Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Beware of ticket fraud : Stephan Ludwig Wiesbaden Germany aka Ludwig8745
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 23, 2021 17:28

Somebody hacked into both his IORR and eBay accounts?

Right.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 23, 2021 17:32

Chances are the money is not even going to someone in Germany whether he was hacked or not. The reality is its not good to buy seats online from someone you do not know unless they are willing to meet in person and go in with you. The Stubhubs, Viagogos and similar resellers at least usually deliver tickets.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: November 23, 2021 17:38

If he really is hacked, how can the scammer recive money to a bank account in his name? You can’t just open a bank account in another persons name, and also the address he gave us is the same as the one registered on IORR 15 years ago. Even the email is the same. In addition there had been no password change to his IORR account since he started his account. The only reason I thought this seller was legit was because he had been on here for years. He better come on here and explain himself if he thinks himself wrongly accused. I for one don’t trust him at all!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 23, 2021 17:40

So somebody hacked his iorr and eBay account were they also robbing his house and sleeping with his wife all at the same time.

If you still have the screenshot maybe you can sell it as an NFT.

Nate grinning smiley

Date: November 23, 2021 18:04

Well, if that is so, there are still a lot that doesn't make sense here.

1) If he got hacked he wouldn't he still receive the emails that we send him? This is the same email that he used when becoming a member here 15 years ago.

2) The Wiesbaden address is the same that he used when registering with IORR 15 years ago - so this must be an address he has lived on.

3) The money that the Brazilian guy transferred was to a bank account in his name - you can't open a bank account in another persons name as far as I am aware.

4) This scam involves thousands of dollars - if it is true that he has been hacked, what has he so far done to stop this happening?

5) That Facebook page looks like something a scammer has made!!! Did you look at it?

6) No I don't trust this guy at all.

Geir

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 23, 2021 18:34

Back in 2003 I bought a ticket for the January 18 MSG show from a fellow IORRer.

Sent the money and jumped on a plane form Milan to NY.

All I knew was that I had to meet at the Hotel Pennsylvania at a certain hour to collect the ticket (my European cell phone wouldn't work in the US at the time).

Of course I got my ticket and enjoyed a hell of a concert.

A couple of bad apples should not ruin the reputation of a great community!

C

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 23, 2021 19:37

liddas
Back in 2003 I bought a ticket for the January 18 MSG show from a fellow IORRer.

All I knew was that I had to meet at the Hotel Pennsylvania at a certain hour to collect the ticket (my European cell phone wouldn't work in the US at the time).

C
I hear what you are saying . When you are talking about prices that the Stones charge for a ducat =that a lot of bucks/euros/pounds/ etc ! Trust but verify ( I don't trust anyone )

Date: November 23, 2021 19:38

Of course not. I bought a ticket from another guy here for the Austin show. No problem - great guy. But this Ludwig had a fifteen year old profile - that is why I trusted him. After I wrote this I am aware of between 15-20 people scammed by this guy. Most of them om Ebay. I write this so people are alert and extra careful. It is not much fun to suddenly find yourself without a ticket on concert day.

Date: November 24, 2021 04:39

FWIW, Stephan Ludwig replied to me on Facebook:

Topi,
Listen, in case you don’t understand how the internet works: all it needs is hacking an email account with all data inside. You can believe me that I have a lots of trouble for now due the hack. Now that you are accusing innocents it doesn’t make it easier, you fu**in mo*on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-24 04:39 by Topi.

Date: November 25, 2021 06:18

Any update on this?

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: November 26, 2021 14:57

ticket resolution said Stephan Ludwig had one ticket-

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 26, 2021 18:55

Topi

Topi,
Listen, in case you don’t understand how the internet works: all it needs is hacking an email account with all data inside. You can believe me that I have a lots of trouble for now due the hack. Now that you are accusing innocents it doesn’t make it easier, you fu**in mo*on.

Is it this one: [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 26, 2021 19:55

artedm
ticket resolution said Stephan Ludwig had one ticket-

And he sold it over and over.

The hacking thing doesn't make sense unless it was evil spirits hacking his brain.

When I sell a ticket online to a private party, which is very difficult thanks to all the scammers, I write out a detailed invoice on Paypal.

Exactly what they are getting
How they are getting it

Promise of a full refund within 24 hours if the event is canceled

And this is rare for secondary sales, but an optional refund if the event is postponed and the request is made within a reasonable time frame.

I have also walked private parties selling online thru writing me the invoiced, often while searching on Facebook and outbidding their friends they are trying to sell to.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 26, 2021 20:24

"The hacking thing doesn't make sense unless it was evil spirits hacking his brain..."

smiling smiley

If they haven't already, hopefully they do so now after he scammed so many people...

