Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Atlanta show live updates - Thursday 11-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 14, 2021 19:09

I’d also like to mention that these were my favorite stage looks the boys have worn all tour. I loved all the jewel tones, but Mick’s magenta jacket and matching bedazzled shirt were my absolute favorite, a close second being the teal colored sequined jacket and shirt he wore for SFTD. Keith looked fantastic in his purple velvet blazer. I LOVE Ronnie’s lizard strap, too. The entire show really is a feast for the eyes and ears.

Re: Atlanta show live updates - Thursday 11-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: November 14, 2021 21:37

jumpingjackflash5

Good characteri[zation].

A surge of rock'n'roll (great rock'n'roll) raging against the dying of the light.

I hope this surge won't be that short.
They are playing very well.

They are performing amazingly well. And thanks, that bit is quite apt, isn't it?

I don't want anybody to think I'm passing it off it as my own, though. That best line of my post most will recognize as lifted from Dylan Thomas... from what might well serve as this 2021 Rolling Stones tour's unspoken theme.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Rave On, you England's Oldest Hitmakers!

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 15, 2021 06:00

Film in Atlanta from Pit 1

Shattered: video: [youtu.be]

Hot Stuff Book out now!
Follow me on Instagram: matt_leeuk

Date: November 15, 2021 06:01

Satisfaction: video: [youtu.be]

Hot Stuff Book out now!

Date: November 15, 2021 06:01

She's a Rainbow: video: [youtu.be]

Hot Stuff Book out now!

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: November 15, 2021 15:24

Magnificent show!
So glad I finally made it into Pit2.
Just ordered the setlist.

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: November 15, 2021 16:35

We were in Pit 2 and it was not as crowded as some of the other shows. It is usually packed and hard to move around. It seems they are giving LD's some pit tickets and really packing the pits. With Atlanta not being as crowded as the other 5 shows we have been to, I wonder if the Houston disaster had any impact on the pit crowd. It does bother some people that you spend a lot of money for a pit ticket and they cause overcrowding with giving Pit upgrades to LD's. I wonder if they did not give out as many LD pit passes? It will be interesting to see what it is like in Detroit. We are skipping that show.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 15, 2021 16:54

We were in Pit 1 and it seemed pretty crowded though there was some room towards the back on the left side. My wife and I, along with our granddaughter all had LD tickets and the granddaughter, at her first Rolling Stones concert, got the Pit 1 tickets which in turn she kindly gave to us, lol.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 15, 2021 16:57

Rocktiludrop
Rambler

Mick almost struggling to keep up with the pace here, Ronnie really kicking it into touch, the band are on fire and it's one of those nights.hot smiley

[m.youtube.com]

With the benefit of a new set of headphones here, these various youtube clips (some of them anyway) actually sound quite OK on my laptop.

This version of Rambler is fabulous, they are on the boil here. Wonderful version, as good as I have ever seen and heard ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 15, 2021 17:44

paulywaul
Rocktiludrop
Rambler

Mick almost struggling to keep up with the pace here, Ronnie really kicking it into touch, the band are on fire and it's one of those nights.hot smiley

[m.youtube.com]

With the benefit of a new set of headphones here, these various youtube clips (some of them anyway) actually sound quite OK on my laptop.

This version of Rambler is fabulous, they are on the boil here. Wonderful version, as good as I have ever seen and heard ....

Yeah I'm addicted now, through my sound system some of these clips are about as good as its ever been because i don't like polished overdubbed recordings, this band is all about blasting it out raw, i even love the mistakes and the sweat dropping off Mick when he's out of breath between numbers, the Stones are down to the hard grind now and it's just thrilling to see these three old guys give everything they have and then some more.
Long may it continue.

Date: November 16, 2021 20:00

Finally the setlist by Ronnie, hope it works

[rolling-stones.disciplemedia.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-16 21:55 by eismann.

Shattered in Atlanta
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 18, 2021 08:36

Great souped-up, speeded-up version. It makes Manchester 2018 version sound like creeping at a snail pace. This is how this song should be played. And Steve made it happen.

Put pros and cons of Steve aside for now. No one can deny his contribution on this one.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Shattered in Atlanta
Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 18, 2021 09:12

Yes, that was excellent. You can tell that everyone is totally focused. The bridge seemed flawless. And Steve does do a great job, really driving it with a steady beat. He's locked in and when he and Mick are in sync "flatter, flatter flatter" it sounds right on.

Date: November 18, 2021 10:27

I'd say it's the best version since 1982, for several reasons. The tempo and drive is mentioned, but Mick is putting more of his heart into it as well.

Jordan fvcked up the ending, LOL. Suited the energy of the song with that ramshackle ending smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 18, 2021 10:41

Rockin' garage stuff ...

How old are they again ?? ...
And only Mick can make brow wipin' look raggedly sexual ...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 18, 2021 10:54

Not sure i really like this version. Tempo is great. But lacks something. Maybe it's the bad mix from the video.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 18, 2021 11:59

DandelionPowderman
I'd say it's the best version since 1982, for several reasons. The tempo and drive is mentioned, but Mick is putting more of his heart into it as well.

Jordan fvcked up the ending, LOL. Suited the energy of the song with that ramshackle ending smiling smiley

I always really liked this version as well. it really shows the brilliance of Charlie Watts, how he really directs the groove of the song. And also why Chuck Leavell is the big spoiler -finally for the first time since 1982 they play it at the right pace again and he then tells them to slow it down.

[www.youtube.com]

Mathijs

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 18, 2021 14:21

Showing there age on this one . Look at the bridge or listen to the bridge . Mick is still getting it done !

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 18, 2021 16:46

Interesting. Jordan pounds the living h*ll out of the drums which is pretty cool, making it 70s/80s punk era propulsive, but for moi, watching KR rather than MJ acting out is fascinating. KR looks to be really working out how the chording is supposed to go for the song and keeping up with the tempo. This live version of the song itself doesn't do much for me, but it never has live or as recorded.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 18, 2021 17:09

great.. good video too, no waving arms with phones blocking the shot.. jealous I did not attend this show but thanks for posting!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 18, 2021 17:14

A fine live version to be sure. Keith should have joined in on the vocals. But the original, frantic and coked up recording is the best. Shattered is one my favorite Stones tunes.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: November 28, 2021 01:35

Finished my pictures from Atlanta finally ...

Hope you enjoy:

[josefmassinger.smugmug.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 28, 2021 14:42

majomuc

Hope you enjoy:

Great pics! I loved how "visual" the band was on this tour - the clothes were exceptional. That art school eye, I guess.

Steve looks like he could have stepped out of the 60s with The Funk Brothers or M. G.'s.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 28, 2021 16:32

majomuc

Hope you enjoy:

Thank you for sharing your photos! They are excellent smileys with beer

Date: November 28, 2021 17:56

Great pics bringing back nice memories, we must have been at the same spot in Pit2, with lots of VIP stickers around. Did you see the lady dancing barefoot?
Thank you very much for posting!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 28, 2021 18:11

majomuc

Hope you enjoy:

Some lovely shots there. Thank you.

Posted by: racknel ()
Date: November 28, 2021 19:10

Wow - those pictures are indeed awesome! Thanks for sharing. My son and I went to the show and we just had fun zooming in on one of the crowd pics and finding ourselves.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 28, 2021 19:17

Some good looking pictures there. That Mercedes Benz Stadium though - it looks like a gigantic tin shed with some random windows taped on it.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: November 30, 2021 23:49

Thanks for enjoying, you all !

Yes, we were in Pit 2.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 1, 2021 00:05

Great shots!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home