall the in/out aspect being an issue in the reviews of other recent shows but of course I could be wrong.

Then there was the escalators in the brand new LA venue, but there's also much space devoted to it when it isn't an issue.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 24, 2021 18:17

yeababyyea

My theory of Keith sitting down when playing the intro since Pittsburgh proved to be true.

I think he should sit down more often during the shows if it makes him play better.

(From a 72 year old perspective) Gimme Shelter comes late in the show, by which time feet and backs will probably be aching, and if sitting down helps to concentrate when there's an important intro to do, then good luck to him.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 18:35

Let me know when you post the line up chaos vid? I have done lots of PITs for different bands and the Stones - all kinds of venues. Many are chaotic for sure but this was way different than anything I had ever seen.

MisterDDDD
Topi
Hearing the entrance to the floor was a shitshow. Pushing and shoving, no lining up.

Got some good footage of that.
Was in the bar facing the line, waiting till it cleared out.

Switched to video on the camera when fists broke out..
Was really intense for a few..

Made it to the pit, and still plenty of room..cool smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 24, 2021 18:35

rbk
“How to Record and Film A Kick Ass Live Album & Blue Ray in ONE Two Hour Take.” The Rolling Stones presented a Master Class in the subject last night.

Kick ass live album? With all the guitar parts overdubbed maybe. The guitar playing last night was either missing or horrible with a few exceptions... Many guitar parts from the original tracks are played live by keyboards or horns. Keith wanders around most of the time and chimes in with a few mistimed chords. Woody's solos were mostly cringe inducing. But whatever. To each his own. They fulfilled their contract, that was the point

Date: November 24, 2021 18:56

Hey all,

Looks like I took 9 videos - at least one or two are partials.
[www.youtube.com]

Far away and blurry so not my usual close vids but some good sound in a couple - I was in front of some serious speakers on the edge. I loved being blasted with rock and roll sound. It was amazing that spot but loud - might show up in the vid

My camera is really good for close but struggles when you are far back and heads/lights/smoke take over the focus especially in vids.

Back of the PIT had room all over to move around but still too many heads due to low stage I am 5'7" so not even that short. Because there was quite a bit of space, people in the back of PIT were damn near slam dancing - having a ball - some alcohol enhanced but having a fabulous time. I love them for their enthusiasm but they bounced in any vids like crazy.
I also noticed that unless I was dead center the smoke/fog really impacted video quality and focus. And dead center was too challenging with heads, bodies, phones held high over head and it was slam dancing central

Can Apple just make a dedicated video phone with zoom, huge SD card capabilities and good sound and long or changeable battery? I am a gadget geek but due to super helpful integrations with windows PCs & androids I have had Samsung for last 5 or 6 years but holy crap those iphone 11, 12, 13pro vids and photos are jaw dropping.

Tons of funny comments coming in on my vids.. "Fantastic sound for a phone" - HA!!! Let me know if sound is really all that great in a couple.

Donna (dnewton98 on youtube)

Date: November 24, 2021 19:16

Nice to meet you too! and yes PIT very challenging to see due to low stage even from the very back was a sea of heads. Seats in this small venue would have been fantastic view and sound. I moved all around in PIT but never found a view that wasn't pretty obstructed. You will see it in vids. Even security was much more in the view due to low stage.

angee
I thought the show was excellent, despite the short song list and lack of deeper cuts.

I did miss being in the pit, but not if I couldn't see, which was likely, given how the process went: From Donna: "And when doors opened - well you would have had to be there to believe it - but suffice to say it was easy for 200+ people who got there last minute to get ahead of people who were there a while." That would have pissed me off. Nice meeting you, dnewton, btw,

Mr. DDDD, would love to see your tape of the crowd trying to get in.

On the good side, great sound from where I was sitting, and what they all put into this show, most of all Mick, was amazing, the twists and turns, literally and metaphorically. Not on auto-pilot at all, in my view.

Date: November 24, 2021 19:37

Dnewton, yes videos have sometimes not optimal view. But the sound is great!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 24, 2021 20:16

Rokyfan
rbk
“How to Record and Film A Kick Ass Live Album & Blue Ray in ONE Two Hour Take.” The Rolling Stones presented a Master Class in the subject last night.

Kick ass live album? With all the guitar parts overdubbed maybe. The guitar playing last night was either missing or horrible with a few exceptions... Many guitar parts from the original tracks are played live by keyboards or horns. Keith wanders around most of the time and chimes in with a few mistimed chords. Woody's solos were mostly cringe inducing. But whatever. To each his own. They fulfilled their contract, that was the point

Pity they decided to film the last show, they were genuinely on fire for the first 7 or 8 shows, and the expressions and camaraderie was like I've never seen before, it would have been lovely for that to have been captured on film for posterity.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: November 24, 2021 20:32

TumblinDice76
Honesty about the band is what separates Stones fans from KISS fans. KISS fans will buy and love everything the band tells them too. Some Stones fans are the same.

Ha! That's so untrue, I'd say half the Kiss fans out there know that Paul can no longer sing. As a Kiss fan, I don't buy everything they put out (their last album sucked bigtime). I will go see them live, though, they put on a great show and the pre-recorded Memorex tapes sound great!

As for the Stones, let's be real: if they ever release a live album and/or DVD of the No Filter tour, it will be a show with Charlie, not the current lineup.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 24, 2021 21:08

Nikkei

The comments have aged with the audience/ band!!

Hollywood - Tuesday 23-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 24, 2021 21:16

From Kevin Mazur:

[www.instagram.com]

Date: November 24, 2021 21:17

From Kevin Mazur:

[www.instagram.com]

Date: November 24, 2021 21:18

From Kevin Mazur:

[www.instagram.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home