Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17
Re: Hollywood show live updates - Tuesday 23-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:38

Green Lady
Goodnight all. If they're back, I'll try to get my head round whatever new invention lets us time travel to watch a show five hours and several thousand miles away. It's a pleasure, always.

No need, Europe next............smileys with beer

Re: Hollywood show live updates - Tuesday 23-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: November 24, 2021 06:40

SomeTorontoGirl
Wait…what? It’s over? Now what??? sad smiley

I thought all you Canadians went into hibernation now 'til March.........smoking smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:41

Damn, have completely forgotten about the show! After only two days off, you know.

...seems that I didn’t miss much, thoughyawning smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:43

EddieByword
SomeTorontoGirl

I thought all you Canadians went into hibernation now 'til March.........smoking smiley

No, they go to Florida.

Date: November 24, 2021 06:43

RisingStone
Damn, have completely forgotten about the show! After only two days off, you know.

...seems that I didn’t miss much, thoughyawning smiley

You can buy the DVD! grinning smiley

Date: November 24, 2021 06:44

Topi
EddieByword
SomeTorontoGirl

No, they go to Florida.

So, not skinny dipping in an icehole on the lake..........

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:45

waterrats
A BIG, BIG THANK YOU to Jody Hancock Bottiglia who saved the show for us pretty much I guess. And GL for finding her!

smileys with beer

Date: November 24, 2021 06:47

What a performance!!!! cool smileyhot smileythumbs upwinking smileysmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-24 06:47 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:47

Quique-stone
waterrats
A BIG, BIG THANK YOU to Jody Hancock Bottiglia who saved the show for us pretty much I guess. And GL for finding her!

smileys with beer

Yes! Thank you all!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:48

Cretin! Everyone knows you can’t wear white after Labour Day!

Well I did 5 years hard labour dressed in stripes ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:50

Thank you Jody for the stream, it was nice to be able to watch the end of the last show of the tour in real time. Glad I was able to catch LA #1 live, and hope that my Scandinavian trip in July next year coincides with some European shows.

It may have all become a little formulaic, but it is still amazing that they can keep at it. They all seem to feed off of the energy of live shows. Keith was practically glowing at the end. It was also great to see Ronnie looking so animated. His hair even grew back in on this tour and he is starting to look like the old Ronnie Face. Sasha Allen has really come into her own compared to the times I saw her in 2016 and 2019, and seems to be in the prime of her career. Hats off to Steve Jordan for taking on the impossible task of filling Charlie's shoes and delivering the goods.

Given all the obstacles--the loss of Charlie, COVID, Ronnie's bouts with cancer, Mick's heart surgery, a couple of years stuck in idle with no shows--we are fortunate to still be able to enjoy the world's greatest Rock 'n Roll band. Gold rings on all of them and each and every one of you.

Date: November 24, 2021 06:51

Green Lady
Keith walking off stage with a fine haul of flags and other bits and pieces.

Marvelous!

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:52

I thought the show was pretty good overall though not as spectacular as some fans would have liked. As others have stated, in this kind of setting, I was thinking it was going to be a very special ROLLING STONES evening at the Hard Rock. I'm sure to many fans, that is what it was.I feel both the Nashville & Atlanta concerts were better but that's just my opinion. No matter what the Rolling Stones do or say, there are fans & other people that are going to be negative and not happy and who will criticize the least little thing about the band, in concert and otherwise.Of course this band isn't like it used to be or playing like their in their younger days but they are still giving it their best shot as much and as often as they can. I would love for them this to continue touring but I know that's selfish of me. I also would love to see them release a new album and more from the vaults but it is what it is and if they decided to end it at the Hard Rock then so be it. That being said, I still firmly believe we will have more concerts in 2022 from them.

Date: November 24, 2021 06:53

Javadave
Thank you Jody for the stream, it was nice to be able to watch the end of the last show of the tour in real time. Glad I was able to catch LA #1 live, and hope that my Scandinavian trip in July next year coincides with some European shows.

It may have all become a little formulaic, but it is still amazing that they can keep at it. They all seem to feed off of the energy of live shows. Keith was practically glowing at the end. It was also great to see Ronnie looking so animated. His hair even grew back in on this tour and he is starting to look like the old Ronnie Face. Sasha Allen has really come into her own compared to the times I saw her in 2016 and 2019, and seems to be in the prime of her career. Hats off to Steve Jordan for taking on the impossible task of filling Charlie's shoes and delivering the goods.

Given all the obstacles--the loss of Charlie, COVID, Ronnie's bouts with cancer, Mick's heart surgery, a couple of years stuck in idle with no shows--we are fortunate to still be able to enjoy the world's greatest Rock 'n Roll band. Gold rings on all of them and each and every one of you.

Very well said!

