Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MACCA, CONCERT AND SPACE.....
Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: November 15, 2005 07:56

McCartney to beam concert into space

Thursday, November 10, 2005 Posted: 1912 GMT (0312 HKT)

McCartney will sing "Good Day Sunshine" to space station crew.LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Former Beatle Paul McCartney is to broadcast live into space from a U.S. concert to two astronauts circling the globe.

He will play "Good Day Sunshine" and one of his latest songs, "English Tea," to NASA astronaut Bill McArthur and Russian cosmonaut Valery Tokarev who are on an international space station 220 miles above the earth.

McCartney, who will be singing into space on Saturday from Anaheim, California via NASA television, got the idea when he discovered that the crew of the spaceship Discovery were treated to a burst of "Good Day Sunshine" in August as a wake-up call from Mission Control.

"I was extremely proud to find out that one of my songs was played for the crew of Discovery this summer. In our concert we hope to repay the favor," he said in a statement.

Re: MACCA, CONCERT AND SPACE.....
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 15, 2005 08:27

I was at this concert on Saturday. It was a very cool part of the show when they did the link up to space.

This is another typically great tour from Paul. It was amazing for me to see 3 of my all time favorites multiple times within 12 days: 3 Stones shows, 2 McCartney and 2 U2.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 15, 2005 10:46

And why don't they send the Bassist himself to space?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 15, 2005 11:36

I'm surprised it took two replies and as long as 3 hours for someone on here to have come up with THAT line ... smiling smiley

You guys are slacking!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 15, 2005 11:39

can u imagine how lonely and depressing it must be to be stuck in space for months on end with no friends, family or fun ?

and then to top off your boredom/depression, some chimp-faced @#$%& in need of some publicity decides to make the next 3 hours of your life even worse by singing his collection of MOR crap down your radio channel

marvelous!

i bet the poor @#$%& couldn't even turn it off if they wanted to yawning smiley(

if Macca wants to be heard in space that bad, can i suggest we all chip in a by a rocket and send him up pronto ?. i'll donate a hundred pounds to the effort straight off

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 15, 2005 14:42

Gazza,

It's getting to complicated for me " .. taking the fifth on that one", " ..are slacking". Can you give me a free english course?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 15, 2005 14:45

'slacking' means 'slowing down' or 'getting lazy'..ie, you're not as quick on the draw as you used to be!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home