Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Atlanta show live updates - Thursday 11-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 11, 2021 15:47

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones No Filter show at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta GA USA, Thursday November 11, 2021.

Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Please send your comments, reviews, links and more to: iorr@arena.no

Editorial reports from the show will be published here:

The Rolling Stones - Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta GA USA, Thursday November 11, 2021

For the pre-show talks regarding this show please see the thread:

Atlanta GA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info

The Rolling Stones are expected on stage at approx 8:45pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).

For time zone info please see:

[www.timeanddate.com]

Song Vote:

Song Vote - Atlanta

IORR 2021 tour links:

The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-11 22:00 by bv.

Re: Atlanta show live updates - Thursday 11-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: adamw3405 ()
Date: November 11, 2021 15:55

We’re here from the UK! what time do the merchandise trucks usually open? Thanks

Re: Atlanta show live updates - Thursday 11-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 11, 2021 16:08

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 11, 2021 16:20

Poster: [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , Crewneck: [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , T-Shirt: [TheRollingStonesShop.com]

[Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com] , [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-12 17:35 by Irix.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 11, 2021 16:25

adamw3405
We’re here from the UK! what time do the merchandise trucks usually open? Thanks

Been a couple venues that have opened them early in the afternoon, but most seem to be opening up around 3 or 3:30.

Congrats on making it from the UK!
Glad things opened up for a few shows, enjoy!!

Date: November 11, 2021 16:54

Thanks, here for 3 shows! Very excited though my bank balance will suffer!

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: November 11, 2021 17:22

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

I like that design.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-11 17:23 by tonyc.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 11, 2021 17:23

For anyone wondering, the phoenix represents the way Atlanta recovered after being burned to the ground during the Civil War.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: November 11, 2021 17:26

I'm driving down from Tennessee to Atlanta with my friend this afternoon.

I'm alloting three hours extra for traffic.

Looking so forward to it!

Date: November 11, 2021 17:29

jahisnotdead
For anyone wondering, the phoenix represents the way Atlanta recovered after being burned to the ground during the Civil War.

Interesting.. thanks for the info.

This sculpture might make a good spot for a Mick Pic..

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 11, 2021 18:18

Can you call the base of that statue the Phoenix Foundation? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-11 18:19 by Topi.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 11, 2021 18:43

Maybe I missed it, but is there pre-party planned anywhere this afternoon? Hudson Grille is a convenient spot. A lot has changed around the stadium with the closing of the CNN center. I’m heading down mid afternoon to take in the vibe. Hope to see some of you!

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: November 11, 2021 18:43

WELCOME TO ATLANTA!

It's been my hometown for the past 40 years, and it's a great mixture of big city and small town wrapped into one.

Here are some inside tips that might help first timers:

FOOD (at the show)
Mercedes Benz Stadium is amazing, and has probably the best Concessions of any arena I've visited. Go to Concourse 100 for an amazing selection of most anything you might want.

Personal favorites are FOX BROS. BBQ, at Sec. 136, good, southern style pulled pork, brisket, etc.

Georgia Craft Ales are excellent, and a wide variety can be found at the Georgia Local Craft Beer, Sec. 110. There are many other beer stands.

And, if you can believe it, there is a place in the Stadium where you can still get a hot dog for $1.50, soda for$2.00, and more, called ATL FAN FARE. Saves you some money for one of those $50 t shirts!

FOOD (before the show)
ANTICO'S PIZZA is my favorite in Atlanta, wood fired and fabulous. They are located near the Georgia Tech campus, at 1093 Hemphill Road. Not really close to a MARTA Station, though, but worth an Uber.

THE VARSITY is the World's Largest Drive In, located at 61 North Ave. NW. Hands down the best onion rings you'll ever taste, and be sure to get a Frosted Orange to drink (tastes like a Dreamcicle, if you remember those!)

GENERAL THOUGHTS
We just won the World Series, so a cry of "How 'bout them BRAVES!" might get you invited to sit at the bar. Also, the GEORGIA BULLDOGS are the #1 ranked college football team in the country, so a "How 'bout them DAWGS!" might get you the same result!

Be sure to try grits if you have never had them. I think it's a State Law that you must order some for breakfast. Same for hush puppies and Brunswick Stew.

As for me, I'll be hanging around the statue of the Falcon outside the Stadium sometime before 7:00 pm. I'm wearing a combo of tour stuff (black Steel Wheels sweatshirt, maroon Voodoo Lounge Cap, Zip Code wristband, with a Bigger Bang t shirt under it all! smileys with beer BV, Elmo, and many others, I hope to see you to say hello!

Again, WELCOME TO THE ATL, and let's get ready for what I know will be an EPIC show!

Cheers,

MONGOOSE

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 11, 2021 19:26

Exciting - hoping for some new additions to the setlist that haven't been played yet this leg of the tour...maybe No Expectations...maybe Worried About You....
Will no doubt be a great show after they've had a good rest, and too all who have traveled to the States from abroad who were previously unable to - welcome back to the USA.thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-11 19:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: November 11, 2021 19:49

Flying today to Atlanta from NYC for the show. Can't wait!

Posted by: racknel ()
Date: November 11, 2021 21:13

Love the enthusiasm and pro tips Mongoose! As a native Atlantan, I concur with all your recommendations. Have fun all. See you soon at the show!

Posted by: Telly ()
Date: November 11, 2021 21:23

En route from St Louis. Hope the rain clears & my Dips are Lucky! Poster looks cool, imo.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: November 11, 2021 21:24

In town from Europe for just this show. Hoping for no expectations and other gems.

Can recommend the Banksy exhibition in Atlanta underground starting at noon every day.

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: November 11, 2021 21:26

Mongoose
WELCOME TO ATLANTA!

