Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIP - Terence Wilson (Astro) - UB40
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 8, 2021 04:19

Terence Wilson, one of the earliest members of the British reggae pop band UB40, has died after a short illness. He was known to friends and fans as Astro—a nickname he picked up wearing Doc Martens Astronaut boots. Astro joined UB40 in 1979, before they started cranking out number one hits. He left to rejoin founding member Ali Campbell’s new version of the group in 2013, the BBC reports. That band confirmed his death on its official Twitter page. “We are absolutely devastated and completely heartbroken to have to tell you that our beloved Astro has today passed away after a very short illness. The world will never be the same without him. We ask you to please respect his family’s privacy at this incredibly difficult time,” the band tweeted.

The other UB40 lineup tweeted their condolences, too. They lost founding member Brian Travers to brain cancer this summer.

UB40's Astro Dead at 64
The British performer helped bring reggae to the mainstream
(Newser.com)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-08 20:11 by bv.

Re: RIP - Terence Wilson (Astro) - UB40
Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: November 8, 2021 14:23

Very sad news.

Comes from my home town and was a big supporter of my football team, used to bump into him at some away games.

Really decent guy and had no air or graces, despite his job & kept to his roots.

RIP Astro

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 8, 2021 17:00

RIP

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 8, 2021 20:29

Oh no. I regret not seeing him. I have a live recording on cassette and love it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 8, 2021 20:36

Saw them a few times and it was always fun. He added so much to the music. Loved his vocal breaks and accents. He was as much a part of the original sound as Ali was. An all around fun band…as Astro would say, just tell it like it is

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home