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:56

Thank you guys and gals for some insight, guides and tips. Thank you Green Lady and a few others for your heads up on the home show streamers. Thankyou BV for your work providing this platform. Thank you Rolling Stones... Bring on Europe!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: November 24, 2021 07:00

(
swaff
Thank you guys and gals for some insight, guides and tips. Thank you Green Lady and a few others for your heads up on the home show streamers. Thankyou BV for your work providing this platform. Thank you Rolling Stones... Bring on Europe!
thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: November 24, 2021 07:00

I really enjoyed watching the stream of this tonight (thanks Jody!), while I was hoping for more rarities and less war horses in the set I won't complain about too much of a good thing. It's bittersweet to now be at the end of the 2021 tour, but I feel hopeful for more to come soon, and will enjoy all the buzz around iorr as it all unfolds.

Posted by: Wickylah ()
Date: November 24, 2021 07:02

[www.facebook.com]

opening SFM

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 24, 2021 07:12

hm, a shorted standard setlist without any suprises… not what I expected. I'm glad I went to see Dylan in Port Chester

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 24, 2021 07:13

EddieByword
SomeTorontoGirl

We’re a Constitutional Monarchy, can’t hibernate until after the tour is over. It’s in the Constitution. smiling smiley

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: November 24, 2021 07:17

Dreadful setlist.

I'm a casual fan---mid 30s, seen them 15 or so times, including two gigs this leg---but I'm done. It's been a delight. I've put enough gold rings on THEM.

Date: November 24, 2021 07:17

EddieByword
Topi
EddieByword
SomeTorontoGirl

No, they go to Florida.

So, not skinny dipping in an icehole on the lake..........

That's the Norwegians..

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 24, 2021 07:26

SomeTorontoGirl
EddieByword
SomeTorontoGirl

We’re a Constitutional Monarchy, can’t hibernate until after the tour is over. It’s in the Constitution. smiling smiley

You are gonna like this......been on a Tragically Hip trip lately. I sure do miss em STG.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 24, 2021 07:35

They only played ONE song from the original Tattoo You album during the whole tour, an album released in the middle of the tour, unbelievable from any perspective.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 24, 2021 08:00

Oh dear what a disappointment for all those who paid good bucks for a shortened uninspired set list.Maybe the guys were focused on heading to the bank vaults and greasing their palms.A massive missed opportunity.As Malcolm McLaren once said “Ever think you have been cheated”.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 24, 2021 08:14

From front row my YouTube of Jumpin’ Jack Flash filmed with iPhone 12s
The Rolling Stones, Jumpin’ Jack Flash. Hard Rock Hotel, Hollywood Fl. USA 23-11-2021
[youtu.be]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 24, 2021 08:22

The filming was just the usual cameras for the screens. They've only used some smaller ones to not block the view and one additional one in front of the catwalk instead of the crane.

The only difference was that they didn't had to crop the picture at the sides to fit the vertical screens so often you saw the whole band or multiple members on the screen. They did the same in Singapore 2014 when they played a smaller ballroom there. So no DVD for this one.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-24 08:25 by StonedRambler.

Date: November 24, 2021 08:29

Talk about ending the tour on a low…

I assume something is wrong since this is not typical stones behaviour?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 24, 2021 08:31

GREAT FOOTAGE Christiaan ...... Mick lookin so happy

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 24, 2021 08:35

well everyone's got there opinions and here's mine for this tour

1. apparently charlie's very presence onstage created a sort of selective amnesia ray effecting certain individuals in the audience and causing them to forget that keith has consistently sucked on sftd and several other warhorses throughout the no filter tour as someone who was not effected by charlie's miraculous amnesia ray let me give some advice to my fellows fans who have come out this mental fog to see the truth of keith's playing on certain songs it'll all be ok if you take it one day at a time someday you'll be able to shrug off the songs keith can't play anymore yet they choose to continue to perform for mysterious reasons and enjoy the rest of the dozen or so songs that he plays fine in each show without feeling the need to announce that keith is embarrassing himself and that they should stop performing or drag now retired and aggrieved guitarist mick taylor onstage to replace him

2. they are still the rolling stones without charlie and steve is great and looks great up there with the rest of his band that he has proven he deserves a full place in (in my opinion)

3. that keith can under the right conditions can play almost as well as he did 10 or 20 years ago and he looks great in a beanie

4. mick is probably some sort of physicaly though not cosmetically ageless demigod or at the very least benefiting from some sort of faustian bargain and will likely out live keith and the cockroaches in perfect health

5. ronnie has iron will and a thirst for life that no cancer can kill

6. that they all deeply cared for charlie and miss him

7. oh wait we've lost a guitar
well moving on

8. 19th nervous breakdown needs to be a new warhorse

9. that short of a catastrophic asteroid impact creating a centuries long nuclear winter that they will tour eruope next year
and according to bv's figuring they'll be back in the us by 2025

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home