Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17
Re: Hollywood show live updates - Tuesday 23-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:50

I was back in Toronto for a minute there..........(In a trance on the back barrier of the right pit

Re: Hollywood show live updates - Tuesday 23-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:51

retired_dog
Green Lady
StonesFan35
Some folks may have never seen them before and most likely never will again, they have to play the warhorses.

This is less likely to be true in a show like this: high prices, probably a higher percentage of die-hard fans. It strikes me that they are treating this extra show like one of their "millionaire's shows".

Right on the mark. In other words - a quick cashgrab.

now now don't shortchange the effort to turn the lobby into a guitar and wardrobe exhibit. some very considerate planning went into that

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:52

EddieByword
It's nearly 4 am, don't you people ever wanna got to bed?...................grinning smiley

4:50 over here. 2:20 hrs sleep, get up again, get the show, then maybe another 1,5 hrs sleep and off we go to work!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:54

They should play Brown Sugar as the final song of the tour. Not only is it sorely missed, it would get everyone talking about them again, and that's what the Glimmers like.

Date: November 24, 2021 05:55

Javadave
They should play Brown Sugar as the final song of the tour. Not only is it sorely missed, it would get everyone talking about them again, and that's what the Glimmers like.

Actually, I had the same thought just before going to sleep today (?) ...

Date: November 24, 2021 05:56

Street fighting man
Let's spend the night together
19th nervous breakdown
Tumbling dice
You can't always get what you want
Ghost town
Start me up
Honky tonk women
.....................Intros
Connection
Slipping away
Miss you
Midnight rambler
Paint it black
Sympathy for the devil

Date: November 24, 2021 05:56

Javadave

I just thought about that the greatest thing yet to happen would be Keith launching into Brown Sugar by mistake

Posted by: SaintPaul ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:57

woo woo

Posted by: Hairball ()

rlj1010
Really, the only thing special about this gig is the relatively small venue size and the fact its the end of the tour (and maybe the last "fill in the blank".)

Beyond that, it's remarkably average. I'm local to the Hard Rock and it was killing me that I couldn't afford this one. But I'm no longer too upset about it. (Just my opinion, of course.)

Might end up as the least exciting show of the tour - following along online it sure seems that way...
That sneak peak of the setlist before the show even started was definitley a buzzkill, but no doubt some who are in attendance will say it was "the best show ever"...

waterrats
EddieByword
It's nearly 4 am, don't you people ever wanna got to bed?...................grinning smiley

4:50 over here. 2:20 hrs sleep, get up again, get the show, then maybe another 1,5 hrs sleep and off we go to work!

Where...Germany?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:58

Nikkei
retired_dog
Green Lady
StonesFan35
Some folks may have never seen them before and most likely never will again, they have to play the warhorses.

This is less likely to be true in a show like this: high prices, probably a higher percentage of die-hard fans. It strikes me that they are treating this extra show like one of their "millionaire's shows".

Right on the mark. In other words - a quick cashgrab.

now now don't shortchange the effort to turn the lobby into a guitar and wardrobe exhibit. some very considerate planning went into that

Uuuuh, how could I forget this? Probably took so much thought and consideration that time to plan a surprise song for the gig ran out. I see. Well, one can't have everything! But the exhibit makes more than up for that.

Date: November 24, 2021 05:58

JFK is coming!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:59

Hairball
rlj1010
Really, the only thing special about this gig is the relatively small venue size and the fact its the end of the tour (and maybe the last "fill in the blank".)

Beyond that, it's remarkably average. I'm local to the Hard Rock and it was killing me that I couldn't afford this one. But I'm no longer too upset about it. (Just my opinion, of course.)

Might end up as the least exciting show of the tour - following along online it sure seems that way...
That sneak peak of the setlist before the show even started was definitley a buzzkill, but no doubt some who are in attendance will say it was "the best show ever"...
Keith on fire?

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:59

Rokyfan
Hairball
rlj1010

Keith on fire?

nah he blew it....again

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:00

Are the bongos pre-recorded? I can't see anyone playing them...

Date: November 24, 2021 06:00

EddieByword
waterrats
EddieByword

Where...Germany?

Wild, wild west - near Bonn ... grinning smiley

Date: November 24, 2021 06:01

Rokyfan
Hairball
rlj1010

Keith on fire?

Any currebt Stones show is the best @#$%& show!

SaintPaul
JFK is coming!

wasn't that supposed to happen in Dallas

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()

Hairball
rlj1010

No doubt about the buzzkill. I wish I didn't look at it. Was expecting a couple cooked up rarities.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:02

Doesn't get more Vegas than seeing Bernard, Sasha, and Mick dancing in unison at the front of stage during Sympathy...
Meanwhile, Keith is in a world of his own shredding the solo....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-24 06:02 by Hairball.

Street fighting man
Let's spend the night together
19th nervous breakdown
Tumbling dice
You can't always get what you want
Ghost town
Start me up
Honky tonk women
.....................Intros
Connection
Slipping away
Miss you
Midnight rambler
Paint it black
Sympathy for the devil
Jumping jack flash

Could have been worse...

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:03

micks voice is shot on those woo woos

waterrats
EddieByword
waterrats
EddieByword

Where...Germany?

C'est Bon.....

Posted by: retired_dog ()

waterrats
EddieByword
waterrats
EddieByword

Where...Germany?

Bonn! Out of all places on earth! The lost capital! Right in the middle of nowhere nowadays...

Posted by: cowboytoast ()

Ladies and Gentleman!!!! - Keith Berry

No excuse for that shit playing

Date: November 24, 2021 06:04

He never messes up JJ Flash...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:05

Everything all right in the critics section, I see.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()

cowboytoast
Rokyfan
Hairball
rlj1010

Keith on fire?

nah he blew it....again

At least he can still play the opening chords of JJF. Not much else. Remember when they were a guitar band?

retired_dog
waterrats
EddieByword
waterrats
EddieByword

Where...Germany?

Bonn! Out of all places on earth! The lost capital! Right in the middle of nowhere nowadays...

Not quite; it's close to France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands, hehehe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-24 06:06 by waterrats.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home