It's been my hometown for the past 40 years, and it's a great mixture of big city and small town wrapped into one.

Here are some inside tips that might help first timers:

FOOD (at the show)
Mercedes Benz Stadium is amazing, and has probably the best Concessions of any arena I've visited. Go to Concourse 100 for an amazing selection of most anything you might want.

Personal favorites are FOX BROS. BBQ, at Sec. 136, good, southern style pulled pork, brisket, etc.

Georgia Craft Ales are excellent, and a wide variety can be found at the Georgia Local Craft Beer, Sec. 110. There are many other beer stands.

And, if you can believe it, there is a place in the Stadium where you can still get a hot dog for $1.50, soda for$2.00, and more, called ATL FAN FARE. Saves you some money for one of those $50 t shirts!

FOOD (before the show)
ANTICO'S PIZZA is my favorite in Atlanta, wood fired and fabulous. They are located near the Georgia Tech campus, at 1093 Hemphill Road. Not really close to a MARTA Station, though, but worth an Uber.

THE VARSITY is the World's Largest Drive In, located at 61 North Ave. NW. Hands down the best onion rings you'll ever taste, and be sure to get a Frosted Orange to drink (tastes like a Dreamcicle, if you remember those!)

GENERAL THOUGHTS
We just won the World Series, so a cry of "How 'bout them BRAVES!" might get you invited to sit at the bar. Also, the GEORGIA BULLDOGS are the #1 ranked college football team in the country, so a "How 'bout them DAWGS!" might get you the same result!

Be sure to try grits if you have never had them. I think it's a State Law that you must order some for breakfast. Same for hush puppies and Brunswick Stew.

As for me, I'll be hanging around the statue of the Falcon outside the Stadium sometime before 7:00 pm. I'm wearing a combo of tour stuff (black Steel Wheels sweatshirt, maroon Voodoo Lounge Cap, Zip Code wristband, with a Bigger Bang t shirt under it all! smileys with beer BV, Elmo, and many others, I hope to see you to say hello!

Again, WELCOME TO THE ATL, and let's get ready for what I know will be an EPIC show!

Cheers,

MONGOOSE

Enjoy the show!

Won’t be able to attend but will note your tips for a future trip.

Congrats on the Braves from a Dodger fan. Are you wearing your pearls with the T-shirt?

Date: November 11, 2021 22:18

Merch truck must be open...

[twitter.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 11, 2021 22:26

The Rolling Stones are expected to be on stage 8:45pm i.e. normal show start.

I have been walking the streets of downtown Atlanta for three days now, and every day I walk into new fans from Europe, arriving here following the travel ban being lifted Monday this week.

Also a lot more Stones shirts to bee seen today of course - it's show day!

After weeks of so boring McDonalds emergency food with Filet'o'Fish I must say Ray's In The City on 240 Peachtree St almost saved my life. I go there every day now until I leave for Detroit. Too bad they have one hour waiting for a table for dinner during the evenings, but today I am at the show by then, and the newt two days I will be there early afternoon, taking no chances on strange places now.

It was cloudy this morning here in Atlanta, but now the sun is out, great weather. The forecast is saying rain after 6pm, so I will aim for the stadium - with a roof - as early as possible.

I am so happy people wear masks here, I have made it so far, don't want to risk anything, now I am 14 days away from being home, 81 days on tour masked up mainly, it's been a long tour, but a great one so far!

I do still need to know what Atlanta park Mick is pictured in - with the pond - may be it is Piedmont Park - I don't know. I don't need to pilgrim every place Mick went to, but I love parks and lakes.

My room is so tiny there is hardly space for my PC, so I am out in the great streets of Atlanta once more.

Enjoy the show!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 11, 2021 22:48

Pretty cool running into BV at Ray’s.

Posted by: Telly ()
Date: November 11, 2021 23:10

Anybody know where the merch truck is located? TIA!

Date: November 11, 2021 23:20

Telly
Anybody know where the merch truck is located? TIA!

Near gate 1

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 11, 2021 23:25

bv
The Rolling Stones are expected to be on stage 8:45pm i.e. normal show start.

I have been walking the streets of downtown Atlanta for three days now, and every day I walk into new fans from Europe, arriving here following the travel ban being lifted Monday this week.

Also a lot more Stones shirts to bee seen today of course - it's show day!

After weeks of so boring McDonalds emergency food with Filet'o'Fish I must say Ray's In The City on 240 Peachtree St almost saved my life. I go there every day now until I leave for Detroit. Too bad they have one hour waiting for a table for dinner during the evenings, but today I am at the show by then, and the newt two days I will be there early afternoon, taking no chances on strange places now.

It was cloudy this morning here in Atlanta, but now the sun is out, great weather. The forecast is saying rain after 6pm, so I will aim for the stadium - with a roof - as early as possible.

I am so happy people wear masks here, I have made it so far, don't want to risk anything, now I am 14 days away from being home, 81 days on tour masked up mainly, it's been a long tour, but a great one so far!

I do still need to know what Atlanta park Mick is pictured in - with the pond - may be it is Piedmont Park - I don't know. I don't need to pilgrim every place Mick went to, but I love parks and lakes.

My room is so tiny there is hardly space for my PC, so I am out in the great streets of Atlanta once more.

Enjoy the show!

BV you’re correct it’s Piedmont Park in the picture.

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: November 12, 2021 00:49

Enjoy the show! Hope to be awake from
02:30 am in Sweden to follow. Some good stresming I hope and no expectations was my vore.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: November 12, 2021 01:14

Hey everybody enjoy the show tonite! Gonna be a good one!! Will be watching whatever I can.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 12, 2021 02:07

Cheers hope your night is special

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: November 12, 2021 02:17

Shattered at Soundcheck !!!

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: November 12, 2021 02:19

All Down The Line Soundcheck

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home