Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17
Re: Hollywood show live updates - Tuesday 23-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 24, 2021 03:58

Green Lady
This is what it looked like inside 50 minutes ago...

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks Green Lady - looks great, but I'd hate to be under those balcony overhangs - whether in a stadium, arena, or theater the sound always seems to suffer and gets a bit muffled.

Re: Hollywood show live updates - Tuesday 23-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:00

Guess they're playing it safe (more than usual) setlist-wise for the cameras tonight.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:00

Waiting for the Stones ....

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:02

Looks like the most expensive show equals to the shortest setlist of the tour. Hope at least their performance gives value for money!

Date: November 24, 2021 04:02

snoopy2
Anyone else hear the Roger Daltry wild horses rumor?
Maybe that's the surprise and they're going to suddenly pop that in the middle where the fan vote would be

And Paul McCartney is rumoured to be joining them for a version of Indian Girl that morphs in to Maxwell Silver Hammer.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:03

mosthigh
Guess they're playing it safe (more than usual) setlist-wise for the cameras tonight.

makes for a safer movie

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:03

Still, in a more intimate venue, if someone asked you if you'd pay $60/song to watch them my guess is you'd say yes!

Date: November 24, 2021 04:06

Hairball
snoopy2
Maybe that's the surprise and they're going to suddenly pop that in the middle where the fan vote would be

And Paul McCartney is rumoured to be joining them for a version of Indian Girl that morphs in to Maxwell Silver Hammer.

That's an outright sexist and as such not pc comment...!

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()

rlj1010
TheBlockbuster
When was the last time they played a 17 song or less setlist in an arena or stadium setting?

Well there was that 14 song set at Gillette Stadium at the beginning of this tour. But that was a private show for VIPs. not open to the public.

Yea I was more thinking of public shows. In 1978 I think they mostly played 18 or 19 songs, so the last time might have been in 1973.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-24 04:08 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()

Hairball
snoopy2

Or Rocky Raccoon

Posted by: SaintPaul ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:08

Cooltoplady
Hairball
snoopy2

Or Rocky Raccoon

Paint it Blackbird

Posted by: Green Lady ()

Paul Gomberg: Note NOTICE OF FILMING [www.facebook.com]

Well, if nothing else this has turned in to a nice comedy thread.

Only 17 songs....can't be true...........

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()

If that's truly the setlist I'm glad I didn't get tickets! I expected this to be more of a club show type setlist tonight with at least some rarities mixed in.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Cooltoplady
Hairball
snoopy2

Or Rocky Raccoon

Revolution # 9 would be a tad more adventurous.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:10

Im hoping for a No Filter boxet ala Four Flicks.

One show from 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021.

I wouldnt prefer the only official No Filter dvd to be from 2021

Posted by: bam ()

Fonda show was 16 songs.

Hairball

why shouldn't it be. if they can get away with these prices they can get away with anything

Date: November 24, 2021 04:11

bam
Fonda show was 16 songs.

some songs though

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:11

Green Lady
Paul Gomberg: Note NOTICE OF FILMING [www.facebook.com]

Cheers GL........... smileys with beer

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:14

bam
Fonda show was 16 songs.

Even though, that was a whole different setup. Fonda was more of a surprise pre-tour club show where only very few fans got in for $50/ticket. Here people paid thousands of $$ for the privilege.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: strapacross ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:15

Yeah, correcting my earlier enthusiasm, I don't think they are "filming" this show tonight for an official release - if they were, there would be at least one boom camera or some similar mechanism visible up front, for swinging shots moving across the stage type of thing. That notice of filming was as someone said likely a general disclaimer.

Date: November 24, 2021 04:15

Nikkei
Hairball

why shouldn't it be. if they can get away with these prices they can get away with anything

well, yeah...I was just thinking out loud and was a train of thought...it's bittersweet being the last show of the tour...
Thought it would end with more of a bang...but after peaking at the setlist it's sort of fizzling out...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:17

Who said only 17 songs?

Date: November 24, 2021 04:18

EddieByword
Who said only 17 songs?

Setlist posted on Steve Jordan instagram...

Posted by: erad ()

Setlist posted on Steve Jordan's IG.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()

strapacross
Yeah, correcting my earlier enthusiasm, I don't think they are "filming" this show tonight for an official release - if they were, there would be at least one boom camera or some similar mechanism visible up front, for swinging shots moving across the stage type of thing. That notice of filming was as someone said likely a general disclaimer.
True

Posted by: Rokyfan ()

Hairball
Nikkei
Hairball

well, yeah...I was just thinking out loud and was a train of thought...it's bittersweet being the last show of the tour...
Thought it would end with more of a bang...but after peaking at the setlist it's sort of fizzling out...

There's at least a chance its the last show ever. Worth watching for that reason alone.

Posted by: waterrats ()

Awww - Paul is on 40% battery ....

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: November 24, 2021 04:19

Rokyfan
Hairball
Nikkei
Hairball

There's at least a chance its the last show ever. Worth watching for that reason alone.

"You never know when you're giving your last performance."
--Jim Morrison

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home