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 26, 2021 23:13

With so many legitimate secondary sites and TM, there is absolutely no reason to buy tickets on Ebay, Facebook or Craigslist. Sorry

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 26, 2021 23:25

Jeter1984
With so many legitimate secondary sites and TM, there is absolutely no reason to buy tickets on Ebay, Facebook or Craigslist. Sorry

Unfortunately, for this show there was a couple hundred of them on average per ticket.

Little or no fees, as well as scarcity of tix, made it difficult to not at least consider those options.
I almost bought a decent ticket off CL, and even after talking to seller who seemed legit, backed out because of the risk.

Could have easily been caught up in this scam as was looking for tix with one of the buyers to make a pair, who then decided to take his wife after buying these. When something seems too good to be true (pit tix below face??) it usually is.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 26, 2021 23:59

liddas

C

In Southampton a few years ago, I got in contact with a poster on here “roadster” I believe, he had an LD ticket, I picked it up with his wife, got a PIT ticket, and they guy still only took £40 sterling for a ticket worth £450. A really nice husband & wife.

There are amazing people on here. Sorry to hear there are some taking advantage.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 27, 2021 00:28

Paddy
liddas

C

In Southampton a few years ago, I got in contact with a poster on here “roadster” I believe, he had an LD ticket, I picked it up with his wife, got a PIT ticket, and they guy still only took £40 sterling for a ticket worth £450. A really nice husband & wife.

There are amazing people on here. Sorry to hear there are some taking advantage.

Agree with all of this..
I was able to buy two single seats at face from someone mainly on a different stones forum site.
Had met him a couple times years ago, and as a very active member there, I didn't really think twice about the purchase.

I then was able to get a better seat and resold them at face to a couple members I had met, and again they didn't seem to have any concerns.
I then self upgraded at the show and was able to pass along my seat to yet another member here.

Whew.. there was even another sale and transfer that I had to undo to another member here as someone I had offered it to earlier had accepted but I missed the text and he was kind enough to help with the situation.(thanks again John/sockers56).

All worked out well in the end as another ticket was purchased, but all of this worked out because of the friendships and connections made from this site and Shidoobee. smileys with beer

Most hardcore fans are fantastic people, and no, this one bad apple shouldn't ruin that for all the good ones.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 27, 2021 00:39

MisterDDDD
Agree with all of this..
I was able to buy two single seats at face from someone mainly on a different stones forum site.
Had met him a couple times years ago, and as a very active member there, I didn't really think twice about the purchase.

I then was able to get a better seat and resold them at face to a couple members I had met, and again they didn't seem to have any concerns.
I then self upgraded at the show and was able to pass along my seat to yet another member here.

Whew.. there was even another sale and transfer that I had to undo to another member here as someone I had offered it to earlier had accepted but I missed the text and he was kind enough to help with the situation.(thanks again John/sockers56).

All worked out well in the end as another ticket was purchased, but all of this worked out because of the friendships and connections made from this site and Shidoobee. smileys with beer

Most hardcore fans are fantastic people, and no, this one bad apple shouldn't ruin that for all the good ones.

Yes agree 100%. I have been helped out with tickets, hotels, ubers etc by so many amazing fans on this and the Shidoobee board. Thanks here in particular to Mike, John, and Jason. All extremely honorable and great company. Hugs guys!!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 27, 2021 02:29

Great positive stories....I love that....don't let spoiled a lot of good things by rotten apples

Date: November 28, 2021 06:26

Timbernardis now told me eBay canceled his order of two fake pit tickets. So all good there.

Date: November 28, 2021 06:27

jackflash27
Topi

Topi,

Is it this one: [www.facebook.com]

Yes. That's the seller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-28 06:39 by Topi.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 28, 2021 07:39

In 1999 two girls from my office in Perth flew to the US to see Springsteen in his reunion show with the e Street band. En route (they were actually in the air over the Pacific to the shows venue, from memory, Washington) the show was canceled. I contacted some people on a Springsteen Newsgroup. They said just to have Sal and Jo turn up to a McDonalds car park at some address I was given in NYC at such and such a time on such and such a day, and they be given two tickets to the Boston show.

They did, and were actually simply handed 2 tickets to BOTH BOSTON shows by a news group user by the name of Blue Tele. No money changed hands. He simply drove off. They may AFTER the shows for meals and drinks.

He’s since passed away. But the other girl on the group, Denise, that got Blue Tele onto the case, and I still communicate.

Nice things happen.

Rod

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 1, 2022 21:43

He did it again. This time fake Munich poster on Germany craigslist.

Date: September 1, 2022 21:50

So he was hacked again? winking smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 1, 2022 23:10

Topi
So he was hacked again? winking smiley

Yes. ;-) And his language is still the same.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 1, 2022 23:17

If you see this guy, kick his ass! Sad little puke needs a real job.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 2, 2022 05:34

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-02 05:36 by steffialicia.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home